United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-04-2019, 08:41 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I always find these comparisons incredibly lazy. A player's trajectory isn't in some linear line.

Kane is an example only because he was virtually unknown at that point. Here's what the BBC published after the 2014 WC as the predicted England team in 2018 - obviously some were never going to make it in four years time but it is interesting the England captain and best player did not get a mention. No one saw his rise coming.

I never said Rashford's natural trajectory will see him surpass Kane. Hence why I said his development doesn't stop here. It's just a fact that he is way ahead at this point and for that reason we need to take a step back and remember that rather than make judgements already.

Unread 29-04-2019, 08:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Reminding ourselves how young players are is definitely relevant. Ronaldo stalled for a year or two at around 20 and people developed concerns. You need to keep that wider perspective. Rashford has so much time to grow. Plus six weeks ago everyone was all over him.

Unread 29-04-2019, 08:45 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Kane is an example only because he was virtually unknown at that point. Here's what the BBC published after the 2014 WC as the predicted England team in 2018 - obviously some were never going to make it in four years time but it is interesting the England captain and best player did not get a mention. No one saw his rise coming.

I never said Rashford's natural trajectory will see him surpass Kane. Hence why I said his development doesn't stop here. It's just a fact that he is way ahead at this point and for that reason we need to take a step back and remember that rather than make judgements already.
It means little, really.

He has a lot to do.

Unread 29-04-2019, 11:04 PM
AK14

Quote:

State of those lineups

Jack ducking Rodwell

Unread 29-04-2019, 11:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Reminding ourselves how young players are is definitely relevant. Ronaldo stalled for a year or two at around 20 and people developed concerns. You need to keep that wider perspective. Rashford has so much time to grow. Plus six weeks ago everyone was all over him.
True enuff, the "no end product show pony" thing was quite in vogue come the winter of 2005/06.

Unread 29-04-2019, 11:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

These two

Sagetastic, rashford is red

Unread 29-04-2019, 11:16 PM
tatty

Who is/was Roberts?

The only one i'm aware of is Graham and i'm sure he's already been capped by England.

Unread 29-04-2019, 11:21 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Who is/was Roberts?

The only one i'm aware of is Graham and i'm sure he's already been capped by England.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Roberts

Unread 29-04-2019, 11:29 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:

Unread 30-04-2019, 09:04 AM
The Return of Tim

They were spot on with Henderson though. What an absolutely dominant powerhouse he's turned out to be.

Thanks

Unread 30-04-2019, 09:14 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of Tim
They were spot on with Henderson though. What an absolutely dominant powerhouse he's turned out to be.

Thanks
£#%&! off you Scouse @#%&!.

Too obvious.

Unread 30-04-2019, 09:15 AM
The Return of Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
£#%&! off you Scouse @#%&!.

Too obvious.
I hate Liverpool more than you. But I still know a good player / team when I see one.

Thanks

Unread 30-04-2019, 09:16 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
I hate Liverpool more than you. But I still know a good player / team when I see one.

Thanks
You've posted a lot of Scouse shite over the past few days.

At least and be subtle.

No need to thank me.

Unread 30-04-2019, 09:39 AM
dunk

Quote:

Thanks
What?

Unread 30-04-2019, 08:32 PM
Pink Jim

What happened with the big showdown? Best thread I've read on here.

Unread 01-05-2019, 07:32 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jim
What happened with the big showdown? Best thread I've read on here.
The one between the superstar rockstar currently on a world tour and the lad who lives in India? Don't think it happened in the end.

Unread 01-05-2019, 08:25 AM
messhead

Let's keep it on topic guys no need to derail threads.

Unread 01-05-2019, 09:10 PM
Pink Jim

Was it not you that helped derail it in the first place?

Unread 01-05-2019, 11:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
You can't say that

Unread 01-05-2019, 11:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Very good point imo.
Closed Thread