Originally Posted by toseeunited
i'm going for a united - YSB final!!
imagine losing that

Unread 09-03-2007, 12:56 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeBelieve
imagine losing that
it would be unbareable, but imagine winning it!!!!

Unread 09-03-2007, 12:57 PM
n48

Quote:
imagine losing that
It will happen. We beat them twice already this season. They go and do it when it really counts. Gaz nev to miss crucial shootout penalty.

we're doomed i tells ya!

Unread 09-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Athanri

Quote:
imagine losing that
That would be the worst scenario EVER. I'd probably give up watching football after that.

Unread 09-03-2007, 01:01 PM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athanri
That would be the worst scenario EVER. I'd probably give up watching football after that.
I feel sick just thinking about that

I would take my own life

Unread 09-03-2007, 01:02 PM
MakeBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
It will happen. We beat them twice already this season. They go and do it when it really counts. Gaz nev to miss crucial shootout penalty.

we're doomed i tells ya!
my crystal ball is showing Gerrard scoring, after Carragher's sliced shot during a goalmouth scramble hits the bar and deflects off the former's outrageously crinkly forehead. As the ball trickles over the line Gary Neville makes a last ditch silidng attempt to rescue the situation but manages only to castrate himself on the goalpost

now that's what I call doom

Unread 09-03-2007, 02:26 PM
£#%&! KFC

not it won't...David Gill's just said he's not arsed if United win the European Cup

Unread 09-03-2007, 02:30 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
imagine losing that

For that reason alone, I hope we never play them in a European Cup final. The risk of loosing that would be too much to take.

I'd love us to play Valencia in the final, as the newly crowned Champions of England

Unread 09-03-2007, 02:37 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
not it won't...David Gill's just said he's not arsed if United win the European Cup
First sensible thing he's said in years.
I think he knows we haven't got a prayer.
The League is what matter's this season.

I'm not quite sure why everyone's so confident that we'll breeze past Roma.??..perhaps they should get hold of a few videos of our recent Champions League performances (there's 4 years worth) to see that we'd make hard work of getting past Watford if they were in the Champions League.

I've said some Doomlord things in my time, but nothing to top this. As far as I'm concerned we're looking down the barrel of a horror show that has 2 outcomes:

A Chelsea 'Quadruple'
A Chelsea 'Domestic Treble' + a 'vermin Champions league'

I can feel it in my bones that next season we're going to have to listen to "We won it 6 Times" ad nauseum.
A truly terrifying though.

We won't get past Roma + Milan/Bayern.
We're too lightweight & lack the mental strength to succeed at that level.

I think we should stop talking about 'Trebles' immediately. It's dangerous talk.
We want that League Title back...get within 2 of the scousers. That's what this sesaon should be all about for me.

Unread 09-03-2007, 02:44 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
A Chelsea 'Quadruple'
A Chelsea 'Domestic Treble' + a 'vermin Champions league'

I agree the League should be the main priority. But surely MJ, you must admit that the draw means we potentially have a great chance of the European Cup too. Milan, Bayern and Roma are decent sides, nothing more. We have the players to get us too the final. But like you, I do think we'll bottle it (again!). Best chance we've had since 2002.

Unread 09-03-2007, 02:46 PM
£#%&! KFC

of course it's all about the league Ramone and if that's all we won everyone would be delighted but the way the draw is in the EC we probably won't have a better chance to get to the final ....although the lack of depth in our squad could bite us on the arse

there is no way the Dippers will win it, I know we all said this two years ago but if they get past PSV then the Rent Boys or Valencia would beat them

if we beat Roma and it's a big if we will get to the final, but it's all about the league title anything else is just a bonus

although it's maybe worth pointing out that in 1999 we beat an Italian tgeam in the quartes and the semis

Unread 09-03-2007, 02:58 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
there is no way the Dippers will win it, I know we all said this two years ago but if they get past PSV then the Rent Boys or Valencia would beat them
Once bitten twice shy (as Ian Hunter would say).....You're right, we did all say that in 2005..."don't worry, they won't get past Juventus"..."don't worry they won't beat Chelsea over 2 games" (which in fairness they didn't. They had 2 goalless draws. The ball didn't cross the line in a million years)....£#%&!ing hell, even I remember thinking at the time "maybe it's ok that they got past Chelsea, because at least it means Chelsea haven't bought that trophy as well....& there's the safety net of Liverpool's luck having now surely run it's course. Milan will batter them..It can't happen again"

