United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-09-2020, 08:21 PM
windy waffles

As I said a couple of months ago, never been less arsed about a 'big' signing.

£100m FFS...

Unread 09-09-2020, 09:17 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
I'm about as close to being a united scout as you are to being funny

If you bothered to read the post, instead of getting all excited that you thought of something funny to say (you didnt), you would notice its says never watched and thought he could be top class.
Ah Ok, it was your poor grammar.

Unread 09-09-2020, 09:19 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I wouldn't judge any footballers by how they play in international football ffs, especially not some ham-f***** pre-season **** with half the team either not playing or not match fit.

Andy Cole would never have kicked a ball for united if we'd judged him on his england form ffs.
Yep. Giggs didn't give a damn about playing for Wales.

Unread 09-09-2020, 10:02 PM
Switching Off

JadON

Unread 09-09-2020, 10:03 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
As I said a couple of months ago, never been less arsed about a 'big' signing.

£100m FFS...
Right, that’s it. Abandon the deal ASAP.

Unread 09-09-2020, 10:17 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Right, that’s it. Abandon the deal ASAP.

Unread 09-09-2020, 10:40 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’ve never understood this attitude tbh. You listen to people like Keane, Neville and Rio, and they make the point over and over that the key to the success we had for the length of time we had it was consistency of standards, even in training, yet all I hear is ‘it was a dead rubber’ or ‘who cares about the league cup?

It’s as though we learned nothing. Now it’s even internationals ffs . Why are we so eager to make excuses for poor performance?
You do understand that brilliant players can look bad for their international teams through no fault of their own and bang average players can look great for their national teams?

Unread 09-09-2020, 10:46 PM
Sparky***

So is this actually going to happen or what? I must admit i haven't been less arsed about a season starting ever.

Unread 09-09-2020, 10:53 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
So is this actually going to happen or what? I must admit i haven't been less arsed about a season starting ever.
Probably because the last one has only just ended and it's still a bit weird, wrong and shite.

Unread 10-09-2020, 02:06 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Mate, he may not give a shit about the trophy itself but you think Rio went into any competitive match giving 50%? You know what he meant.
Wasn’t the most professional or committed to the cause when he missed a drugs test and being banned for 8 months. And we all know why he missed it.

Unread 10-09-2020, 02:16 AM
fangorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
You do understand that brilliant players can look bad for their international teams through no fault of their own and bang average players can look great for their national teams?
You do understand the media need someone to quack about, lamenting the missing Shaw and Chilwell as game changers.

You do understand that?

Unread 10-09-2020, 02:39 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangorn
You do understand the media need someone to quack about, lamenting the missing Shaw and Chilwell as game changers.

You do understand that?
Of course.

Unread 10-09-2020, 09:15 AM
MUFCOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
And we all know why he missed it.
Enlighten us, why did he miss it?

Unread 10-09-2020, 10:29 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Wow, bit disrespectful to Roy Keane and Gary Neville that pal

Unread 10-09-2020, 10:54 AM
utd99

Quote:
Wasn’t the most professional or committed to the cause when he missed a drugs test and being banned for 8 months. And we all know why he missed it.
Do we?

Unread 10-09-2020, 10:57 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Do we?
yes. He went shopping

Unread 10-09-2020, 11:08 AM
utd99

Quote:
There’s a difference between looking bad and accomplishing less, but that wasn’t the point anyway. The point was lowering expectations - particularly in terms of effort - for certain matches deemed less worthy. Do you think Ronaldo gives less effort against smaller nations? No; that’s why he is who he is and has over 100 international goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Wow, bit disrespectful to Roy Keane and Gary Neville that pal
£#%&!’s sake..

Unread 10-09-2020, 11:54 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Do you think Ronaldo gives less effort against smaller nations?
The question should be: do you think Ronaldo gives less effort in non-important matches?

Unread 10-09-2020, 12:12 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCOK
Enlighten us, why did he miss it?
Didn’t realise it was news. Ever read red issue or the sanc?

Unread 10-09-2020, 01:42 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Didn’t realise it was news. Ever read red issue or the sanc?
Yeah, backbeat never got anything wrong tbf
Closed Thread