Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Said the 10 year old to the Catholic Priest
tell us more

Unread 03-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp
Loads of trendy syco praise for LVG

Damning assessment of Jones ignores the fact LVG has started with him at every opportunity and has rewarded him with a new contract.

No mention of the total failures in the transfer market - no right-sided centre back brought in for 3 windows now, no striker brought in this time, and massive flops in the shape of Valdes, Di Maria and Falcao.

Schweinsteiger is the leader we've lacked since Keane is the standout line though - he hasn't kicked a ball for us in a competitive game yet ffs

Can't see stoney taking that !?!? Stoney ginners sparky throb cage match

Unread 03-08-2015, 12:25 PM
Semantic Lisp

the 3 signings that have gone bad are all big problems imv

the GK issue is no surprise to anyone, hence why LVG wasted no time bringing in a potential replacement, and yet that choice has proven flawed and he's had to go and fetch another potential replacement even before the first one has been promoted.

the striker issue is bizarre. brought in falcao with the intention of making it permanent, decided no doubt by three quarters of the season it wasn't the right punt, and yet has failed to bring anyone else in despite also letting RvP go

and threw £60m at Di maria, failed miserably to fit him in, and has already offloaded for a 25% loss a year later. got a chance of rescuing that one in the shape of Memphis, but could easily have got the player instead of Di maria last summer for far less.

bought a left sided centre back who hasn't settled yet, leaving him with Blind in that position, and has re-signed two right-sided centre backs who most people don't fancy - whilst in the process of a very public negotiation for a ready-made replacement in their position.

course, I'm being facetious, and understand that mistakes and misjudgements can happen, and that it's a tricky business no matter how much cash you've got. the process does not exclude trial and error, no matter how studied the deals may have been. really hope that at the root of some of the decisions taken is a real intention to give januzaj, perreira, mcnair, lingard, blackett, wilson and so on every chance to get in the team and stay there

Unread 03-08-2015, 12:29 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

it would be like the hunger games, we'd all agree to kill throb, me and sparky would agree to kill stoney, then me and sparky would get married.

Unread 03-08-2015, 12:32 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp
the 3 signings that have gone bad are all big problems imv

the GK issue is no surprise to anyone, hence why LVG wasted no time bringing in a potential replacement, and yet that choice has proven flawed and he's had to go and fetch another potential replacement even before the first one has been promoted.

the striker issue is bizarre. brought in falcao with the intention of making it permanent, decided no doubt by three quarters of the season it wasn't the right punt, and yet has failed to bring anyone else in despite also letting RvP go

and threw £60m at Di maria, failed miserably to fit him in, and has already offloaded for a 25% loss a year later. got a chance of rescuing that one in the shape of Memphis, but could easily have got the player instead of Di maria last summer for far less.

bought a left sided centre back who hasn't settled yet, leaving him with Blind in that position, and has re-signed two right-sided centre backs who most people don't fancy - whilst in the process of a very public negotiation for a ready-made replacement in their position.

course, I'm being facetious, and understand that mistakes and misjudgements can happen, and that it's a tricky business no matter how much cash you've got. the process does not exclude trial and error, no matter how studied the deals may have been. really hope that at the root of some of the decisions taken is a real intention to give januzaj, perreira, mcnair, lingard, blackett, wilson and so on every chance to get in the team and stay there
Rojo hasn't settled?

Unread 03-08-2015, 12:33 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Rojo hasn't settled?
Not a fan of the steak night at Gusto in Alderley apparently.

Unread 03-08-2015, 12:34 PM
My Name is Keith

Feels like a bit of a low ball thing to do by Charles tbh. For someone (Charles) who protects his anonymity on here pretty fiercely to then not only see fit to openly reveal stoney's identity but also invite the critique of people on here so obviously jealous with stoney's media status is really quite shocking. Obviously have a heck of a lot of time for Charles but this does seem out of character.

Clearly thinking about it, Charles must have stoney's permission. I will of course withdraw the above criticism if evidence of stoney's written authority can be produced.

Unread 03-08-2015, 12:34 PM
Child of Darkness

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
it would be like the hunger games, we'd all agree to kill throb, me and sparky would agree to kill stoney, then me and sparky would get married.
There's no taking that statement back now .

I'm all for openess .

Unread 03-08-2015, 12:36 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
There's no taking that statement back now .

I'm all for openess .
(it would be against our will, like the film)

Unread 03-08-2015, 12:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
It's the most logical thing.

Unread 03-08-2015, 12:41 PM
Child of Darkness

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's the most logical thing.
Can I watch ?

Unread 03-08-2015, 12:41 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Feels like a bit of a low ball thing to do by Charles tbh. For someone (Charles) who protects his anonymity on here pretty fiercely to then not only see fit to openly reveal stoney's identity but also invite the critique of people on here so obviously jealous with stoney's media status is really quite shocking. Obviously have a heck of a lot of time for Charles but this does seem out of character.

Clearly thinking about it, Charles must have stoney's permission. I will of course withdraw the above criticism if evidence of stoney's written authority can be produced.
agreed

Unread 03-08-2015, 12:42 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Not a fan of the steak night at Gusto in Alderley apparently.
Only when he's not with his amigo.

https://instagram.com/p/514f_BrGcP/

Unread 03-08-2015, 12:44 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Think throb is jelly cos his submission to the guardian got knocked back for being 4 pages of him arguing with himself

Unread 03-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
absolute savages tbh

Unread 03-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

I'm his agent plus we're tight like.

Unread 03-08-2015, 12:46 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Think throb is jelly cos his submission to the guardian got knocked back for being 4 pages of him arguing with himself
£#%&! off

I deleted that one before submitting
Closed Thread