United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-03-2007, 03:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
We may lose Rooney and Ronaldo as well.
I think that would come down to how successful we were and how bright the future was looking at the time. Certainly if Queiroz takes over (I think Fergie wants him in) then Ronaldo's position would be no less secure. I'm pretty sure Rooney wants to stay here for the rest of his career.

I like to think that even if Fergie can be a factor in players coming, once they are here and see what the club is all about - they realise what a great place to be it is. Patrice Evra is a good example of a guy who clearly understands how lucky he is.

I think the club is too big for players to be wanting to follow managers out when they leave. It's the kind of thing that will happen at Chelsea in the summer.

Unread 22-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
Why?

I'd much rather give him a few more seasons to tweak this side that's beginning to reach fruition.

The waters are still choppy,I wouldn't want any other captain steering the ship than Fergie.
What this good looking chap said.

Unread 22-03-2007, 03:37 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Brown, - 24-25?

I think Wesley's 28. He'll have retired before you know it. If he's 24 he was playiing champs league at 16

Unread 22-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I can remember rumours of Ferguson, Giggs and Ince going to Inter Milan in 1992/3ish.

A much more plausable story was the straight swap of Fergie for Venables after the 1996 FA Cup Final debacle.

I said it at the time and I still maintain now that Ferguson should have left after the treble as his reputation could only be tarnished by staying on.
Only in the eyes of the shallow.

And anyway, he went on to become the first manager in English football history to win the League title 3 years in a row.

If you think that tarnished his reputation then there really is no hope!

Unread 22-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Red Rum

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
No, he shouldn't. If nothing else, there's no one better to take his place. As long as he has the hunger and desire for the job, there's no one better to lead United.
Closed Thread