United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-11-2014, 05:31 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Heysel gave thatcher the ammunition she needed to attack the main working class sport

Hillsborough was the final piece in her jigsaw

Pavarotti singing at Italia 90

@#%&!s from the Home Counties getting into "footie" during euro 96

It's £#%&!ed

Forever
It was the Taylor report that inspired all seater stadia post Hillsborough. On the back of this the old Division One was remarketed as The Premiership. Hot on the heels of the aforementioned came Richard Murdoch which signalled the end of footy being a working man´s spectator sport.

Nothing to do with Thatcher.

Unread 03-11-2014, 05:37 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
It was the Taylor report that inspired all seater stadia post Hillsborough. On the back of this the old Division One was remarketed as The Premiership. Hot on the heels of the aforementioned came Richard Murdoch which signalled the end of footy being a working man´s spectator sport.

Nothing to do with Thatcher.
My arse

She saw football fans as scum......she will have drafted the £#%&!ing Taylor report

Unread 03-11-2014, 05:44 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
My arse

She saw football fans as scum......she will have drafted the £#%&!ing Taylor report
Fair enough ...

Unread 03-11-2014, 06:07 PM
doudou

Steroid abuse is also supposedly rife in rugby (http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-22994816), which is evident to anyone who's been watching since union become professional. Rugby players used to be either small and slight if they played as backs or fat porkers if they were forwards. Now they all seem to be over 6-foot and made of muscle, even wingers.

Unread 03-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Been in boxes and all that. Don't know how people of working class background can stand being in them. I didn't like it to be honest. Full of w****rs and posers, people who i have absolutely nothing in common with and who's opinions on football i have no interest in.
Irk absolutely loves it.

I know he moans on here but he would bloody love to be Jem.

Unread 03-11-2014, 06:49 PM
marlo

I started off on the terraces as a young football fan, but now i can't not be in a box.
the food, the replays and all that.

the stands are too crowded, you can't get a bottle of drink with a lid and have to queue up for ketchup....

Unread 03-11-2014, 06:57 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I started off on the terraces as a young football fan, but now i can't not be in a box.
the food, the replays and all that.

the stands are too crowded, you can't get a bottle of drink with a lid and have to queue up for ketchup....
Ten years ago I would have wildly disagreed.

Now it's generally that shit in the stands you may as well have a comfy seat and get a drink and not be sharing space with straight up £#%&!ing %@#$&!s launching a beer about they have just spent 20 minutes queuing up for.

Unread 03-11-2014, 07:01 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Irk absolutely loves it.

I know he moans on here but he would bloody love to be Jem.
If I don't get a free meal I feel cheated

Unread 03-11-2014, 07:28 PM
no fun

True story

United v barca semi at OT in 2008

Ploppy had got me a corporate ticket, I was sat amongst the suits and ties

2 chaps sat behind me spent the first 15 minutes discussing their PowerPoint presentations that they had prepared for tomorrow's meeting.

They then continued to compare property portfolios

If I didn't know what rougers looked like I would have thought it was him and jem

Unread 03-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Charlestown Rouge

You must have stuck out like a turd in a punch bowl of Pimms.

Unread 03-11-2014, 08:12 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
You must have stuck out like a turd in a punch bowl of Pimms.
Certainly did

Sweatshirt and jeans, didn't know it was corporate until I got in the ground

Texted hark to tell him I was eating beef with a knife and fork

Having said that, I've been in corporate with GED........the £#%&!ing big cheese stealing lummox

Unread 03-11-2014, 08:12 PM
jem

Quote:
in italy, opera is for the people. particularly opera buffa.

Quote:
True story

United v barca semi at OT in 2008

Ploppy had got me a corporate ticket, I was sat amongst the suits and ties

2 chaps sat behind me spent the first 15 minutes discussing their PowerPoint presentations that they had prepared for tomorrow's meeting.

They then continued to compare property portfolios

If I didn't know what rougers looked like I would have thought it was him and jem
we have interns to prepare powerpoint presentations.

Unread 03-11-2014, 09:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
Fair enough ...

That was a World Cup photocall - despite what her sycophants claim, Thatch could be as opportunistic as the rest of them.

Those who were around her at the time confirm that she despised the game and (even more so) its supporters.

Unread 03-11-2014, 10:19 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
always struggle to finish my cheeseboard during half time at OT.
[quote=no fun;3946038
Having said that, I've been in corporate with GED........the £#%&!ing big cheese stealing lummox[/QUOTE]

FFS took you 3 posts, you are slacking, Spikey

Unread 03-11-2014, 10:32 PM
HotChip

Quote:

Texted hark to tell him I was eating beef with a knife and fork
Sell out..

Unread 03-11-2014, 10:37 PM
Red Al

Never been in a box but would like to try it to see what's it's like

The closest I ever got to a meal before a game was I used to go to the trafford park hotel(now closed I think)for a butty and a pint before kick off back in the 80,s when it was always 3pm on a sat afternoon

Unread 03-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Clarkie

Really can't understand the attraction of being in a corporate box...

The amount of times I've sat at the very back of the South Stand, with the boxes behind me....They just paint such a horrible picture. Lifeless, dull, drab.....

It isn't the £#%&!ing dogs or horses you're at.

Unread 03-11-2014, 10:49 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Really can't understand the attraction of being in a corporate box...

The amount of times I've sat at the very back of the South Stand, with the boxes behind me....They just paint such a horrible picture. Lifeless, dull, drab.....

It isn't the £#%&!ing dogs or horses you're at.
from a football perspective, it's not as good as jumping around behind the goal. however, the beer, food, comfortable seats and probably impressionable young women have some pull.

Unread 03-11-2014, 11:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Been in boxes and all that. Don't know how people of working class background can stand being in them. I didn't like it to be honest. Full of w****rs and posers, people who i have absolutely nothing in common with and who's opinions on football i have no interest in.
whose

Unread 03-11-2014, 11:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Heysel gave thatcher the ammunition she needed to attack the main working class sport

Hillsborough was the final piece in her jigsaw

@#%&!s from the Home Counties getting into "footie" during euro 96

It's £#%&!ed

Forever
Knighton

Murdoch

Money
Closed Thread