United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-03-2007, 09:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default In order to progress further in the Champions League.

I think we need to avoid all 7 of the other teams left in the draw.

Unread 09-03-2007, 09:30 AM
Omnipotent Man

You're being very optimistic there Bedders!!

Unread 09-03-2007, 09:30 AM
Skag Trendy

At this stage i think its a case of not fearing anybody.If your gonna win it you wanna beat the best.
I wouldnt say we have faced a truely world class team yet,i think we could sneak to the final though.

Unread 09-03-2007, 09:33 AM
forzagarza

Fergie out should help and get in a barrel of Yorkshire Crisps or another inanimate object.

Unread 09-03-2007, 09:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
At this stage i think its a case of not fearing anybody.If your gonna win it you wanna beat the best.
I wouldnt say we have faced a truely world class team yet,i think we could sneak to the final though.
We haven't faced a half decent team yet and have struggled. As I say, we'd best hope we can avoid all of the other teams in the draw.

Unread 09-03-2007, 09:41 AM
shyteds

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
We haven't faced a half decent team yet and have struggled. As I say, we'd best hope we can avoid all of the other teams in the draw.

Half empty or half full.

Look at it from this point of view.

Other teams have faced us, we acknowledge we have been below par yet we have progressed. AC, Liverpool, Bayern have done this in previous competitions, but when needed they, and we can play accordingly.

We have tinkered in this year’s competition, nothing really thrown at us. Lille were our biggest test so far and we came through.

Unread 09-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
After Liverpool beat Monaco,Deportivo,Leverkusen,Juventus and Milan to get to win the final most of our support claimed it was a shit achievement and wrote it off.

I wonder what the same people will say if we win it without facing any decent teams.

Unread 09-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
I think we need to avoid all 7 of the other teams left in the draw.
with an 'nft' that could have been an el calafate special

Unread 09-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Tumescent Throb

Liverpool turned PSV over easily enough. And our record against them and the chavs this season is okay, so that's half the draw sorted!

Valencia I fear not - we have a good enough history with them recently. And that just leaves two ghosts of not too distant past and some Romans (who are generally shit against English teams). Milan aren't great just now and we can beat them. I think if we avoid Bayern we have a great chance. Not that Bayern are the best team left in, btw. Just a feeling.

Unread 09-03-2007, 10:19 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
or another inanimate object.

Unread 09-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Zorg

Jablonski - fancy a vbet on United avoiding all 7 teams in the draw?

Unread 09-03-2007, 10:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Jablonski - fancy a vbet on United avoiding all 7 teams in the draw?
What odds?

Unread 09-03-2007, 10:37 AM
puressence

i think milan are the most beatable along with psv

Unread 09-03-2007, 10:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
i think milan are the most beatable along with psv
Not as beatable as a bye which is our best chance.

Unread 09-03-2007, 10:40 AM
puressence

Quote:
Not as beatable as a bye which is our best chance.
we are so bad in europe we will probably win it

Unread 09-03-2007, 10:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
we are so bad in europe we will probably win it
There's a sad truth about that statement.

Unread 09-03-2007, 10:48 AM
gbmufc

Quote:
There's a sad truth about that statement.

You could always support FC. Have you been to a Europan game this year?

Unread 09-03-2007, 10:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
You could always support FC. Have you been to a Europan game this year?
You could shut the £#%&! up and piss off back to Head in the sandland @#%&! face.

Unread 09-03-2007, 10:55 AM
gbmufc

And you can £#%&! off back to your armchair.

Unread 09-03-2007, 11:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
And you can £#%&! off back to your armchair.
Just wondering......after Wednesdays performance, would you care to revise this. 4-5-£#%&!in 1 at hom to a no-mark French outfit who shouldnt b able to lace our boots.

They should give out sleeping tablets with tickets if we are going to have to endure performances like that.
Closed Thread