United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-03-2007, 11:14 AM
El Calafate

if any of you think we'll do anything in europe this season, you must be mad. having said that i think the quality of this years competition is piss poor. if fergie plays 442 we might at least play some decent stuff. wouldn't mind but the teams we've been getting have been bobbins. nft.

Unread 09-03-2007, 11:17 AM
gbmufc

I have replied elsewhere . However, I will point out again. We have the team to beat anyone left in the Champions league and we should fear no one although I would personally like to avoid Bayern.

We were the only team to win both legs in the last round but we cannot continue with a defensive approach for the rest of the competition.

We have already beaten Liverpool twice this season, should have beat Chelsea and have nothing to fear from Roma, A C Milan, Valencia or PSV.

It is surely our best chance of winning the competition since 99 cosidering who is left in it. None of these teams are outstanding and whatever the draw we should be able to progress.

The only negative in all this is our insistance on playing one up front. For me Queroz is tactically inept when it comes to Europe I just hope the team are good enough to overide his tatics.

Unread 09-03-2007, 11:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
I have replied elsewhere . However, I will point out again. We have the team to beat anyone left in the Champions league and we should fear no one although I would personally like to avoid Bayern.

We were the only team to win both legs in the last round but we cannot continue with a defensive approach for the rest of the competition.

We have already beaten Liverpool twice this season, should have beat Chelsea and have nothing to fear from Roma, A C Milan, Valencia or PSV.

It is surely our best chance of winning the competition since 99 cosidering who is left in it. None of these teams are outstanding and whatever the draw we should be able to progress.

The only negative in all this is our insistance on playing one up front. For me Queroz is tactically inept when it comes to Europe I just hope the team are good enough to overide his tatics.

Oh, I agree but the fact is we will not change our tactics and because of this will throw away an unbelievable opportunity to win another European Cup.

Unread 09-03-2007, 12:18 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Oh, I agree but the fact is we will not change our tactics and because of this will throw away an unbelievable opportunity to win another European Cup.
That's what makes recent failures so hard to take. If there were a couple of outstanding teams left in it, fair enough. But the CL is shitter then ever this year. We have a great chance to win it now. But you just know we'll throw it away, just like the last few years, playing shite uninspiring football.

Unread 09-03-2007, 01:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Well we didn't manage to avoid all 7.

Unread 09-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Torquemada

Roma are a good draw. As long as we continue with our cagey, insufferably dull tactics away, and then batter them at home. It's going to be a very cagey game, but they haven't really got anyone who particularly scares me in their team. True, there's Totti, but he's hardly the player he used to be a few years ago.

Unread 09-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

I like our tactics. It's the player's nerves and piss-poor passing and control that are our main problem - along with our finishing, but that bit goes without saying.

Unread 09-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Tiberian

Roma have been beaten comfortably by the English clubs they have faced in recent years. We should win that tie, if we keep our nerve.

Unread 09-03-2007, 10:17 PM
redfusilier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc

I agree totally. How people can suggest that we are the underdogs is complete %@#$&!s. We lead the PL, QF of the FA Cup and the Cl.
We are the team people will fear, although I'm with gbmufc Bayern are a threat

Unread 09-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Tropical

Default Rest assured, bedders,

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I think we need to avoid all 7 of the other teams left in the draw.
I shall be sure to cut them dead should I encounter them on Rotten Row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Roma have been beaten comfortably by the English clubs they have faced in recent years. We should win that tie, if we keep our nerve.
Keep it? We'll have to £#%&!ing find it first.

Unread 09-03-2007, 11:27 PM
gbmufc

We`ll never die we`ll never die
We`ll keep the red flag flyin high

Division one can kiss my arse
Were in division two at last
But dont you fret and dont you cry
Cos Man Utd will never die

The City fans came out of school
Manchester was there`s to rule
But they found to their despair
The red flag was still flyin there