United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-02-2008, 09:30 AM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs down Taking Hargo off on Satdee.

Dreadful decision. Only player really doing anything in that first half. Scholes was as I suspected not ready for a third game in a week and seemed tired and leggy, Giggs was awful and the front 3 never had a sniff but Hargreaves who worked his arse off to get us going goes off.

Unread 04-02-2008, 09:37 AM
roon78

someone had to go off - think scholes was the one tbh

Unread 04-02-2008, 09:41 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon78
someone had to go off - think scholes was the one tbh
Yes they did, my point is, out of the midfield, why take off the only one who was performing. Shoulda taken off Giggs and Scholes ahead of him.

Unread 04-02-2008, 09:42 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Maybe he needed the rest

Unread 04-02-2008, 09:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Maybe he needed the rest
Scholes certainly did.

Unread 04-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Serenity Now

I thought we imposed ourselves a lot more effectively when he went off. Primarily because of the increase in the quality of our build-up play. You could see Scholes and Carrick starting to play those short passes almost from the minute the second half kicked off - something that was sorely lacking in the first.

That's not say the quality of the build-up was great in the second half, far from it, but I thought there was a definite improvement in this aspect of our performance.

Not sure that's why Hargreaves was taken off though. I wouldn't be surprised if it was because Fergie was pissed off with the part he played in the Spurs goal - in particular his decision to shoot from outside a packed box with his weaker foot when he was the deepest midfielder and the fullbacks were pushed forward.

Unread 04-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Try telling that to some of the tools on here. There's been a veritable £#%&!fest over hargreaves having a supposed nightmare against Spurs.

Unread 04-02-2008, 10:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Try telling that to some of the tools on here. There's been a veritable £#%&!fest over hargreaves having a supposed nightmare against Spurs.
Easily our best player in the first half, though that's not sayin much. Doesn't matter for many though, die is cast before the ball's been kicked.

Unread 04-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Easily our best player in the first half, though that's not sayin much. Doesn't matter for many though, die is cast before the ball's been kicked.
People are blaming him for the goal, coming on here after the game with threads like why was the great Hargreaves taken off
complete with smily faces. It's pathetic, and I know pathetic.

Unread 04-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Redhod99

He was our best midfielder 1st half but the problem is that the midfield doesnt seem to work with him in it. He needs to get 2 players in there playing together every game unless they get injured or lose form. The poor away form is the result of us playing 2 different players in there every game. I cant recall the last time the same 2 played 2 games running. Carrick and Anderson for me

Unread 04-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Dreadful decision. Only player really doing anything in that first half. Scholes was as I suspected not ready for a third game in a week and seemed tired and leggy, Giggs was awful and the front 3 never had a sniff but Hargreaves who worked his arse off to get us going goes off.
i know what you mean but if you are one down away from home Hargreaves is probably the one to make way. I thought he did okay but if we were going to get back into it then we had to change it. We looked so much more lively with carrick and anderson in midfield. We looked sluggish and a yard off the pace before that. A point gained imo for sure.

Unread 04-02-2008, 11:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
People are blaming him for the goal, coming on here after the game with threads like why was the great Hargreaves taken off
complete with smily faces. It's pathetic, and I know pathetic.
His fault. Yeah right. Only player who could be arsed to track back. Rest
of 'em were asleep. I hear elswhere that it was his fault 'cos he had the temerity to have a shot. Good job none of the other players tried something so stupid.

Unread 04-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Gog Coch

Pah. I told you so!
Also Carrick aint good enough for England at the moment. Hargreaves is . Fact
Te dum te dum te dum

Unread 04-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhod99
He was our best midfielder 1st half but the problem is that the midfield doesnt seem to work with him in it. He needs to get 2 players in there playing together every game unless they get injured or lose form. The poor away form is the result of us playing 2 different players in there every game. I cant recall the last time the same 2 played 2 games running. Carrick and Anderson for me
arsenal and liverpool worked okay? he was great in both. top player imo.

Unread 04-02-2008, 11:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhod99
Carrick and Anderson for me
I'd have selected that as i said oin Friday. My point is, given he started and was our best midfielder and the others were very poor, taking him off was a bad decision. Personally i'd have taken Giggs and Scholes off for Carrick and Anderson and done it at half time.

Unread 04-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
Pah. I told you so!
Also Carrick aint good enough for England at the moment. Hargreaves is . Fact
Te dum te dum te dum

Unread 04-02-2008, 11:22 AM
marlo stansfield

i didnt know jenas was so fast tbh.

Unread 04-02-2008, 11:25 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Yup.

Unread 04-02-2008, 11:26 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
top player??

understatement of the year.

personally i think he is our best midfielder.

Unread 04-02-2008, 11:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
top player??

understatement of the year.

personally i think he is our best midfielder.
Eh, Hargo? You are not being very consistent are you.
Closed Thread