Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-05-2019, 07:12 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep.

Not buying a CB last summer was a £#%&!ing joke

No doubt we’ll repeat it this summer too.
I've joked about it a few times but Maguire would have made a difference.

Smalling would have been a good defender 20 years ago but the game has moved on and centre backs need to be decent on the ball. He is so poor it means we can't play it out.

Maguire has all of Smalling's better qualities but doesn't panic on the ball. He also strikes me as a leader. He'd have been a huge step up.

De Ligt is obviously the dream but there's no chance that's going to happen and even if it did, his age means it might be too much too soon for him.

Unread 12-05-2019, 07:15 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
when you've got a banker in charge who insists he knows better who to sign than a manager who's won 2 european cups and a treble, what chance do you have?
Yep.

We’re a £#%&!ing joke and as much as I love him I just haven’t got any hope that Ole is the man the turn things around, he’s not a miracle worker. I think any manager in the world would struggle at United at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I've joked about it a few times but Maguire would have made a difference.

Smalling would have been a good defender 20 years ago but the game has moved on and centre backs need to be decent on the ball. He is so poor it means we can't play it out.

Maguire has all of Smalling's better qualities but doesn't panic on the ball. He also strikes me as a leader. He'd have been a huge step up.

De Ligt is obviously the dream but there's no chance that's going to happen and even if it did, his age means it might be too much too soon for him.
I’d take Maguire.

Watched him a few times this season and he looks very good. Composed on the ball, good in the air and reads the game very well.

Even after Woody said he wasnt worth the money last summer would any one be surprised to see us try and sign him again this summer, trouble now is the likes of City will be sniffing too.

Unread 12-05-2019, 07:28 PM
Sparky***

Unread 12-05-2019, 07:31 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Flannel

Unread 12-05-2019, 07:32 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Good luck, Ole. You're gonna need it mate.

Unread 12-05-2019, 07:35 PM
AK14

Says all the right things and you can obviously see he’s hurting.

The worry is the board won’t back him sufficiently and we’ll be back here under a new manger at the end of next season saying the same old shit of who to sell and who to buy.

Unread 12-05-2019, 07:39 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

The worry is the board won’t back him sufficiently and we’ll be back here under a new manger at the end of next season saying the same old shit of who to sell and who to buy.
Money shouldn't be an issue. We've spent plenty and will do so again.

The real 'backing' needs to be trusting the guy to do his thing.

Whether he's the right choice or not remains to be seen, but we have made the choice and we have to back him now.

Last summer was a disaster. As soon as we starting second guessing Mourinho, this season appeared doomed to end this way.

Ole needs to be allowed to cut the losses on several of these players. £#%&! their marketability, their resale value. We have to put the football first.

I'm not holding my breath.

Unread 12-05-2019, 07:41 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Money shouldn't be an issue. We've spent plenty and will do so again.

The real 'backing' needs to be trusting the guy to do his thing.

Whether he's the right choice or not remains to be seen, but we have made the choice and we have to back him now.

Last summer was a disaster. As soon as we starting second guessing Mourinho, this season appeared doomed to end this way.

Ole needs to be allowed to cut the losses on several of these players. £#%&! their marketability, their resale value. We have to put the football first.

I'm not holding my breath.
I’m not just talking about money pal.

Unread 12-05-2019, 07:42 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
I’m not just talking about money pal.
I know mate. Wasn't suggesting you were.

Unread 12-05-2019, 07:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
I know mate. Wasn't suggesting you were.
Oh ok..

Unread 12-05-2019, 07:45 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:

Where the £#%&! is this DOF?

Unread 12-05-2019, 07:56 PM
otbarney

What the £#%&! is our scouting team doing?

Unread 12-05-2019, 07:56 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Waiting til October for the new FIFA to come out.

Quote:
Looking more and more like Moyes(y).

Unread 12-05-2019, 08:01 PM
Coracao

It's gonna take two or three years to sort this squad out.

Unread 12-05-2019, 08:01 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Wasn’t there a story not so long ago that a United scout turned up a day early/late to game or something?

Edit

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro...m-7067100/amp/

Went to the wrong country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
We’ve been saying that for the past 4 years.

Unread 12-05-2019, 08:03 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I wouldn't have a problem with this if we looked like a competently run club. The way things are going, 2-3 years is being optimistic, to put it plainly.

Unread 12-05-2019, 08:05 PM
Lok

Quote:
Wasn’t there a story not so long ago that a United scout turned up a day early/late to game or something?

Edit

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro...m-7067100/amp/

Went to the wrong country
I'm shocked... that we actually still employ scouts. I assumed our 'scouting' was Woodward going on Youtube and making bids for whichever player montages have the most likes.

Unread 12-05-2019, 08:37 PM
75Red

Get rid of all of them, except Lindelof and possibly The Scottish Player.

Unread 12-05-2019, 09:32 PM
utd99

Guardiola, Pochettino, Klopp. In every single instance it took them at least 2 seasons to arrest the slide, drain the swamp of poisonous players and draft in new blood who bought into the plan and the system. We’re either going to give him the opportunity or we’re not. If we’re not prepared to at least see what he does and support him, we’re lost.

Unread 12-05-2019, 09:36 PM
AK14

All well and good but when the board don’t allow him to sell the dross and bring in the players he wants he’ll be the one to get the boot.

Rinse

Repeat.
Closed Thread