United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-09-2020, 03:14 AM
utd99

Boy, they really persevered with the youth revolution eh?

Unread 12-09-2020, 08:26 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Next on the list. Think they need homegrown players.

Not really. When do we play them?
End of October at home.

Tough start for us, 8th by Christmas.

Unread 12-09-2020, 08:47 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
End of October at home.

Tough start for us, 8th by Christmas.
Why who have city got?

Unread 12-09-2020, 08:54 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Why who have city got?

Tough start is good, get them out of the way early, build up some form for Christmas

Unread 12-09-2020, 09:03 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
"Surely a top 3 transfer window of any club of all time."

One of the stupidest things I've ever read.
And even if It was 'on paper', we're not going to know until after the fact.

Arseholes.

Big pressure on chelsea this season. F£#%&! was allowed to go right under the radar last season. Completely different this season and they'll be expected to compete for the league with that outlay. and they'll have no issue sacking him if they're nowhere near it.

Every single one of the chasing pack, including City, have more questions than answers to their name.

Unread 12-09-2020, 09:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
And even if It was 'on paper', we're not going to know until after the fact.

Arseholes.

Big pressure on chelsea this season. F£#%&! was allowed to go right under the radar last season. Completely different this season and they'll be expected to compete for the league with that outlay. and they'll have no issue sacking him if they're nowhere near it.

Every single one of the chasing pack, including City, have more questions than answers to their name.
Every football fan 'contributing' to twitter. I only picked that tweet with the list as it was the least hyperbolic

Unread 12-09-2020, 09:10 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Every football fan 'contributing' to twitter. I only picked that tweet with the list as it was the least hyperbolic
Just gone back and seen the list.

Are they including players they haven't even signed?

Well, I think ours of

VDB
Sancho
Grealish
Jimenez
Regulion
Thiago

Is just as good.

Unread 12-09-2020, 09:21 AM
dunk

Quote:
Just gone back and seen the list.

Are they including players they haven't even signed?

Well, I think ours of

VDB
Sancho
Grealish
Jimenez
Regulion
Thiago

Is just as good.

They seem convinced they're getting Rice. Wouldn't surprise me tbf, think he started out there.

Unread 12-09-2020, 11:14 AM
utd99

The more new players you try to fit into a side at once the harder it becomes. I doubt Lampard has that type of grace period. I was reading Ancelotti’s bio the other day and the way Abramovich works sounds horrendous. CA got dragged in one Monday morning and was thoroughly dressed down by the owner after they won 6-0.

Good luck Lamps..

Unread 12-09-2020, 11:35 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The more new players you try to fit into a side at once the harder it becomes. I doubt Lampard has that type of grace period. I was reading Ancelotti’s bio the other day and the way Abramovich works sounds horrendous. CA got dragged in one Monday morning and was thoroughly dressed down by the owner after they won 6-0.

Good luck Lamps..
Absolutely this.

That's a lot to bed in, especially when you've built a decent side and spirit based on youth and being underdogs.

It's a complete shift now and they'll expect an immediate return.

This is a much tougher task than he had last year IMO.

Unread 12-09-2020, 12:04 PM
utd99

Quote:
Absolutely this.

That's a lot to bed in, especially when you've built a decent side and spirit based on youth and being underdogs.

It's a complete shift now and they'll expect an immediate return.

This is a much tougher task than he had last year IMO.
I don’t think Abramovich does bedding in periods. If David Moyes, Steve Bruce and Roy Hodgson didn’t exist, Lamps might be worth a punt as first out the door.

Unread 12-09-2020, 12:06 PM
dunk

They'll muller most of the fodder in this league tbh. Lampard will have to £#%&! up spectacularly to get binned.

Unread 12-09-2020, 12:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
They'll muller most of the fodder in this league tbh. Lampard will have to £#%&! up spectacularly to get binned.
Saw some of these idiots on some youtube football podcast trying to say the quality in the lower half of the premier league it's as high as it's ever been.

Absolute £#%&!ing shite. Yeah i'm sure the average technical ability and fitness of your average footballer is greater than 20 years ago - but they've got £#%&! all fight in them and they are by and large devoid of any personality or drive, which is why you see teams racking up 100 points every season now

Unread 12-09-2020, 12:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Saw some of these idiots on some youtube football podcast trying to say the quality in the lower half of the premier league it's as high as it's ever been.

Absolute £#%&!ing shite. Yeah i'm sure the average technical ability and fitness of your average footballer is greater than 20 years ago - but they've got £#%&! all fight in them and they are by and large devoid of any personality or drive, which is why you see teams racking up 100 points every season now
There's decent players in the lower sides, but there's no ambition or expectation to win against bigger sides.

The money that's in the league, they're happy to just be there. To do that, all their effort goes into the 'winnable' games and there's no expectation of getting anything in bigger games. They just accept their role.

There's huge question marks over all the chasing pack.

Everyone looks better equipped 'on paper', but City and liverpool have proven they can hit 95-100 points in each of the last 2 seasons. The rest are £#%&!ing about struggling to get 70.

There's a gulf.

With a good start, bit of momentum and luck, it's a gulf that can be made up, but there's no evidence yet that any of them are capable of hitting 90 points required to make it competitive.

As I said earlier, far more questions than answers with us, chelsea, spurs, arsenal and to a lesser extent City.

Unread 12-09-2020, 01:02 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Everyone looks better equipped 'on paper', but City and liverpool have proven they can hit 95-100 points in each of the last 2 seasons. The rest are f***ing about struggling to get 70.
If any team gets 90+ points with this season’s fixture schedule, they should automatically be thrown out of the league for cheating.

Unread 12-09-2020, 03:13 PM
dunk

It begins..

Unread 12-09-2020, 05:54 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Dortmund’s sancho replacement sorted.
Closed Thread