United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 08-08-2023, 07:42 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
he is better than their current keeper and also our one.
Wanna bet?

Quick Ivan Toney impression for you there, seeing Brentford were mentioned.

Unread 09-08-2023, 10:05 AM
Dr Stranger

Marlo if we signed Raya instead of Onana:

“We had the chance to sign a champions league finalist keeper and we end up buying Brentford’s keeper on the cheap”

Unread 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM
Parlabane

Unread 09-08-2023, 10:27 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

“We had the chance to sign a champions league finalist keeper and we end up buying Brentford’s keeper on the cheap”
Exactly

Similar if PSG get Hojlund and we bought the experienced striker ‘United doing what they always do and buying the expensive forward that’s finished instead of the young potential, we’re going to lose every game, it’s ETH, he’s shit’

Unread 09-08-2023, 10:29 AM
windy waffles

Would genuinely love to know what it would take marlo to be happy with United.

Unread 09-08-2023, 10:30 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

nope we need a steady keeper not a trendy playing out from the back one. I’ve always said that.

I would have even signed a keeper this window as it’s goals we need.

Someone you play football in theory not reality.

We need goals. We will struggle badly because we don’t score or pose enough of a threat.

Unread 09-08-2023, 10:31 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Iirc, he’d rather we stopped signing players from Eredivisie and started signing playing from Ligue 1.

Unread 09-08-2023, 10:32 AM
wiganste

Something happens which is good - marlo says it's bad
Something happens which is bad - marlo says it's good.

rinse and repeat

Unread 09-08-2023, 10:33 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Antony replaced by a player than actually scores and assists regularly
Mason mount returned to Chelsea money used to buy another forward.
Malacia sold and a adequate lb cover brought in
A striker 27-32 years old that can be relied upon to score goals
A defensive midfielder to sit with casimero in the start 11 given Bruno license do what he wants.

A DOF brought in so ETH isn’t allowed to identify any of his shit targets. Desperately.

Unread 09-08-2023, 10:35 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
A defensive midfielder to sit with casimero in the start 11 given Bruno license do what he wants.

A DOF brought in so ETH isn’t allowed to identify any of his shit targets. Desperately.
Agree with most of those points tbf.

Send Mount back? this isn't amazon prime unfortunately though pal.

Unread 09-08-2023, 10:37 AM
NedKelly

“I want a refund”

Unread 09-08-2023, 10:40 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

No worries then. That's only about, what, 400-500 million quids worth of players in today's market you've identified there. As i'm sure you know, United are absolutely loaded at the moment and can just spend what they like which is pretty good.

27 year old strikers that score loads of goals are just falling out of the sky at the moment as well. And a right winger that scores and assists? Not to worry, i'm sure we can just magic one right up.

Unread 09-08-2023, 11:00 AM
vanpalm87

Linked with Tapsoba of Leverkusen.

Nope no idea.

Unread 09-08-2023, 11:05 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No worries then. That's only about, what, 400-500 million quids worth of players in today's market you've identified there. As i'm sure you know, United are absolutely loaded at the moment and can just spend what they like which is pretty good.

27 year old strikers that score loads of goals are just falling out of the sky at the moment as well. And a right winger that scores and assists? Not to worry, i'm sure we can just magic one right up.
He talks absolute %@#$&!s and all because he decided last summer that Erik was on ‘Fraud Watch’, spent all season telling us we wouldn’t get top 4 and was shown up horribly, and is now desperate to somehow prove himself right

Unread 10-08-2023, 08:27 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
nope we need a steady keeper not a trendy playing out from the back one. I’ve always said that.

I would have even signed a keeper this window as it’s goals we need.

Someone you play football in theory not reality.

We need goals. We will struggle badly because we don’t score or pose enough of a threat.
Not sure it’s ‘trendy’ mate. It’s absolutely fundamental to how ETH wants to play. City and Liverpool both bought ‘trendy’ keepers too where a priority was being comfortable on the ball.

Also, Raya is no more ‘steady’ than Onana.

You haven’t praised a single signing that ETH has made, so I seriously doubt that would have started with Brentford’s keeper.

Unread 10-08-2023, 09:27 AM
jem

Quote:

those of you who think muscles is just whining and wumming should understand that this is a perfectly solid and reasonable post.

when greenwood is fit, antony will sit.
mount is largely pointless.
we could do with a more experienced cf. hope martial stays fit, but we need a big horse that can actually score.
dm is 10h's target also... hence amrabat (and lavia) links.

if you think we couldn't have bought a competent cf for the mount money, you haven't been watching everyone else. we could have got by with pellistri, eriksen, sancho, etc. we need goals, not pressing.

if money is actually tight, mount was a waste of it.

Unread 10-08-2023, 09:30 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
those of you who think muscles is just whining and wumming should understand that this is a perfectly solid and reasonable post.

we could do with a more experienced cf. hope martial stays fit, but we need a big horse that can actually score.

if you think we couldn't have bought a competent cf for the mount money, you haven't been watching everyone else. we could have got by with pellistri, eriksen, sancho, etc. we need goals, not pressing.

Any criticism of Mount is not reasonable or solid when he's not even played a competitive game for us yet.

Unread 10-08-2023, 09:43 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Any criticism of Mount is not reasonable or solid when he's not even played a competitive game for us yet.
ffs. yes, it is. he's not some random unknown. we know how good he is and what he does. and it's not criticism of him, per se, but an acknowledgement that he should not have been a priority unless a lot better than he is. mount on a free, no complaints. mount instead of a cf, dm or cb? gtfo. he's just another warm body.

Unread 10-08-2023, 09:44 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

What's this, tag team wumming? Embarrassing.

Basically, we should've brought Bellingham in and approached City for Haaland, right? Its on EtH that he's just let this happen.

If we'd have bought Raya, the wum would say we should've bought Onana. If we didn't buy Mount and he'd have gone to Liverpool, the wum would say its a travesty that we didn't go for him.

I think I'll go with the guy who's won us a trophy and finished 3rd in his first season over two terrible wums. Grow up ffs.

Unread 10-08-2023, 09:58 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Struggling to disagree with any of that. But I’m not sure subjecting the forum to water torture at every opportunity is the best way of getting some of your reasonable points across.

A DOF to support ETH and perhaps direct his tunnel vision away from the edivisie would be helpful. Antony frustrates the life out of me but we need to see what he’s got this season. Sancho is at least equal if not more infuriating - principally, because he should be a brilliant player but isn’t. A dependable striker is the big missing link for me. Can’t believe we’re starting the season with £#%&!ing Martial and greenwood still on the books.

Mount is the most underwhelming big signing we’ve had since, well, Antony. But again, ETH knows the player and for reasons best known to himself, admires him so let’s wait and see what he delivers before condemning him.

In summary, I’m the least excited I’ve been for the season in a fair while. But having a low bar isn’t a bad thing.