Closed Thread

Unread 01-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Default He signed for Man United...

...and he won the lot. Good article.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle3463430.ece

Unread 01-03-2008, 10:30 AM
edwin

Didn't like him at all when he signed, but I was a big admirer of him when he left. A top pro.

Unread 01-03-2008, 11:02 AM
keano's love

top player. part of the golden 3 years of united's history.

part of the treble winning, all conquering team and the part of the only team to win 3 premiership titles in a row.

Unread 01-03-2008, 11:12 AM
red @rmy

Just been crying like a girl to this. Never get tired of watching it.

Unread 01-03-2008, 11:23 AM
magic_cantona

I've never understood the animosity towards Sheringham.Our supporters, I mean.

I thought he was a superb player.And it always looked to me like he put the effort in.Not to mention that he loved playing for us.

Unread 01-03-2008, 11:41 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
my body hairs stand up erect when I watch that video.

In the press conference after, hearing to ferguson brings so much warmth inside you.

Hopefully it will happen again...

Unread 01-03-2008, 11:50 AM
thatsfuctit

very talented footballer, great style.

AND gave us the option to go more direct.

Juve 1st leg - 2nd half 1999, they didn't know what the £#%&! to do with him in the air.

Offered us options that made a real difference.

Unread 01-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP5mBN1VV2s
Two things about this video. I know Clive Tyldesley gets stick on here but his commentary from that night is absolutely perfect. Also one thing always makes me chuckle on the video is the shot of Tarnat on the floor after the final whistle. He's a picture of total despair then Pip Neville leaps into frame like an excited toddler. Always makes me laugh.

Unread 01-03-2008, 12:54 PM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero
Two things about this video. I know Clive Tyldesley gets stick on here but his commentary from that night is absolutely perfect. Also one thing always makes me chuckle on the video is the shot of Tarnat on the floor after the final whistle. He's a picture of total despair then Pip Neville leaps into frame like an excited toddler. Always makes me laugh.
I like Tyldesley a lot mainly for 2 reasons.
1. He genuinely gets excited while commentating. I like that. Better than
£#%&!ing placid voices of tyler, mcqueen, walsh et al
2. He pisses off scousers,rentboys,arse with "that night in barcelona"
whenever he is commentating on european nights.

For the same reasons I like Andy gray even though he might get a bit @#%&!ish at times.

Unread 01-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Crumps

Never liked him tbh. Mainly down to the fact he was pretty £#%&!ing awful his first year or two and he looked lazy and disisnterested. Two goals in a week did not change my view of him.

Unread 01-03-2008, 01:00 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Never liked him tbh. Mainly down to the fact he was pretty £#%&!ing awful his first year or two and he looked lazy and disisnterested. Two goals in a week did not change my view of him.
uber?

Unread 01-03-2008, 01:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Bit harsh that!

His contribution to United during his 4 seasons at the Club was a bit better than "2 goals in a week" (but even if that were true, what incredibly IMPORTANT goals they were)

He was a class footballer.
Great awarness & vision. Terrific technique + a 'big game' attitude.

I really rated him to be honest.
We could do with him (as he was then of course) in the squad now.
Experience, composure, class.

Great player.

Unread 01-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
uber?
Of course. Just never warmed to the @#%&!. I think it's because a 14 year old me reeling over the loss of Eric was never going accept no pace Eddie as Eric's 'replacement' and I think I have never been able to get over that. The fact we £#%&!ed up royally in his first year didn't help him in my eyes either.

I know my view point may be looked on as strange by some reds but if you think I'm dumb there are people out there who don't rate Andrew Cole. £#%&!ing Weirdos

Unread 01-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Mr_Ed

I was in K one night when they got back from Brazil and played Arsenal in the first game back. He was warming up and their fans were giving him loads and he just stood there pretending to collect 3 trophies... class.

Came on and equalised too.

Wouldn't say he was a United legend but he was a player in one of our best ever teams and should never be forgotten IMHO.

Unread 01-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Of course. Just never warmed to the @#%&!. I think it's because a 14 year old me reeling over the loss of Eric was never going accept no pace Eddie as Eric's 'replacement' and I think I have never been able to get over that. The fact we £#%&!ed up royally in his first year didn't help him in my eyes either.

I know my view point may be looked on as strange by some reds but if you think I'm dumb there are people out there who don't rate Andrew Cole. £#%&!ing Weirdos
It was hardly Teddy's fault though - injuries cost us massively that season.

Unread 01-03-2008, 01:34 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
It was hardly Teddy's fault though - injuries cost us massively that season.
Spot on.

That season is a great example of how Arsenal have merely fed off our scraps in the last decade.

Cantona had just retired.
Keane did his cruciate in the first few weeks of the season.
We missed Giggs for a lot of the season + Schmeichel too.
I seem to remember the likes of Curtis & Thornley started the Arsenal match at Old Trafford - had we at least gotten a point that day I think we'd have won the Title.

We played some good stuff that season .....£#%&!ing threw it away in Europe as ever mind you..

Unread 01-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Rhodzy

Top player, he won player of the year in 2001 right?

Unread 02-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Part 36 Offer

I seriously worry about the judgement of anyone who doesn't rate Sheringham.

Unread 02-03-2008, 02:32 PM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Top player, he won player of the year in 2001 right?
I thought it was one of the liverpool @#%&!, after their victories in cups...

Edit: after checking in wiki, it is teddy. the previous season keane and the next season ruud.

Unread 02-03-2008, 02:33 PM
legendary saf

Anyone see him on goals on sunday this morning?

The guy is just pure class, said he's still a United fan and wants us to win the league.
Closed Thread