United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2007, 11:22 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Watching that has made me realise I still have feelings for Eric.

I need to tell him before it's too late.
As I've posted before, the words do not exist to describe just how much I love Eric Cantona!

Unread 20-03-2009, 01:10 PM
The Watcher

Unread 20-03-2009, 01:19 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Awesome bumpage skills

Unread 20-03-2009, 01:26 PM
prunier84

The thing about that game that nobody ever mentions which was so extraordinary was what eric did for that 4th goal. We cleared a corner and he got it in our half on the touchline and we were all screaming for him to hoof it up field.

Instead, he bends a pass along the touchline to Andrew (the only red above the play and sandwiched between two defenders). Goal ensues.

I dont think ive ever seen another player who would have even tried that pass.

Unread 20-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Baron

Quote:
For some reason, I can't remember a thing about the away leg. I'm certain I watched it, but cannot recall a single moment from that game
Beckham hitting the bar with a £#%&!ing immense free-kick from about 40 yards.

Apart from that it was a stroll in the park.

4-0 : old vid removed:

Unread 20-03-2009, 01:42 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Beckham hitting the bar with a £#%&!ing immense free-kick from about 40 yards.

Apart from that it was a stroll in the park.
not £#%&!ing quite so for the fans . 12,000 fans descending on porto was never going to be easy for the local dibble though to be fair

Unread 20-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Gizza

Quote:

For some reason, I can't remember a thing about the away leg. I'm certain I watched it, but cannot recall a single moment from that game
Main thing i remember about the away leg was listening to the opening about 20 mins on Radio 5 and the commentators (step forward 1 alan green) being clearly desperate for Porto to score and get back into it...

Unread 20-03-2009, 02:17 PM
TravellingRed

My first euro away the other leg of that. I was 15 and i'd never seen anything like it was like a £#%&!ing battle zone. My dad wrote me a sick note for school to go to that one then spent all day panicking that I'd get caught on camera at the game.

Unread 20-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Yea, they had a great side. I'd forgotten about Costa! At the time, I was young enough not to indulge in the Doom. Was boasting all week at school we'd have them - never imagined I'd see us win 4 - 0 though

Leaving the ground last season after the Roma 7-1, I thought back to this game. Something very special about hammering a top continental side in the European Cup

The local law enforecement officials were a complete shower and the ground was prehistoric.

Phil Neville had an easy chance near the end but bottled it and passed to Eric instead.

Kevin Keegan was staying in the same hotel as us and as he walked into the restaurant after the game he saw some red shirts and said ' Yeah .. yeah .. cheer up, nice hair ' without any prompting at all .

Unread 20-03-2009, 03:12 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
Kevin Keegan was staying in the same hotel as us and as he walked into the restaurant after the game he saw some red shirts and said ' Yeah .. yeah .. cheer up, nice hair ' without any prompting at all .

I remember all the trouble; it was all over the news and papers. But I can't recall any of the match.

Very strange.

Unread 20-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Tronics

we'll do 'em

then hopefully meet liverpool in the next round and do 'em too.

Unread 20-03-2009, 03:15 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
we'll do 'em

simpleton.

Sloppy

Quote:
we'll do 'em

erm....

Baron

Quote:
we'll do 'em

unpossible

Semi draw already made, we meet winner of Arsenal - Villarreal. They did the draw for both today.

Unread 20-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Tronics

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

argh final it is then.

Unread 20-03-2009, 03:29 PM
wiganste

Quote:
we'll do 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
simpleton.
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
erm....
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
unpossible

Semi draw already made, we meet winner of Arsenal - Villarreal. They did the draw for both today.
Yep

Quote:
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

argh final it is then.
£#%&! off. Why the £#%&! would you want to meet those @#%&!s in the final? Clueless @#%&!.

Unread 20-03-2009, 03:38 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
£#%&! off. Why the £#%&! would you want to meet those @#%&!s in the final? Clueless @#%&!.
think you answered your own question there pal.

Unread 20-03-2009, 03:45 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
think you answered your own question there pal.
I know. It amazes me that we have fans that have absolutely no £#%&!ing idea what the £#%&! is going on. I mean, how the £#%&! couldn't you know that we'd meet Arsenal or Villarreal in the semis should we progress? And then hope the scouse @#%&!s get through to the final

Unread 20-03-2009, 03:47 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
And then hope the scouse @#%&!s get through to the final
I don't know how anyone could ever want anything but for them to be removed from the competition at the earliest possible opportunity.

Unread 20-03-2009, 04:27 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
I don't know how anyone could ever want anything but for them to be removed from the competition at the earliest possible opportunity.
It amazes me. Sure, it'd be great beating them in a european final. But there's always a chance they could dick us and it would be the worse felling ever.

Get them out now. Forza Chelsea
Closed Thread