United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 24-12-2023, 05:19 PM
NedKelly

Big Jim reds we are here! Haha Qatar Qrew in the £#%&!ing mud.

Christmas is saved!

Unread 24-12-2023, 05:21 PM
larry

Sir Jim will provide a $300 million fund intended to enable future investment into the Club’s infrastructure at Old Trafford, comprising $200 million paid upon the closing of the transaction and a further $100 million by the end of 2024. Trawlers Limited will be issued additional Class A and Class B shares at $33.00 in respect of such investment.

Unread 24-12-2023, 06:57 PM
red in cumbria

It has now at least started to crumble - official

Unread 24-12-2023, 07:50 PM
westcoastvan

The Glazer's would have been forced to sell to Qatar had Sir Jim not conceded to minority investment.

All six Glazer siblings are worth less than the owners of Fulham combined.

The hedge funds were pushing for the Glazers to sell because they know they can't remain competitive on their own....but for better or worse, they got their lifeline.

I'll reserve judgement until I see the details but...

I think it's going to be difficult to get Joel & Avram out of the club now...I hope there is a guarantee of a full sale in the contract.

Unread 24-12-2023, 07:55 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Thread starter Sage of the Year?

Unread 24-12-2023, 08:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
The Glazer's would have been forced to sell to Qatar had Sir Jim not conceded to minority investment.
If that is true, why did Sheik Jassim walk away?

Not convinced tbh.

Unread 24-12-2023, 08:28 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Thread starter Sage of the Year?

only it is the opposite of crumbling

Unread 24-12-2023, 08:30 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
If that is true, why did Sheik Jassim walk away?

Not convinced tbh.
He walked away because he knew they were going to sign with Sir Jim.

The Glazer's could have limped on for two more years, but the writing was on the wall.
The hedge funds like Lindsell Train couldn't just sit there and watch the stock price whither away.

I'm not opposed to SIr Jim buying part of the club....

but a full sale with the debt cleared would have been the better option.

Unread 24-12-2023, 09:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 24-12-2023, 09:46 PM
Ethers

That is a lovely touch.

Unread 24-12-2023, 09:52 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Do Ratcliffe and the Glazer's think United fans are so desperate and stupid that they'll fall for this crap?

Unread 24-12-2023, 09:55 PM
Chris Quayd

King Eric sent Sir Jim a birthday message last year per Athletic, abundantly clear that he gets us

Unread 24-12-2023, 11:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
King Eric sent Sir Jim a birthday message last year per Athletic, abundantly clear that he gets us
Oooh, someone’s paid their £1 subscription

Unread 24-12-2023, 11:51 PM
AK14

Simpsons have done it again!

Unread 25-12-2023, 12:08 AM
MagnificentSeven

not the perfect outcome, but the gimps going from owning 100% of our club to 75% is still progress.

Unread 25-12-2023, 02:39 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
not the perfect outcome, but the gimps going from owning 100% of our club to 75% is still progress.
Yeah we only had one offer of a full sale and those leeches made him walk away due to their utterly ridiculous asking price.

Also worrying that the likes of Dawson saying there is no route to majority ownership for INEOS,so not quite the present we wanted

Unread 25-12-2023, 04:54 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan

All six Glazer siblings are worth less than the owners of Fulham combined.

The hedge funds were pushing for the Glazers to sell because they know they can't remain competitive on their own....but for better or worse, they got their lifeline.

I'll reserve judgement until I see the details but...

I think it's going to be difficult to get Joel & Avram out of the club now...I hope there is a guarantee of a full sale in the contract.
Not if they didn't offer enough then we could have had the nightmare scenario of both walking away and still no hopes of a proper structure

Unread 25-12-2023, 05:14 AM
shenwen

It's not ideal, far from it, but having people who appear to know what they're doing in charge of football operations is most definitely a positive. Don't look the sort to drop 86 million on a squad player.

Happy Christmas all.

Unread 25-12-2023, 07:32 AM
croady26

My advice to the Qatari supporters is don't blame Ratcliffe,not his fault that Jassim wouldn't meet the £6bn asking price. Says to me he didn't have the money to pay whatever it takes.

Unread 25-12-2023, 08:09 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
Not if they didn't offer enough then we could have had the nightmare scenario of both walking away and still no hopes of a proper structure
If they had it would have forced a full sale. Interest rates were dry #@&%! the gimps.

Ratcliffe should have got in bed with Qatar not those despicable @#%&!s

Ah well

So is Ineos gonna take the debt at more favourable rates?