United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Default Ronaldo's display last night further emphasises

the importance of him staying at United. Ribery my arse.

I hope the offices of AS or Marca or whatever the Madrid puppet paper gets car bombed.

Unread 01-02-2007, 02:03 PM
armchair

I wonder if Portugal is to Spain what Canada is to the USA, Ireland to the UK and NZ to Australia. I'm hoping so and that Fergie and Carlos can convince him to stay.

Unread 01-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I don't know, good point.

Unread 01-02-2007, 02:20 PM
tatty

If he holds any ambitions for RM or Barca then it's just timescales and money we're talking about.

Unread 01-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I can picture watching him playing in Spain in three years when he's at his peak and cursing him through gritted teeth, and I don't want to.

The idea of replacing him with Lennon or Ribery is like replacing Rooney with Robihno or Saviola. He's more than a winger like Rooney is more than someone who plays in the hole.

Unread 01-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
If he holds any ambitions for RM or Barca then it's just timescales and money we're talking about.
Agree..

He'll be gone..

I'd rather capitalise now ( as long as the funds are put back into the team on top of our Rolling Warchest which must be ut to.. oooh £60m or so now ).. than let his agent hawk him around amidst injuries and tantrums as he tries to run his contract down and leave for Madrid on a free...

Unread 01-02-2007, 02:32 PM
El Calafate

Barca and Real both want him this summer so if Utd are clever they could get a lot for him. £5m it is then. in installments! nft.

Unread 01-02-2007, 02:38 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I can picture watching him playing in Spain in three years when he's at his peak and cursing him through gritted teeth, and I don't want to.
I fear the same thing

Can't see why he'd want to go to Madrid, when you look at what a mess they are. But can see him going to Barca after Euro 2008. Can you imagine our Ronnie and Messi linking up

Unread 01-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Luffy

Everyone thought Gerrard would leve for sure, Vieira would join Real for sure, Henry would be off to Barca etc.

As Ronaldo himself says, playing in Spain is a dream of his sure. But so is playing for Utd and you never know what tomorrow brings. Its like a choice between 2 women you love who are both super hot. You might fancy trying the other one out, but you might decide to stay loyal - who knows how you will feel in a year or two years? The guy has it made though and is currently top of the footballing world.

Hopefully he realises what a good thing he's got going on at Utd, everyone loves him, he's got the most precious shirt in club football and a key component of one of the most interesting teams in Europe. and maybe we can win stuff in dramatic fashion which leaves him breathless and eternally loyal i.e Gerrard.

and maybe Larrson and CQ can tell him how shit Spain is compared to Utd.

Unread 01-02-2007, 02:58 PM
MUFC One Love

They will accept anything over 35 +. Definitely.

Unread 01-02-2007, 02:59 PM
The Watcher

Exclamation

Good points luffy. But don't compare Ronnie to that @#%&! gerrard. It's hardly "loyalty" that kept him at the dippers!

Unread 01-02-2007, 03:03 PM
NinoyAquino

Enjoy it whilst it lasts. He won't be in a United shirt next season.

Unread 01-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Good points luffy. But don't compare Ronnie to that @#%&! gerrard. It's hardly "loyalty" that kept him at the dippers!
yeah but just goes to show that even when he is practically out the door, he might end up staying

but i think everyone forgets that Ronaldo is seriously happy here, dont construe "I might go to Spain one day" to mean "I can't wait for the spanish clubs to come calling".

He usually always adds - "but I love it at Utd and I dont want to leave, but you never know".

Its like when you see a fit bird and you think "I'd do her" despite being married etc.

This summer is gonna decide it all though, he either leaves or signs the new deal hopefully we can prove our ambition by winning some stuff this year and signing Torres or someone.

Unread 01-02-2007, 03:11 PM
MUFC One Love

If he does go, which he will be, United are in the best position and should get 40 million for him. We could then at least soften the blow by buying 2-3 very good players.

Instead we'll get 22 million, 5 million now the rest over 30 years and buy Milner for 8 to replace him.

Unread 01-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I wonder if Portugal is to Spain what Canada is to the USA, Ireland to the UK and NZ to Australia. I'm hoping so and that Fergie and Carlos can convince him to stay.
Keane signed for United

Unread 01-02-2007, 03:16 PM
S/Side.Red

He's clearly got one eye on Spain right now, otherwise he would have distanced himself from these rumours. His agents also appear to be doing everything they can to avoid giving off the impression that he is keen to stay.

I just hope it's a case of him taking his time to decide, rather than having already made up his mind.

United winning the league or Champions League could have a major influence on his decision, but if he wants to go and digs his heels in - it's hard to see us keeping him beyond this summer.

I'd say it's 50/50 at the moment.

Unread 01-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
If he does go, which he will be, United are in the best position and should get 40 million for him. We could then at least soften the blow by buying 2-3 very good players.

Instead we'll get 22 million, 5 million now the rest over 30 years and buy Milner for 8 to replace him.
come on now, the doom and gloom is not necessary right now. we're all worried he will leave - but....

well put it this way. when we hear that weird spaceships are in orbit around earth, do you wanna be the guy running around screaming "we're all gonna die!! we're all gonna die!!"

keep it together man!

Unread 01-02-2007, 03:17 PM
MUFC One Love

Luffy, 100% agree. I just can't help but feel it's gonna happen

Unread 01-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Filliam H. Muffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
come on now, the doom and gloom is not necessary right now. we're all worried he will leave - but....

well put it this way. when we hear that weird spaceships are in orbit around earth, do you wanna be the guy running around screaming "we're all gonna die!! we're all gonna die!!"

keep it together man
!

:-D:-D

Unread 01-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He's clearly got one eye on Spain right now, otherwise he would have distanced himself from these rumours. His agents also appear to be doing everything they can to avoid giving off the impression that he is keen to stay.

I just hope it's a case of him taking his time to decide, rather than having already made up his mind.

United winning the league or Champions League could have a major influence on his decision, but if he wants to go and digs his heels in - it's hard to see us keeping him beyond this summer.

I'd say it's 50/50 at the moment.
i think this is true. just put yourself in his shoes or in a similar position.

two fit women, who do you choose? the top clubs in the world chasing your signature.

yo take your time and it can go either way. maybe something they do for you will win you over, we still have time to win his love so to speak.

I know for sure that plenty of these foreign players talk about dreams to play for this or that club, often us, and most of the time nothing happens.

I know for sure that he respects and loves Utd so I cant see him faffing about just yet.

Btw when Fergie retires, do you think Rooney et al will be sticking around? I'm not so sure.We could see a eal crumbling of the empire then.
Closed Thread