Carrick

Unread 10-04-2013, 05:04 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwO22dlDcnA

wingers who assist, wingers who score.
would be great to see us cut loose like that in a big game again
No fear, let them worry about us, high tempo...

If Fergie had that same fixture on the horizon now he'd play defenders in a narrow midfield & 'defensive strikers' out wide:shakehead:

Unread 10-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Lok

Quote:

I can't believe Liverpool signed that keeper

Unread 10-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Mr Castro

I was really optimistic after that game of winning the Champions League that season, we were playing with so much confidence and flow.

Then Milan destroyed us in the semi's

Unread 10-04-2013, 05:14 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
I was really optimistic after that game of winning the Champions League that season, we were playing with so much confidence and flow.

Then Milan destroyed us in the semi's
Milan beat us comfortably in the 2nd leg but we were out on our feet by then.
Unlike the vermin who reached the Final that year we actually have to try & win the League rather than finish 30pts off top spot & hopefully nick 4th place.

The first Milan game would have been a comfortable win if we hadn't defended like #@&%!s.

Unread 10-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
would be great to see us cut loose like that in a big game again
No fear, let them worry about us, high tempo...

If Fergie had that same fixture on the horizon now he'd play defenders in a narrow midfield & 'defensive strikers' out wide:shakehead:
what a crock of shit - the tactics from around that time were as criticised as what we use now ffs

that team included Heinze, O'Shea, Fletcher, Smith and Brown - all targets of the Moan

the game before that we'd been to Portsmouth and lost

Unread 10-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Mr Castro

Yeah we had injury problems at the time. The defence in the 3-2 win was O'Shea, Brown, Heinze and Evra, with a 19 year old Jonny Evans on the bench.

Unread 10-04-2013, 05:28 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
what a crock of shit - the tactics from around that time were as criticised as what we use now ffs

that team included Heinze, O'Shea, Fletcher, Smith and Brown - all targets of the Moan

the game before that we'd been to Portsmouth and lost
Does it trigger an alarm every time I post something ffs?

I'd better stop what I'm doing, Ramone has just posted something & I want to disagree with him & insult his intelligence as soon as humanly possible.

Unread 10-04-2013, 05:35 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Does it trigger an alarm every time I post something ffs?

I'd better stop what I'm doing, Ramone has just posted something & I want to disagree with him & insult his intelligence as soon as humanly possible.
You do talk a lot of shit tbf pal.

Unread 10-04-2013, 05:37 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
You do talk a lot of shit tbf pal.
What because I said I'd like to see us play with a higher tempo & with less fear in big matches?

Unread 10-04-2013, 05:42 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
What because I said I'd like to see us play with a higher tempo & with less fear in big matches?

we tried that in champions league finals and got dicked all over

Unread 10-04-2013, 05:43 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 10-04-2013, 05:44 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
we tried that in champions league finals and got dicked all over
True up to a point, but both those finals could have been different if we had a central midfield to speak of.
I was referring more to our lack of %@#$&!s against an incredibly ordinary Real Madrid side last month.

Quote:
:seething:

Unread 10-04-2013, 05:47 PM
dragflick

Quote:
True up to a point, but both those finals could have been different if we had a central midfield to speak of.
I was referring more to our lack of %@#$&!s against an incredibly ordinary Real Madrid side last month.

:seething:
Whoaaa. Now I do take exception to that. Fergie had just seen them demolish Barca on the counter attack a couple of times in the space of a few days. Our tactics were spot on in both games until that @#%&! of a ref decided to make himself star of the show.

Unread 10-04-2013, 05:50 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Whoaaa. Now I do take exception to that. Fergie had just seen them demolish Barca on the counter attack a couple of times in the space of a few days. Our tactics were spot on in both games until that @#%&! of a ref decided to make himself star of the show.
fair enough & yes they were very good against Barcelona in those games, but I'd like teams to start worrying about us again.
I suppose the reality is we haven't got the players for that to be the case any more.

Unread 10-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

£#%&!ing hell watching that makes me sad.

Unread 10-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Blagger

We've never recovered from losing Ronnie have we?
Closed Thread