United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Tropical

Default I'm not shy of blaming Fergie for stuff,

but I think Kleberson simply lacked the cojones to be a success at United, regardless of Fergie's ill-use of him. And there was no way of telling that before he arrived.

Like I say, a reasonable gamble that failed. The others, though...

Unread 01-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
i hope your not just taking the piss.
i genuinely thought kleberson was a very intelligent player.

his touch for that goal at charlton away was brilliant.

his first touch passing was also great
Nope not at all.

A few lessons learnt looking into player's familial backgrounds might have been learnt though, methinks.

Kleb highlight for me was Blackburn at home the sidefoot 2003 (was it)quality footballer.

By coincidence, I gave up on him 0-0 Blackburn at home 2005.

Unread 01-02-2007, 04:21 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
or as a 2nd £#%&!ING STRIKER
What happened to the whole Fergie has 20 years of management experience and knows a hell of a lot more about football than us? I take it that is only a valid opinion when he agrees with your idiotic thoughts?

Unread 01-02-2007, 04:22 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
What happened to the whole Fergie has 20 years of management experience and knows a hell of a lot more about football than us? I take it that is only a valid opinion when he agrees with your idiotic thoughts?
different circumstances.

Unread 01-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Lazarus

Why rake this up now?

Wenger signed loads of shit,despite the myth he is a genuis of the transfer market.

Mourinho has wasted a fortune on crap.

In a twenty year career Fergie has signed some duds.

Anyway,you should be pleased we have Glazer now - no more money to spend on players.

Why can't those who have clamoured for Fergie's head just be happy that things seem to be back on track and we've got a manager as good as anybody,who is playing exciting young players in an exciting,attacking formation?

TIP: This is the bit where you're supposed to be happy and enjoying it.

Unread 01-02-2007, 04:24 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
different circumstances.
So you're admitting you're a £#%&!ing idiot. Good.

Unread 01-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Tim Howard was fine and dandy til Porto, as someone said already. He went to bits from then on.

Forlan was a chance worth taking - quality goals. Kept making the same mistakes over and over again though.

Verdict: screw loose; both should have been checked out more carefully - medical records etc!

Unread 01-02-2007, 04:31 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
Why rake this up now?

Wenger signed loads of shit,despite the myth he is a genuis of the transfer market.

Mourinho has wasted a fortune on crap.

In a twenty year career Fergie has signed some duds.

Anyway,you should be pleased we have Glazer now - no more money to spend on players.

Why can't those who have clamoured for Fergie's head just be happy that things seem to be back on track and we've got a manager as good as anybody,who is playing exciting young players in an exciting,attacking formation?

TIP: This is the bit where you're supposed to be happy and enjoying it.
it's thursday afternoon and i'm bored at work. ok? nft.

Unread 01-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
it's thursday afternoon and i'm bored at work. ok? nft.
Fair enough.

I think the bigger question is why O'Leary actually bought Djumbo for 3 million

Maybe he and Fergie split it ?

Unread 01-02-2007, 04:41 PM
borsuk

Default i don't really see too many foreseeable £#%&!-ups there, tbh

bad transfers were the whole stam/larry episode and the series of keepers we had post-schmeichel - but not howard. keeper of the season in his first season, wasn't he? being a keeper at united is different from most places and it really is hard to tell who will make it. who has the concentration, the presence, the strength of character? it's the hardest one to get right, and the fees were not excessive.

djemba[SIZE="1"]2 was a decent punt: he'd been outstanding for nantes the previous season. kleb similarly. forlan i actually liked and can't quite understand why he didn't make it. bellion was utter stupidity. miller was quality for celtic and the republic - hard to see that failure coming as well. all in all i think fergie's transfer record stands up pretty well to any analysis which isn't simply an exercise in prediction with the benefit of hindsight.

Unread 01-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
bad transfers were the whole stam/larry episode and the series of keepers we had post-schmeichel - but not howard. keeper of the season in his first season, wasn't he? being a keeper at united is different from most places and it really is hard to tell who will make it. who has the concentration, the presence, the strength of character? it's the hardest one to get right, and the fees were not excessive.

djemba[SIZE="1"]2 was a decent punt: he'd been outstanding for nantes the previous season. kleb similarly. forlan i actually liked and can't quite understand why he didn't make it. bellion was utter stupidity. miller was quality for celtic and the republic - hard to see that failure coming as well. all in all i think fergie's transfer record stands up pretty well to any analysis which isn't simply an exercise in prediction with the benefit of hindsight.
Yeah very true - even on Djemba ( he seemed to slot in at first - Newcastle away springs to mind).

That type of transfer policy worked in 1996 as well. But back then the squad they came into was full of character and pulling in the same direction. The players who came in weren't especially great but it worked.

Still think the special bus arrived a bit though - closer medical observation

Unread 01-02-2007, 05:47 PM
King Schlong

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

Spon on yet again Borsuk.

Unread 01-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Rhodzy

Didnt Kleberson have an underage wife.

Unread 01-02-2007, 06:10 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
Didnt Kleberson have an underage wife.
Yeah

Its legal in brazil to £#%&! and marrry 14yr old girls as far as im aware. Quite sick if you ask me.

I remember him being pictured with her coming into manchester airport before he signed his deal.

Rough as £#%&! she was and im sure it mentioned that she was only 15.

Unread 01-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Lazarus

I simply will not take seriously any Manchester United midfielder who needs a special cushion to reach the steering wheel of his 4x4.

Unread 01-02-2007, 06:32 PM
My Name is Keith

What's with the 'century gothic' font Borusk? You're mad you are.

£#%&! it, it for a penny and all that.....

Anyway, I fail to see the relevance of claiming that all the players mentioned were 'good punts' and suggesting that Fergie should be in some way excused of blame because they were decent players prior to joining United ie ‘anyone could have got that wrong’.

It's like buying a sirloin steak, wiping your arse on it and then claiming, ‘well… it used to taste nice'.

Any signing only becomes a good one once it proves itself - so hindsight is the only real test isn't it? Or am I missing something?

Anyway, I think Fergie's record of signings has been atrocious for some time. From all accounts, the players persuaded Fergie to secure Ronaldo and Rooney, - well, you'd have to be £#%&!ing blind not to spot that one.

Heinz, Vidic and Evra have restored my faith a little in the last year and like Laz said, I'm more than happy to enjoy the good times whilst I can.

Unread 01-02-2007, 07:51 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
What's with the 'century gothic' font Borusk? You're mad you are.
funee and krayzee cos i's wi da kidzz, u no?

Quote:
Anyway, I fail to see the relevance of claiming that all the players mentioned were 'good punts' and suggesting that Fergie should be in some way excused of blame because they were decent players prior to joining United ie ‘anyone could have got that wrong’.

It's like buying a sirloin steak, wiping your arse on it and then claiming, ‘well… it used to taste nice'.

Any signing only becomes a good one once it proves itself - so hindsight is the only real test isn't it? Or am I missing something?
yeah. wiping your arse on a sirloin is something that anyone could tell would have less than ideal consequences for your mouth, however nice it might feel at the other end (it takes all sorts...); those transfers were all decent bets, which didn't come off. like i said, there were no real grounds for expecting, say, miller to fail: everything seemed to suggest that he was a star in the making.
Quote:
Heinz, Vidic and Evra have restored my faith a little in the last year and like Laz said, I'm more than happy to enjoy the good times whilst I can.
indeed
Closed Thread