United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-03-2008, 02:36 PM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Anyone see him on goals on sunday this morning?

The guy is just pure class, said he's still a United fan and wants us to win the league.
obviously. he played for both spurs and us. no chance in hell he would cheer on arsenal/chelsea @#%&!s to title.

Unread 02-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Spot on.

That season is a great example of how Arsenal have merely fed off our scraps in the last decade.

Cantona had just retired.
Keane did his cruciate in the first few weeks of the season.
We missed Giggs for a lot of the season + Schmeichel too.
I seem to remember the likes of Curtis & Thornley started the Arsenal match at Old Trafford - had we at least gotten a point that day I think we'd have won the Title.

We played some good stuff that season .....£#%&!ing threw it away in Europe as ever mind you..
That Arsenal match was bizaare, we had somehting like 6 players with experience of playing right back on the pitch and Fergie picked out Curtis as the one to deal with Overmars.

Did not really work out.

First half of that season we were brilliant, goals flying in, 5-0 up at Chelsea in the cup, but injuries did take a toll. Monaco and Trezeguet got us at the right time.

Clegg coming on and looking our most dangerous player summed up the physical state of the squad.

Unread 02-03-2008, 03:21 PM
£#%&! KFC

he is a legend...and we sold him too soon

Unread 02-03-2008, 03:26 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
That Arsenal match was bizaare, we had somehting like 6 players with experience of playing right back on the pitch and Fergie picked out Curtis as the one to deal with Overmars.

Did not really work out.

First half of that season we were brilliant, goals flying in, 5-0 up at Chelsea in the cup, but injuries did take a toll. Monaco and Trezeguet got us at the right time.

Clegg coming on and looking our most dangerous player summed up the physical state of the squad.

Agree with all that.
Good post.

Unread 02-03-2008, 06:05 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Anyone see him on goals on sunday this morning?

The guy is just pure class, said he's still a United fan and wants us to win the league.
That was class, just like the man himself. I'm a great admirer of Sheringham, to continue to play on till the age he's at is a testament to his professionalism and love for the game. I've a feeling he'll make a good manager too one day.

After a slow start at United, he really did become one of our top players. I'm still pissed off he didn't start in the games against Bayern in 2001.

Unread 02-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Mr Kaboom

Ned Kelly doing his Max Wall after the equaliser makes me chuckle.
Closed Thread