Default Abandoned Sports Venues

Some cracking photos here

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...d-sport-venues

Unread 17-09-2015, 08:57 AM
waynes ear's

Unread 17-09-2015, 09:02 AM
itisme_panaflex

not sure why they have eden there.

i passed by the strachov one last year and when there was a fog and thought it would qualify as an abandoned stadium, but apparently it's still in use. Can fit 9 football pitches

Unread 17-09-2015, 09:36 AM
Ashley's Grime

RIP Drill Field. :shakehead:

Unread 17-09-2015, 12:51 PM
MrBishi

Surprised they didn't put Lancaster Park (NZ) on there, big modern stadium that had to be abandoned after the earthquake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
RIP Drill Field. :shakehead:
Mad to think that the Dane Bank is now at FC's new ground

Unread 17-09-2015, 01:19 PM
dodger

Putting a £#%&!ing roman amphitheatre on there is pushing it a bit. :shakehead:

Unread 17-09-2015, 01:32 PM
teflon_terry

El Jem

Unread 17-09-2015, 01:49 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Putting a £#%&!ing roman amphitheatre on there is pushing it a bit. :shakehead:
Perhaps Stonehenge was a mad ball game with loads of goals? It should have been featured just in case

Unread 17-09-2015, 01:56 PM
andyroo

Cathkin Park in Glasgow (former home of Third Lanark)

Unread 17-09-2015, 02:17 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

I was expecting to see that in the list. Cool little place. Used to live around the corner.

Also thought all those pictures of northern non-league grounds would have come from a certain fredster

Unread 17-09-2015, 03:02 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:

Lovely pitch.

Unread 17-09-2015, 04:32 PM
Grimson

Always loved the randon placement of crush barriers in those old grounds. "Oh, we'll put one here, and one here. And then one over there, anywhere'll do."

Unread 17-09-2015, 05:14 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Always loved the randon placement of crush barriers in those old grounds. "Oh, we'll put one here, and one here. And then one over there, anywhere'll do."
Actually based on a Fibonacci sequence using the assumptions based on the speed of river flow at different points when there is a significant corner.

Unread 17-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Lok

I get my lunch most days from the site of Witton's old ground.

I went once but can't really remember it. Their statement about its replacement (Wincham Park) seem a bit harsh.

The Drill Field was always a dump.

Unread 17-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

What made you think of that?

Unread 17-09-2015, 08:01 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
What made you think of that?

Cathkin Park is a famous example when it comes to this discussion, don't think any ground enthusiast would need to steal the idea from a comments section.

Don't want to put words in your mouth but I reckon Vics' start to the season has you unsettled

Unread 17-09-2015, 08:03 PM
andyroo

Unread 17-09-2015, 08:13 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi

Don't want to put words in your mouth but I reckon Vics' start to the season has you unsettled

Its amazing that a team that pays £1500 to host a home game and gets attendances of 50 can afford to pay players good enough to finish bottom, let alone be top with a 100% record, not to mention employ an ex league manager.

Not rattled though, honest

Unread 17-09-2015, 08:22 PM
MrBishi

I only mention 'em 'cos Gannon's a friend of a friend of a etc, his wheeling-dealing puts Redknapp to shame, tends to upset people but does wonders with his teams otherwise.

Unread 17-09-2015, 08:46 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
I only mention 'em 'cos Gannon's a friend of a friend of a etc, his wheeling-dealing puts Redknapp to shame, tends to upset people but does wonders with his teams otherwise.
Don't know him personally so wouldn't want to cast aspersions, but the club is run by crooks.

Genuinely not too fussed about them, but disappointed in our board for taking their money.
Closed Thread