United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I've been banging it for 15 years, pol. Loud and proud, Utd > England.

Your points weren't worth addressing, tbh. Top goalscorer awards mean £#%&! all. Miroslaverage Klose could potentially become the greatest World Cup goalscorer of all time, ffs.

The England TEAM have achieved nothing on the international stage for half a century, therefore it's no surprise when they fail. It's vvg2c, too.
You said they haven't made an impression - not that they haven't achieved.

I'm sure somewhere underneath this tiresome militant student act is a nice bloke dying to get out but your insistence on every argument being 'black and white' is just tiring. No grey area.

You go on like you were sat front row at wembley in 1966, like you got some extra insight other than the grainy video footage we've all seen 101 times. You're a 24 carat gold tryhard son. And I know because I used to be the same in my 20s as well before I realised that having a personality was more than just aligning myself with a particular view or opinion and shouting it as loud as possible whilst ignoring all others to the contrary.

In a few years when you mellow the £#%&! out, get rid of that stupid 'anarchy' avatar and grow the £#%&! up, you might be worth having a convo with.

Unread 20-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

I'm sure somewhere underneath this tiresome militant student act is a nice bloke dying to get out but your insistence on every argument being 'black and white' is just tiring. No grey area.

You go on like you were sat front row at wembley in 1966, like you got some extra insight other than the grainy video footage we've all seen 101 times. You're a 24 carat gold tryhard son. And I know because I used to be the same in my 20s as well before I realised that having a personality was more than just aligning myself with a particular view or opinion and shouting it as loud as possible whilst ignoring all others to the contrary.

In a few years when you mellow the £#%&! out, get rid of that stupid 'anarchy' avatar and grow the £#%&! up, you might be worth having a convo with.
England, LoL.

Unread 20-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:

Men against Boys there, poor Neo. Owned like a vandal being skewered by Russell Crowe's Maximus, an allegory for the US death squads in El Salvadorzzzzzzzzzzzz

Unread 20-06-2014, 10:54 PM
rustling jimmies

Quote:

Unread 20-06-2014, 11:04 PM
MUFC One Love

Genuinely sniggered when Gerrard headed it to Suarez for their second goal last night. I just don't care about them, and before sparky and ginners start with the "top red" shit it's nowt to do with that, I just can't get behind them. Everthing about the team, fans and the journalists is embarrassing.

Unread 20-06-2014, 11:08 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Genuinely sniggered when Gerrard headed it to Suarez for their second goal last night. I just don't care about them, and before sparky and ginners start with the "top red" shit it's nowt to do with that, I just can't get behind them. Everthing about the team, fans and the journalists is embarrassing.
This.

I don't WANT to not like them. ..They just make it so easy.

Unread 20-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Fair enough. Nobody says you have to like England but people seem to want to out-do each other with anti-england rubbish, it gets almost as tedious as the pro-england brigade tbh.

People also seem to confuse 'getting behind your team' with 'thinking they're going to win it'. Which is just #@&%!ed. I don't remember one person in the media or anywhere who thought england were even remotely equipped to win the £#%&!ing world cup.

Unread 20-06-2014, 11:25 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Fair enough. Nobody says you have to like England but people seem to want to out-do each other with anti-england rubbish, it gets almost as tedious as the pro-england brigade tbh.

People also seem to confuse 'getting behind your team' with 'thinking they're going to win it'. Which is just #@&%!ed. I don't remember one person in the media or anywhere who thought england were even remotely equipped to win the £#%&!ing world cup.
Tbh Sparkles united fans have a bigger gripe than most about the England national team due to how it's lack of success is ALWAYS spun by the press as United's fault

Before a ball was kicked in the tournament I told the sito Rooney would be at fault if they didn't play well and even he admitted today Gerard had been dogshit, but every red top harped on about the goals Rooney should have scored.

Unread 20-06-2014, 11:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

This is true, but it also makes 2014 pretty much unique in my lifetime.

Unread 20-06-2014, 11:43 PM
TheKitchenSink

Don't really go along with the Premier League being hugely detrimental to England tbh. All eleven players on the pitch play regularly for their teams in the PL and should gain massive experience from competing against various players and managers with different cultural ideologies and styles.

The issue, imo, is at grassroots level. Our players are poor because they are missing a key aspect of the game, the ability to think ahead of the game rather than play reactively.

