United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-06-2020, 07:00 PM
barca99

Just won Liverpool the league, £#%&! him.

Unread 26-06-2020, 07:58 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

He's one of those ageing Brazilian mercenaries who would happily play in the arse end of Russia or China if he was getting paid enough. Also has a preening diva of a wife who dictated his move to London so she could have a better social-life.

Steer well clear. This type of @#%&! is the antithesis of the culture that Ole is building at the club.

Players like Bruno, Rashford, The Scottish Player, James and Maguire have shown that you don't have to be of a particular age to have a positively contagious effect on the mentality of the squad. More of those type of young, hungry, talented players, rather than over-the-hill mercenary squad fillers.

Unread 26-06-2020, 08:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
He's one of those ageing Brazilian mercenaries who would happily play in the arse end of Russia or China if he was getting paid enough. Also has a preening diva of a wife who dictated his move to London so she could have a better social-life.

Steer well clear. This type of @#%&! is the antithesis of the culture that Ole is building at the club.

Players like Bruno, Rashford, The Scottish Player, James and Maguire have shown that you don't have to be of a particular age to have a positively contagious effect on the mentality of the squad. More of those type of young, hungry, talented players, rather than over-the-hill mercenary squad fillers.
I wouldn't worry. I think Ole has set his stall out for the type of player he wants.

i think the days of us signing 30 year olds are gone.

Unread 26-06-2020, 09:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Steer well clear. This type of c*** is the antithesis of the culture that Ole is building at the club.

Unread 14-08-2020, 12:09 PM
windy waffles

Joined Arsenal

"Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in the world and i'm very excited to be joining this new project under Mikel Arteta'.

Why can't they just be honest: "I joined because they were the only club to offer me a three year deal at my age...."

Unread 14-08-2020, 12:10 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Joined Arsenal

"Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in the world and i'm very excited to be joining this new project under Mikel Arteta'.

Why can't they just be honest: "I joined because they were the only club to offer me a three year deal at my age...."
Wouldn't sound great tbh.

Unread 14-08-2020, 12:15 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Wouldn't sound great tbh.

Fair one.

Still, can see right through it.

Unread 14-08-2020, 12:36 PM
Fat Al

Didn't Arsenal just announce 55 jobs being cut, due to the 'damaging financial impact caused by the coronavirus pandemic'?

I'm sure they'll all be glad to hear of Willian's £220,000 a week 3 yr deal.

Unread 14-08-2020, 12:36 PM
Stickman

The term project needs perma banning from football. Supporters don’t invest in a project ffs

Unread 14-08-2020, 12:50 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Didn't Arsenal just announce 55 jobs being cut, due to the 'damaging financial impact caused by the coronavirus pandemic'?

I'm sure they'll all be glad to hear of Willian's £220,000 a week 3 yr deal.
They did, but what are they supposed to do, never bring in another player? All clubs split their cost basis down between playing and non-playing expenses.

Unread 14-08-2020, 01:02 PM
atticusgrinch

Would have been a decent stop gap if we're not getting Sancho to be honest.

Bit of experience and another option from the right.

Unread 14-08-2020, 01:09 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Been offered to us on a free at the end of the season.
Quote:
Joined Arsenal
Classic Waffles...

Unread 14-08-2020, 01:34 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Would have been a decent stop gap if we're not getting Sancho to be honest.

Bit of experience and another option from the right.
Good technique, bit flimsy. Not the type you’d expect to shine in a hard fought game. Does he take their penalties, because I know he scores the odd few from free kicks; neither of which he’d get here ahead of Bruno.

Unread 14-08-2020, 01:39 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Imagine tuning down the chance to play for Barcelona with Messi at the tail-end of your career in favour of a no-mark club like Arsenal, just because your gold-digging missus wants to stay part of the London high society social scene.

Hate these £#%&!ing South Americans that move from London club to London club for an easy payday.

Unread 14-08-2020, 01:45 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Imagine tuning down the chance to play for Barcelona with Messi at the tail-end of your career in favour of a no-mark club like Arsenal, just because your gold-digging missus wants to stay part of the London high society social scene.

Hate these £#%&!ing South Americans that move from London club to London club for an easy payday.
Looks like it's against his will tbf.

Unread 14-08-2020, 01:48 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Classic Waffles...
Closed Thread