United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-11-2021, 08:48 PM
Buck

This weekend is the perfect game to start him. He'll be fired up. Team mates just need to give him the ball more. The best dribbler in the squad and one of the best in Europe. Once he gets more minutes he'll be fine.

Unread 04-11-2021, 08:51 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Thanks for reminding me to stop my subscription.
I wouldn't have remembered to do so if you didn't mention it.
It's all thanks to you.
Thanks windy! Absolute top red

Unread 04-11-2021, 08:53 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
This weekend is the perfect game to start him. He'll be fired up. Team mates just need to give him the ball more. The best dribbler in the squad and one of the best in Europe. Once he gets more minutes he'll be fine.
Yeah but it's still gonna be mcfred

Unread 04-11-2021, 09:28 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
I wouldn't have remembered to do so if you didn't mention it
That I can believe

Unread 04-11-2021, 09:41 PM
Vedder

He has no room in a 352/532. Ole and the coaching staff are £#%&!ing clueless, this wasn’t the plan, in fact they have no plan clearly. We’re an embarrassment, an absolute £#%&!ing circus.

Unread 04-11-2021, 09:50 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
He has no room in a 352/532. Ole and the coaching staff are £#%&!ing clueless, this wasn’t the plan, in fact they have no plan clearly. We’re an embarrassment, an absolute £#%&!ing circus.
not so. ronaldo wasn't the plan. cavani is old. beyong short-term, we have rashford, greenwood and sancho to rotate in the front two. maybe martial as well. to play the way ole wants to play. makes perfect sense. it's just that sancho has been shit. he's not shit, but he has been shit.

Unread 04-11-2021, 11:14 PM
n48

He played in a team that was performing better in their league and in Europe than United. It's like VdBeek - neither were the standout players but we expect them to be world beaters instead of the reality that they're average league standard.

Unread 04-11-2021, 11:30 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
He played in a team that was performing better in their league and in Europe than United. It's like VdBeek - neither were the standout players but we expect them to be world beaters instead of the reality that they're average league standard.
Sancho was quite literally one of Dortmund’s standout players for 2 seasons...

Unread 05-11-2021, 12:00 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Sancho was one of german football's top players for 2 years. At 20 years of age

I wouldn't say they're average at all. They are very good players but unfortunately they're being deployed in a seriously dysfunctional team where it's very hard for anyone to look good right now.

It's no shock that the only player who is doing well for us at the moment is an all time great, dragging us along.

Our manager hasn't got the faintest clue how to get the best out of anyone right now, so Ronaldo is just doing it on his own back.

Unread 05-11-2021, 07:46 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
November and he's had 7 £#%&!ing games.

Mental. What in the £#%&! did we pay 70 million quid for then?

We have players turning in absolute mind blowingly shit performances every £#%&!ing week but they're first names on the £#%&!ing team sheet every game.

What the £#%&! is going on?

"Listen Jadon, I'm going to throw you into a EFL cup game with a load of players i've not bothered to start in about 4 months, and if you don't play well - I'm afraid that's it for you."

*4 mins of stoppage time left in a game we're losing.*

"Right Jadon, get ready i'm going to throw you on here now as a sort of desperate last ditch attempt to salvage something from yet another abysmal performance that i've overseen. If you don't at least score two I won't be picking you for another 2 months"
chased him for a year, don't know what to do with him.

United

Unread 05-11-2021, 08:42 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Sancho was quite literally one of Dortmund’s standout players for 2 seasons...
So was Mkhitaryan...

Says it all.

Said Sancho would be a flop and the most underwhelming transfer 'saga' and, sadly, its looking like I had a crystal ball.

Unread 05-11-2021, 08:53 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Sancho was one of german football's top players for 2 years. At 20 years of age

I wouldn't say they're average at all. They are very good players but unfortunately they're being deployed in a seriously dysfunctional team where it's very hard for anyone to look good right now.

It's no shock that the only player who is doing well for us at the moment is an all time great, dragging us along.

Our manager hasn't got the faintest clue how to get the best out of anyone right now, so Ronaldo is just doing it on his own back.
5 at the back now as he doesn't know what else to do

Unread 05-11-2021, 08:53 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
"United DNA..."

Unread 05-11-2021, 09:04 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
This is it innit. Makes things difficult for Sancho and Greenwood.

United are winging it, without wingers.

Unread 05-11-2021, 09:06 AM
n48

Timo Werner was outstanding too. Havertz and Ziyech whist some good moments haven't been stand out players in the league.

Unread 05-11-2021, 10:11 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Tell us you don't watch European football, without actually telling us you don't watch European football

Unread 05-11-2021, 11:02 AM
Ethers

He’s been utterly average so far.

It’s not about not being able to use him - he just hasn’t done anything on the pitch so far that justifies getting anywhere near the first 11. Hopefully that changes, but he’s about level with Lingard in the pecking order right now.

Unread 05-11-2021, 11:23 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He’s been utterly average so far.

It’s not about not being able to use him - he just hasn’t done anything on the pitch so far that justifies getting anywhere near the first 11. Hopefully that changes, but he’s about level with Lingard in the pecking order right now.
Neither has anyone else bar Ronaldo

Unread 05-11-2021, 11:44 AM
Ethers

Quote:
I don’t think that’s true pal. Fernandes, Greenwood and Cavani have all looked great at times (admittedly not often enough). Rashford hasn’t looked near his best, but still contributed a couple of goals.

It’s the defence and midfield that’s really been letting us down imo.

Unread 05-11-2021, 12:08 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Greenwood has been class. Rashford has come back and is averaging about 1 goal every 80 minutes. Fernandes has 4 goals and 8 assists in 14 games. Even Lingard has scored twice this season in less than 80 minutes on the pitch.

Sancho hasn't had the best start. He's young and finding his way, looking a bit better every time he plays. He'll be fine.
Closed Thread