You could see it against Italy and Uruguay - the players were not thinking ahead, they were reacting as and when they received the ball. Watch most nations and their players are always attempting to think at least one step ahead, they will know where their team mates are and what they want to do with the ball before they receive it. Our players don't have a clue. They get the ball and only then start working out where they want to play it or where they are going to run. It's a mindset which puts us a step behind our opponents as soon as we kick off.

Until youngsters are taught to play proactively we will continue to struggle. There is genuine talent in the England team and they benefit from playing in a diverse, popular league. The problem is a mental slowness, imo, which leads to panic on the ball. It's noticeable how few English players ply their trade in foreign leagues, and I think a large part of it is down to this lack of on-pitch intelligence which puts managers abroad off English players (not to mention the ridiculous premium they command).

Unread 20-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Tbh Sparkles united fans have a bigger gripe than most about the England national team due to how it's lack of success is ALWAYS spun by the press as United's fault

Before a ball was kicked in the tournament I told the sito Rooney would be at fault if they didn't play well and even he admitted today Gerard had been dogshit, but every red top harped on about the goals Rooney should have scored.
You're right, it does annoy me somewhat and I posted on here about it the other day. You should stop confusing the tabloids with actual sports papers. They're more interested in hype, celebrity and tittle tattle - it just so happens football is the perfect vehicle for all of this now. Their obsession with Rooney is 24/7, 365. It's not just regarding England. Every move he makes for United is scrutinised.

Unread 20-06-2014, 11:49 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
This is true, but it also makes 2014 pretty much unique in my lifetime.
Correct. It's finally dawned on them after nearly 50 years of failure that England is a footballing backwater where international tournaments are concerned.

Unread 21-06-2014, 12:08 AM
ChairmanMao

The biggest problem for England is the media and the shitty fans from no mark clubs that clog up message boards when the tournaments come round.

Carrick is considered not England class by the masses, yet he's been an integral part of a midfield that reached 3 CL finals in 4 years and has won almost as many trophies as the rest of the midfield contenders combined. Rooney is shit on by all and sundry, yet even in United's worst season for 25 years he still scored only 4 less than Sturridge in the league and in body of work terms, Sturridge, Lambert et al aren't even in the same universe.

Gerrard has been shite at major tournaments even when he was in his pomp, like when he £#%&!ed up a win over France with 2 glaring errors in stoppage time on in Euro 2004. Yet there has never been anywhere near the witch hunt that Rooney had for missing one snap shot against Italy this time round.

I want to like England, but I see other fans around the world having fun enjoying the tournament, and England fans are always helmets from some shitty hamlet in the arse end of nowhere dressed as £#%&!ing crusaders or some other militaristic shite.

Like somebody else said the last time they entertained me was 1996, Should never have binned off Venables

I'll support England in so much as I am English but the press and fans make it very hard.

Unread 21-06-2014, 12:08 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

most of it is down to the number of qualified coaches at youth level - unless you are picked up by an elite team you are likely to never have been coached by anyone remotely qualified to do the job. most of the kids who get picked up tend to be the ones who have physically matured quicker then their contemporaries, and it's next to impossible to break in at 13/14/15 because you've never had any decent coaching and round and round it goes.

I don't know what the youth participation rates are compared to other euro nations, but I'd imagine it doesn't compare well and those that are playing are mostly coached by knownowt dads who might have done the fa stage 1 junior coach course, which barely cover the very, very basics.

The whole set up is a shambles compared to germany, which is the only other one I've had any experience of.

Unread 21-06-2014, 01:00 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:

He's about 31 mate

Unread 21-06-2014, 01:04 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mathers
This is the heart of the matter
England has the fewest coaches of the leading European nations and is the most expensive place to get your badges
If those dopey @#%&!s at the FA want to win a World Cup they should target 2034 and start training coaches
Small people, small pitches, small goals and small footballs. No fixed positions, no eleven a side just concentrate on touch, technique, and understanding space
That is all
This is worrying to say the least (from 2010):

Only 2,769 English coaches hold Uefa's B, A and Pro badges - Spain has 23,995, Italy 29,420 and Germany 34,790.

Unread 21-06-2014, 01:06 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
He's about 31 mate

Unread 21-06-2014, 01:07 AM
taff

hoddle on itv now begging lampard and gerrard to extend their england careers

Unread 21-06-2014, 01:10 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
He's about 31 mate
No.

Unread 21-06-2014, 01:11 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Maybe it's early-to-mid-life crisis after being a nerd lifer .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
No.
Did I get it wrong? Are you 35...£#%&! me even worse
Closed Thread