United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-12-2017, 05:36 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Will gladly stick you in there TONIGHT if you're free for an IRL meet in the next three hours.

You asteroid-headed £#%&!nugget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Part of the problem with ours is the failure to develop the young talent, which was the main basis of what was left. If Shaw, Mensah, Rashford and Martial has developed the way De Bruyne, Sterling and Stones have, as they could, maybe we wouldn’t be as desperate for another half billion.
We’re so far behind City and their 8 trillion pound training complex, have they got a single academy product in their team or even on their bench? The three players you’re claiming they developed cost 150 million quid.

Unread 30-12-2017, 02:16 PM
Tiberian

This has been a resounding success for Mourinho. Media and fans now concentrating purely on City and spending rather than asking difficult questions about our performances. City have been a boon for Mou, and Conte for that matter.

Unread 30-12-2017, 02:21 PM
MOE1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Rashford isn't and will never be a top class player no matter who manages him.
True.

Unread 30-12-2017, 02:32 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Rashford isn't and will never be a top class player no matter who manages him.
Agree with that but be careful, you're not allowed to say it.

Unread 30-12-2017, 02:39 PM
20 times

Rashford will be class. I’ll bump this thread in 2 years. Not surprised that internet bedwetters are writing him off though.

Unread 30-12-2017, 02:48 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Rashford will be class. I’ll bump this thread in 2 years. Not surprised that internet bedwetters are writing him off though.
AKA people with an opinion that just happens to differ from yours.

Unread 30-12-2017, 03:10 PM
MOE1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Just another Danny Welbeck 20.

Unread 30-12-2017, 03:30 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOE1948
Just another Danny Welbeck 20.

Unread 30-12-2017, 03:37 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Have we had a player since Ronaldo who's actually improved under coaching at the club?

Nani had a stellar end to 09/10 and was a regular match winner in 10/11 til his injury.

De Gea improved considerably.

That's it? Other players who looked promising at the beginning just regressed; Anderson, Cleverley, Evans, Welbeck, Depay. It's not a new trend with Mourinho.

Bring Quieroz back

Unread 30-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Tronics

Quote:
It is possible that every single young player who looked a great talent for us isn't actually that good and every single one who looked a great talent for them has fortunately for them come good. That is possible, and it is just bad luck for Mou.

Just like it's bad luck for him that the two best players in the league this season as well as his £75m summer signing are guys he allowed to leave Chelsea instead of developing them himself. He's just a very unfortunate coach when it comes to young players.

dont really see where the debate or argument is here. Mourinho is a great coach but currently he's unable develop the small crop of talented players we have and take them to next level, not sure why that's pissing some of you lot off so much.

transfers are transfers, bad luck can happen and you can never account for the player(s) themselves not rising to the occassion or settling in at the club/country, but to suggest Martial and co are just shit it's a bit of a easy cop-out imo.

Mourinho isn't 100% to blame but we're right to question him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Have we had a player since Ronaldo who's actually improved under coaching at the club?

Nani had a stellar end to 09/10 and was a regular match winner in 10/11 til his injury.

De Gea improved considerably.

That's it? Other players who looked promising at the beginning just regressed; Anderson, Cleverley, Evans, Welbeck, Depay. It's not a new trend with Mourinho.

Bring Quieroz back
i would SAF entire reign was good example of development. except for duds we can all name and shame, i think we can all agree that SAF got the best of out fairly average and then sprinkled the team with world class talent who could make the difference.

of course, it's not an easy thing to do no-ones denying that, but a lot of those good/average players SAF depended at times would have probably been success regardless, because they had the right mindset and could ultimately rise to the challenge of playing for a big club week in week out.

it's hard to identify that kind of player, so that's why great coaches are lauded so much because everyone knows its a specific type of skillset not all coaches have.

Unread 30-12-2017, 04:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
The "promise" in that case was so brief I might have missed it tbh.

Unread 30-12-2017, 05:30 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The "promise" in that case was so brief I might have missed it tbh.
Yeah he nutmegged some part timer in the Europa league

Unread 30-12-2017, 05:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Mourinho can never be accused of not getting the 'best' out of him.
I read some where he along with Valencia are mourinhos most featured outfield players since joining united

the de Bruyne and salah point is a decent one and something I highlighted a while ago but you can only look at whats going on today.

to my knowledge Mourinho isn't failing any of our young players they simply aren't good enough.

our great fonsu-mensah can't even get in the palace team.
The Scottish Player has hardly covered himself in glory in his few appearances this season
martial would be bit more consistent if he was given the match time we are squandering on our very own... Alex hunter*

oh and speaking of young players....how would you describe van goals nurturing and development on depay and blind? two young players from his country his signed for us??
and while your at it....van gaal has zaha around as well? did he develop him?
You reckon Zaha is top level quality? He's doing very well now, great to watch. But it's even taken him a long time to put it together for Palace. Two years of struggling to find consistency. By many accounts he wasn't mentally ready for United. I'm still not sure he's of the standard for a top club.