The Champions League has been damaged goods since that night in Istanbul. All the prestige & shine taken away. It is no longer a sign of 'Greatness' it is a £#%&!ing lottery.
They've watered it down by allowing 3rd & 4th place (5th place!) teams into it..it's a £#%&!ing free-for-all...it's now an 'Under Dog has his day' competition in the same way the FA Cup is...it is simply not an indication of the 'Best Team in Europe' anymore.

Not only did the vermin's luck fail to run out in 2005, it's still happening now.

For the record, I don't think Roma, Bayern or Milan are Great sides...but we have been so bad in Europe for the past half a decade that I simply wouldn't fancy us over 2 legs against anyone.

A full on, shit or bust assault at a domestic Double would make me a happy Red this season.

Unread 09-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Bayern with Hitzfeld will be a very hard side to beat.

Unread 09-03-2007, 03:01 PM
£#%&! KFC

bloody hell Ramone you've convinced me....I can see the 6 times banners at Unfilled already

but £#%&! em let's get the league won

Unread 09-03-2007, 03:04 PM
neworder

Quote:
Once bitten twice shy (as Ian Hunter would say).....You're right, we did all say that in 2005..."don't worry, they won't get past Juventus"..."don't worry they won't beat Chelsea over 2 games" (which in fairness they didn't. They had 2 goalless draws. The ball didn't cross the line in a million years)....£#%&!ing hell, even I remember thinking at the time "maybe it's ok that they got past Chelsea, because at least it means Chelsea haven't bought that trophy as well....& there's the safety net of Liverpool's luck having now surely run it's course. Milan will batter them..It can't happen again"

The Champions League has been damaged goods since that night in Istanbul. All the prestige & shine taken away. It is no longer a sign of 'Greatness' it is a £#%&!ing lottery.
They've watered it down by allowing 3rd & 4th place (5th place!) teams into it..it's a £#%&!ing free-for-all...it's now an 'Under Dog has his day' competition in the same way the FA Cup is...it is simply not an indication of the 'Best Team in Europe' anymore.

Not only did the vermin's luck fail to run out in 2005, it's still happening now.

For the record, I don't think Roma, Bayern or Milan are Great sides...but we have been so bad in Europe for the past half a decade that I simply wouldn't fancy us over 2 legs against anyone.

A full on, shit or bust assault at a domestic Double would make me a happy Red this season.
cracking post

Unread 09-03-2007, 03:10 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
bloody hell Ramone you've convinced me....I can see the 6 times banners at Unfilled already

but £#%&! em let's get the league won

It's Chelsea's or the dippers....it's written all over the draw & the way the competition has gone so far.

Don't get me wrong, if we start playing attacking football in Europe again...& actually start trying to win games rather than not lose them I'll get my passion for the competition back...but until then I can just see a pathetic, goal-shy surrender against Roma.

Like you say though, let's get that League Title wrapped up...& a trip down to Wembley would be nice too!

Unread 09-03-2007, 03:14 PM
neworder

Quote:
It's Chelsea's or the dippers....it's written all over the draw & the way the competition has gone so far.

Don't get me wrong, if we start playing attacking football in Europe again...& actually start trying to win games rather than not lose them I'll get my passion for the competition back...but until then I can just see a pathetic, goal-shy surrender against Roma.

Like you say though, let's get that League Title wrapped up...& a trip down to Wembley would be nice too!
I facny Valencia, I really do

Unread 09-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Tiberian

Why are Valencia being overrated?

Third in the Spanish league in a season when if a team could show any consistent form they would be long way clear.

Yes, they beat Inter, who are strolling Serie A, but who actually though that Inter were all that. Italian football has been mediocre for 5 years.

Valenica, good, competent side, but I fully expect Chelsea to beat them.
Closed Thread