Unread 27-02-2013, 05:37 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
CM Gerrard

StrikerSuarez (@#%&!)

Unread 27-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Jethro

Armers is being found out here. The vermin will be putting Gerrard in their team of the year long after the @#%&! has retired

Unread 27-02-2013, 05:41 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Armers is being found out here. The vermin will be putting Gerrard in their team of the year long after the @#%&! has retired
They'd be right to as well.

Unread 27-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Ginners

carrick world class

having a good season.

Unread 27-02-2013, 05:43 PM
andyroo

I think we can all agree that nobody in the world is actually world class any more. Any time anyone's slightly good we have to raise a whole lot of straw man arguments to prove that he is, in fact, actually rubbish.

Apart from Del Piero. He's just £#%&!ing class.

Unread 27-02-2013, 05:48 PM
£#%&! KFC

if it was a current best X1...ie who has been the best in Europe this season

De Gea

Rafael
Thiago Silva
Hummels
Chiellini

Ronaldo
Iniesta
Reus
Rodriguez

Messi
Van Persie

not syaing all are 'world class'...but on form this season would be top 11

Unread 27-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
All in bold are not world class. Some were but not anymore
Maybe you're right. Just stating my opinion.

Still, backing my list.

Unread 27-02-2013, 05:49 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
To make a list, first you have to decide what is your definition of a 'world class' player.

That definition for me is, a player, who can dislodge any other player in any team.

Going by that definition, there have to be atleast 11 world class players in this world, otherwise you can't complete a team, and football is a team sport.

Likewise, you can't just create a list with 11 players, cause there has to be a different list of players depending on the formation. 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2 etc will all have different lists.

World class players for me :

GK - Neuer and Buffon.
LB - Cole, Evra, Alba, Philipp Lahm (plays both RB and LB)
RB - Dani Alves, Zabaleta, Philipp Lahm
CB - Sergio Ramos, Chiellini, Vidic, Hummels, Thiago Silva, Kompany
CM - Toure, Xavi, Pirlo, Carrick, Busquets, Gerrard
LW - Cristiano, Ribery
RW - Di Maria, Robben
AM - Iniesta, Rooney, Ozil
Striker - Robin van Persie, Messi, Falcao, Suarez (@#%&!)

That's my list of 'world class' players, depending on the tactics and formations they will be used. All are from the top of my head, might have missed a few/many.
Some choices up for debate, always will be. But I like your premise/criteria.

Unread 27-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Blagger

Thumbs down

£#%&!ing hell deepers has £#%&!ed it here, the @#%&!.

Unread 27-02-2013, 05:57 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
£#%&!ing hell deepers has £#%&!ed it here, the @#%&!.
ffs

Unread 27-02-2013, 06:01 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Di Maria, Robben, Ribery.

So basically those three players on the same level as Ronaldo then? :shakehead:

Like i said in the other thread, "World Class" should be a player who can walk into ANY team. Half the ones mentioned wouldn't.

Gerrard! Evra, Alba, Ramos. :shakehead:

Unread 27-02-2013, 06:05 PM
nasss

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Like i said in the other thread, "World Class" should be a player who can walk into ANY team. Half the ones mentioned wouldn't.

no you silly @#%&! that would be called 'ronaldo class'. ronaldo this ronaldo that with you.

This is world class. It means you are one of the best in the world.

Unread 27-02-2013, 06:07 PM
sullerz

Can I just add - you can't do it on ability.

I.e - Ibrahimovic might have World-Class ability, but if he's not performing to a World-Class standard, he's simply not World-Class.

World-Class.

Unread 27-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullerz
Can I just add - you can't do it on ability.

I.e - Ibrahimovic might have World-Class ability, but if he's not performing to a World-Class standard, he's simply not World-Class.

World-Class.
but what if he puts in a world class performance? i.e. against england? that goal was a worldy. ergo he is world class is he not?

Unread 27-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Out of the players I have named, only Messi and Cristiano are supreme. But at the same time, these are two players who we'll tell our kids about, like our parents told us about Best/Pele/Maradona.

As I said, you can't name only 2 players in your 'world class' list, cause football is a team sport and there have to be at least 11. But at the same time, you can name 2 players if your definition of 'World class' is different to mine (which it seems to be).

Unread 27-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Out of the players I have named, only Messi and Cristiano are supreme. But at the same time, these are two players who we'll tell our kids about, like our parents told us about Best/Pele/Maradona.

As I said, you can't name only 2 players in your 'world class' list, cause football is a team sport and there have to be at least 11. But at the same time, you can name 2 players if your definition of 'World class' is different to mine (which it seems to be).
excellent point.

i think a few on here are just warming up for their EDL rally pal

Unread 27-02-2013, 06:10 PM
sullerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
but what if he puts in a world class performance? i.e. against england? that goal was a worldy. ergo he is world class is he not?
Not unless that's a typical performance of his.

Goal was World-Class. Player isn't unless he performs to that standard of World--Classness on a consistently World-Class basis.

World-Class.

Unread 27-02-2013, 06:13 PM
sullerz

You could also argue that World-Class only exists within the present.

So there has to be a World-Class player in each position for the notion of World-Class to even exist. Even if by comparison of a former-World-Class individual (or current World-Class in another position) you don't think he's World-Class.

World-Class.

Unread 27-02-2013, 06:17 PM
sullerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullerz
You could also argue that World-Class only exists within the present.

So there has to be a World-Class player in each position for the notion of World-Class to even exist. Even if by comparison of a former-World-Class individual (or current World-Class in another position) you don't think he's World-Class.

World-Class.
Also, by that rationale, you can't have more than one World-Class player in any position considered World-Class.

It's basically a World-Class 11.

A player can only beat what's in front of him () - if that doesn't strike you as emblematic of World-Class(ness) that's not the players fault.

I.e - say De Gae ends up the only potentially World-Class keeper in the next few years as the others retire, even if his ability/performance is only that of what it is now (not World-Class, currently) he's still World-Class. He'd be considered a World-Class keeper.
Closed Thread