Memphis is an interesting one, as he appears to be bouncing back quite quickly with Lyon. It looks as if he could get another shot at the big time. He struggled under Van Gaal, but who knows what would have happened. Maybe he'd have done better in his second season.

Blind was excellent at CB in 15-16. One of the few senior players who was consistently at a high level.

As for Rashford's minutes on the field, how many as a striker? In the position he exploded in. That's the frustrating part for him I expect. I do wonder if he looks at Lukaku and thinks that with the time and patience he could do much better long term. Still only 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

We’re so far behind City and their 8 trillion pound training complex, have they got a single academy product in their team or even on their bench? The three players you’re claiming they developed cost 150 million quid.
So? I'm judging talent, not price tag. Nobody would have swapped Rashford for Sterling or De Bruyne after their first seasons at City. And if price tag is important to you, then Shaw and Martial cost best part of £100m between them, and both looked worth it.

Again, it could just be bad luck, but City's young players are progressing, developing. Ours aren't. That is simply a fact, surely?

Unread 30-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Red Al

He can check out the lowrey tonight £#%&! off back to Portugal and take that big £#%&!ing donkey with him.

Sick of his smacked arsed face and his shit football

Had enough

Unread 30-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
He can check out the lowrey tonight f*** off back to Portugal and take that big f***ing donkey with him.

Sick of his smacked arsed face and his shit football

Had enough

Let's be fair. He's stuck with poor players he inherited from his predecessors. Mkhi, lindelof and lukaku.

Unread 30-12-2017, 09:00 PM
S/Side.Red

He does have some genuine bad luck tbf.

Indirectly slag every forward player bar Lukaku for God knows what reason, then Lukaku goes off after 15 mins and you're left relying on those lads you've essentially blamed for being 16 points worse than City. When your luck is down

Unread 30-12-2017, 10:43 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
He does have some genuine bad luck tbf.

Indirectly slag every forward player bar Lukaku for God knows what reason, then Lukaku goes off after 15 mins and you're left relying on those lads you've essentially blamed for being 16 points worse than City. When your luck is down

This is the biggest problem, most managers very very occasionally dig a player out in publi, Mourinho has thrown someone under the bus every other week, he's almost done it more in one and half seasons than I remember Fergie doing in 20 odd, I think we're starting to see the effects on the pitch, and it looks a lot like 2015 Chelsea.

Unread 30-12-2017, 10:49 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
This is the biggest problem, most managers very very occasionally dig a player out in publi, Mourinho has thrown someone under the bus every other week, he's almost done it more in one and half seasons than I remember Fergie doing in 20 odd, I think we're starting to see the effects on the pitch, and it looks a lot like 2015 Chelsea.
very true. its starting to get on my nerves to be honest.
we don't need a manager having constant digs at players and then reacting like a women and doing the footballing version of 'not speaking to them' and leaving them out the next game...

this is a football team not SAS trials. no need to test the character of players, he needs to work with them.
mikky t and luke shaw are two players he has been way over the top with. he also loves 'punishing' martial but would never punish fellani or Alex hunter for shit performances./

Unread 30-12-2017, 10:58 PM
armchair

He likes to break down players so he can say he doesn't have the players. He's damaged miki, martial and shaw and built up lesser players. We're playing like a moyes side too.

Unread 30-12-2017, 11:06 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
very true. its starting to get on my nerves to be honest.
we don't need a manager having constant digs at players and then reacting like a women and doing the footballing version of 'not speaking to them' and leaving them out the next game...

this is a football team not SAS trials. no need to test the character of players, he needs to work with them.
mikky t and luke shaw are two players he has been way over the top with. he also loves 'punishing' martial but would never punish fellani or Alex hunter for shit performances./
Can't argue with this. Some players may be the type of people you'd want to be in the trenches with but out on a football pitch....nah.

I've long believed he does it so explicitly because he doesn't have a playing career to point to. So he hems in on intangibles like 'mentality' and 'courage' more so than football skillsets. AvB was the same at Chelsea but he didn't have the force of personality Mourinho has to get away with it. Didn't help him that only a few years back he was a Chelsea scout who was pally with the players he later tried to phase out.
Closed Thread