United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-03-2007, 11:55 PM
TreeFiddy

Default I used to be good at football when I was a kid

but I've not reached my potential at all. Every game I show some flashes of brilliance, of what could have been, but then I'll £#%&! up the shot or do something silly. Realising that you never reached your potential is painful. I can't be arsed to play any more. I want to play the game the same way I see it played professionally, but no other @#%&! understands how to do the simple things. Gutted.

Unread 14-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
but I've not reached my potential at all. Every game I show some flashes of brilliance, of what could have been, but then I'll £#%&! up the shot or do something silly. Realising that you never reached your potential is painful. I can't be arsed to play any more. I want to play the game the same way I see it played professionally, but no other @#%&! understands how to do the simple things. Gutted.
I know. How £#%&!ing hard is it for the full backs to show for the ball. And then if the strikers go with them, the centre backs to ask for it

Unread 14-03-2007, 11:58 PM
tatty

Played 3 games a week until the age of 28 or so when work started taking over. The fitness I had has now been replaced by furred arteries and a fear of stairs.

I'm only 34 and the lads should be saying things like "you never lose it" about me rather than "go on fatboy, roll yourself to the bar".

Unread 14-03-2007, 11:58 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
I know. How £#%&!ing hard is it for the full backs to show for the ball. And then if the strikers go with them, the centre backs to ask for it

Seems there is a few of us.

Never give up boys.

Unread 15-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Seems there is a few of us.

Never give up boys.
I can and do win headers from the goal kick but how I love playing football, getting it from the full back, switching the play, quick one two.
When I tell the full backs, it's as though they want to con the forwards, oh I cant go now, he knows, go when he's not looking.
GO £#%&!ING NOW YOU @#%&! AND GIVE US SOME ROOM!

Unread 15-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Brenner

keep playing as long as you can fella's - you'll miss it like £#%&! when you can't turn out anymore

I had to pack in because of injury when I was 29

Unread 15-03-2007, 12:04 AM
MakeBelieve

I used to be like Maradona but then grew about 3 foot taller in a year and my centre of gravity went to £#%&!

Unread 15-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Zorg

I was a superb player at primary age, then went to shit street comprehensive and got elbowed out by all these greedy little shits trying to take it round the entire team and shoot from corners. Didn't play for a few years after that.

I'm still pretty useful though and reckon I could have made it at lower non-league level had I been more committed.

Unread 15-03-2007, 12:05 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
My post was about 5 a side since I played tonight but your point is still valid. Is it so difficult to play the ball to the man in space? Give it back, give it wide, check your run, just find the £#%&!ing spare man and keep the ball. No no no. Instead, you have people that need to take on a man and sprint full pelt down the wing with no one in support. @#%&!s. They probably play this way because they support shite teams and watch crap football every week. Or worse, they don't even watch football.

Unread 15-03-2007, 12:09 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
keep playing as long as you can fella's - you'll miss it like £#%&! when you can't turn out anymore

But I'll be 19 soon and I feel like my time has already come when I can't turn out any more. I'm terribly unfit and I just want to be able to turn up and play but I find myself dying after a few runs. Still, I scored a £#%&!ing magical goal today and I turned the defenders a few times like they weren't there...but then I often screwed it wide. My favourite part of playing 5 a side at the moment is when some @#%&! on the other team decides to hold the ball up in the corner. I love coming storming in and taking the ball, whilst smashing him into the fences.

Unread 15-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
My post was about 5 a side since I played tonight but your point is still valid. Is it so difficult to play the ball to the man in space? Give it back, give it wide, check your run, just find the £#%&!ing spare man and keep the ball. No no no. Instead, you have people that need to take on a man and sprint full pelt down the wing with no one in support. @#%&!s. They probably play this way because they support shite teams and watch crap football every week. Or worse, they don't even watch football.

You can tell if anyone is a good player from there very first touch-do they look up or do they just have there head down.

Football is a simple game.

Unread 15-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Sorry to hear it mate.

Heard you were a decent keeper in your time.

As you say, you don't realise what you've got til its gone.

Unread 15-03-2007, 12:14 AM
Rhodzy

I have a great footballing brain, was always the best passer in the team, haven't played much since I was 16 though.

Unread 15-03-2007, 12:14 AM
Brenner

Quote:
Sorry to hear it mate.

Heard you were a decent keeper in your time.

As you say, you don't realise what you've got til its gone.
keeper?? I played up front mate

Unread 15-03-2007, 12:15 AM
Sparky***

I used to play twice a week up until about a year ago. Then I fell off my scooter, £#%&!ed my knee up and haven't kicked a ball since. I've also put on about a stone. Desperately need to start up again, but its gonna be grim.

Unread 15-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
keeper?? I played up front mate

Shit yeh, Grimson is the keeper.

Did pure ever get you to play for his sunday side?

Unread 15-03-2007, 12:20 AM
Brenner

Quote:

Did pure ever get you to play for his sunday side?
No - haven't played competitively since Jan 2000 when i played my last game in The Conference for Altrincham

Going to watch his team on Sunday though

Unread 15-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Funnily enough, I haven't gone in goal for almost exactly 12 years, but I'm meant to on Monday night. Just a shit little 8v8 league, a friend of mine has turned out for years and finally talked me into it. I find myself looking forward to it. We had two training sessions and I didn't feel particularly rusty, but then again my team all shoot like girls.

Unread 15-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
No - haven't played competitively since Jan 2000 when i played my last game in The Conference for Altrincham

Going to watch his team on Sunday though

Do you know many of the current team at Alty?

Was the current manager there then?

He's a bit of a #@&%! from what I know of him.

Watching sunday football is the ultimate punishment

Unread 15-03-2007, 12:32 AM
MUFC One Love

People don't realise football is a simple game, a lot of people think they're good, and others rate other players when really they're not, course they might do the odd good run but they can't see simple passes or simple movement. If you've got a good football brain and play the game simple you're an asset to any team. It's so £#%&!ing frustrating when people just don't understand basic things.
Closed Thread