Closed Thread

Unread 19-07-2007, 08:13 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default The Daily Tevez Thread

It's all turning a bit nasty innit!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/6905709.stm

Joorabchian hits out at West Ham

Tevez has been at West Ham since August 2006
Carlos Tevez's adviser Kia Joorabchian has criticised West Ham's conduct over the Argentine's proposed transfer to Manchester United.
With the move of the 23-year-old forward deadlocked, Joorabchian made his critical comments in a statement.

It read: "Over the last six months West Ham have made repeated promises and assurances, which they have not acted upon or performed."

If United do sign Tevez, he might not join before the transfer window closes.

Joorabchian's statement continued: "It's time for these inconsistencies to be brought to an end.

"We see no alternative but to bring the true circumstances to the attention of a higher authority to aid a rapid conclusion to this issue."

We are not sure whether we will have him signed in time for the new season

United chief executive David Gill

United chief executive David Gill has expressed his confidence that Tevez will eventually become a United player.

But he said: "Hopefully the case will be heard on an expedited basis but we are not sure whether we will have him signed in time for the new season.

"It may take up to two weeks for the body to be formed, all the paperwork has to be put together and then the case has to be heard.

"Even given that timetable we hope by the time the new season kicks off, Carlos will be training at Carrington."

With Fifa set to look at the transfer after they were asked by both United and West Ham to intervene, it is understood the authorities Joorabchian refers to are both the FA and the world governing body.

Tevez was in Manchester on Tuesday but West Ham refused permission for him to have a medical at Old Trafford.

A special 'Dispute Resolution Chamber' will be set up by Fifa, possibly within a fortnight, to effectively determine who currently owns Tevez - West Ham or Joorabchian.

The Hammers insist they are still waiting to receive an offer for Tevez.

And the Premier League says a deal must be done between United and West Ham but not Joorabchian, of Media Sports Investments (MSI), who owns Tevez's economic rights.

West Ham released a statement on Tuesday, which said: "No agreement has been reached in relation to Carlos Tevez."

Under Premier League rules, one club is not allowed to give a player a medical unless his current club agree.

Tevez flew into Manchester on Tuesday after finishing on the losing side with Argentina in Sunday's Copa America final against Brazil, while Manchester United are on a pre-season tour in Japan.

United's legal expert Maurice Watkins has remained in England as efforts to resolve the dispute intensify.

The Premier League has insisted West Ham, which holds Tevez's registration, must receive the majority of the reported £30m fee rather than Joorabchian.

Last week, a Premier League spokesman stated: "Any deal for Carlos Tevez has to be done directly with West Ham United.

"They hold the registration and we will not transfer the registration unless a deal is done directly with the club."

West Ham were only allowed to keep playing Tevez last season after assuring the Premier League all third-party clauses in the player's contract had been severed.

But Joorabchian was confident last week that he had a sound legal footing to push through the transfer.

"We don't see any problems. I spoke to United and they are confident they will have him registered within days," he claimed.

"Personal terms between Carlos and United have been agreed in full. He feels confident now he is a Manchester United player."

Unread 19-07-2007, 08:22 AM
borsuk

thought we might get a poll today.

never mind, i've done one for you

http://utdforum.com/showthread.php?t=37978

Unread 19-07-2007, 08:25 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
thought we might get a poll today.

never mind, i've done one for you

http://utdforum.com/showthread.php?t=37978
I'm not up for setting up polls really.

Anyway, is it just me or does the 'Dispute Resolution Chamber' sound a bit sinister?

Unread 19-07-2007, 08:27 AM
believe

United have had enough of playing Mr Nice Guy basically. They have tried to do everything by the book and got £#%&!ing nowhere because of the idiocy that is the PL. Wait till Big Mozza gets his guns out!! Tevez will be a United player by the end of the week.

Unread 19-07-2007, 08:27 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky

Anyway, is it just me or does the 'Dispute Resolution Chamber' sound a bit sinister?
You can see it on the stadium tour. It's where he got Nani and Anderson to sign

Unread 19-07-2007, 08:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
United have had enough of playing Mr Nice Guy basically. They have tried to do everything by the book and got £#%&!ing nowhere because of the idiocy that is the PL. Wait till Big Mozza gets his guns out!! Tevez will be a United player by the end of the week.
It isn't really anything to do with United now. It's being viewd as a contract dispute between MSI/Tevez and West Ham and they are the only parties involved as far as FIFA are concerned. I think we'll have to wait a little while but like the Mounties, we'll get our man.

Unread 19-07-2007, 08:37 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:

It's like 'the hole' in prison.

They'll dump Gill, Magnusson, Joorabchian and a PL representative in there and let them out once they've come to a decision.

Unread 19-07-2007, 08:38 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
It's like 'the hole' in prison.

They'll dump Gill, Magnusson, Joorabchian and a PL representative in there and let them out once they've come to a decision.
and Joel Glazer with his baseball and glove?

Unread 19-07-2007, 08:42 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
and Joel Glazer with his baseball and glove?
An image of Joel doing his own stunts has just presented itself to me.

Unread 19-07-2007, 08:43 AM
thatsfuctit

"We see no alternative but to bring the true circumstances to the attention of a higher authority to aid a rapid conclusion to this issue."

Unread 19-07-2007, 08:44 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Apparently the Pope has been consulted and David Beckham.

Unread 19-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Apparently the Pope has been consulted and David Beckham.
and Madeline Mccann mum and dad

Unread 19-07-2007, 08:49 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
and Madeline Mccann mum and dad
I think they're busy.

Unread 19-07-2007, 08:52 AM
redhegemony

It's a face saver for the (un) 'appy 'ammers oh and the tossers that are the PL. Bet the old boys at the FA are laughing into their Blazer pockets (whatever that means?)

Unread 19-07-2007, 08:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I think they're busy.
Persuing media careers?

Unread 19-07-2007, 09:01 AM
MethodMan

Quote:
Persuing media careers?
pursuing

Unread 19-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Barca '91

Quote:
Wait till Big Mozza gets his guns out!! Tevez will be a United player by the end of the week.

'The Mo-mernator'

Unread 19-07-2007, 09:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodMan
pursuing
Sorry.

Unread 19-07-2007, 09:50 AM
red red robbo

That is the first time I have ever heard of a reply from MSI to west hams contract termination.

Does anyone know if such a letter exists?

Unread 19-07-2007, 09:51 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
A Hammers fans point of view regarding this whole Tevez business. Deluded ? He seems to think we are...

And again...
The second quote is slightly more sensible than the first.
Closed Thread