United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-03-2007, 07:19 PM
shyteds

Default Football memorabilia. What have you got?

The likely stuff ticket stubs and programs. Which do you treasure the most?

For me my 1985 cup final ticket and Rotterdam in 1991 ticket.
Also my Celtic away this season has a strange attraction for me.

My neighbour is a collector of all United & City programs and has nearly every one including youth and Manchester cup programs. Worth a fortune.
He has got match worn shirts by The Great Dane, the white and gold away shirt Roy Keane. You can tell it the match worn as it is not reversible.
He’s got a long sleeved Ole 20 shirt and Becks 1998 England shirt and a Treble season home shirt. He also has the last match shirt worn by Marc Vivien Foe.

I’m hoping to buy the Ole shirt off him. I need to get a few more beers down his neck.

Unread 22-03-2007, 07:25 PM
1MUFC

I haven’t kept anything but my keane testimonial ticket. I did have a shirt from the early 90s late 80s but don’t know where it is now. Other than that, a couple of us kept a piece of old carpet when we had a new one in the living room for sentimental reasons

Unread 22-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Argentina

3 European Cup 1999 Final programmes.
Programme from he first game after Munich
Programme from the last home game before Munich
And another one from soon after Munich

Unread 22-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Cantona's collar

Ive got a centenary shirt signed by Fergie, Bobby Charlton, Norman Whiteside and Viv Anderson, a History of United book signed by Alex Stepney, Martin Buchan and Robbo.
Ive also got a limited edition print of a painting of Beckham signed by Beckham.
Also still got a 99 european cup final program, a copy of the Mirror from the morning after we had won the European cup in 99 as well as the MEN season review of that year too.

Unread 22-03-2007, 07:29 PM
fergieslovechild

1968 Euro cup win programme plus the ticket stub (my dads) I've got the same for 1999, that's got to be a good combo.

I've got the ecwc 91 stub not sure if I got a programme.

I've also got about 20 United away programmes from the early 60's.

Unread 22-03-2007, 07:30 PM
class of 68

an original 1968 European Cup Winners scarf red fabric with pencil thin white lines and a European Cup printed at the end and a list of all United honours to that date. rare as £#%&!, though they did reissuses in the '70's but printed Union Jacks each side of the Cup. Glad they did that so it makes it obvious which is the orginal.

oh and a piece of turf from OT now dried out and looks like some ganja.
I got that off the pitch last home game 1971/72 (vs. so'ton or stoke I think) when I and many others went on the pitch at the end of the game as was the norm back then. (I found this in a box of United stuff I had from my childhood, totally forgot I had it t.b.h. weird I kept it all those years)

Unread 22-03-2007, 07:31 PM
shyteds

Almost forgot the board that used to be above the K stand, little white board with a red letter K on it and £3.40 board which use to be below it..

And signed copy of the Old Trafford Blues by Martin Buchan.

Unread 22-03-2007, 07:34 PM
wee man

1968 European Cup Final Programme signed "Best wishes to ????? George Best". My pride and joy. Never forget.

Unread 22-03-2007, 07:37 PM
shyteds

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
1968 European Cup Final Programme signed "Best wishes to ????? George Best". My pride and joy. Never forget.

Will that go in the coffin with you wee man or handed down as a family heirloom?

Unread 22-03-2007, 07:38 PM
1MUFC

Wee man will go out in a puff of smoke

Unread 22-03-2007, 07:39 PM
shadowplay

I've got quite a bit of memorabilia from over the years, but my most prized piece would have to be my limited edition, gold plated, leather bound album collection of cards from the 99 season.

Think there was only a few thousand sold, and one card, one which was only made a few hundred times, is signed by Mr Beckham.

Love the thing.

Unread 22-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Brenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
3 European Cup 1999 Final programmes.
Programme from he first game after Munich
Programme from the last home game before Munich
And another one from soon after Munich
bet they're worth a few quid

I've got a framed signed photo of Giggsy & Andy Cole in The Colisseum in Rome

A ball signed by all United's England players at the time (The Neville's, Scholesy, Teddy, Beckham, Butt)

Loads of programmes, including 1966 World Cup Final that my Grandad gave me before he died. Euro Championship progs and World Cup progs aswell (My father-in-law works for the BBC)

Olympic/Commonwealth Games programmes

Cantona Video signed on the cover by Eric as I waited outside The Cliff for him after training one day

Ticket stubs from most of the games I've been to since the early 80's

Rep of Ireland shirt signed by the 1994 USA World Cup squad

Will pass them all on to my son one day probably

Unread 22-03-2007, 07:51 PM
M-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
I have 2 signed George Best photos, one is a personal best wishes to also.

Unread 22-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Wez

I have Bill Foulkes, Bryan Robson, Roy Keane, Sir Alex's autograph's
Several signed United shirts, full team from this season (including Larrsons), nicky butt and my pride and joy 1999 Euro Cup Final shirt signed by Ole

Also have Joe Corrigans keepers top (somewhere) from when he played for England, with the full teams signatures, its the actual top from the game where he broke his nose, still has the blood on it

Unread 22-03-2007, 07:59 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyteds
Will that go in the coffin with you wee man or handed down as a family heirloom?
heirloom - and I know my daughters wouldn't sell it on. Further down the line - who knows.

Unread 22-03-2007, 08:07 PM
naes_sean

I've got a painting print of George Best next to the Euro Cup.
signed by Best, sir Matt, Charlton, Kidd, Foulkes and a couple I can't make out.

1995 Team photo signed by squad

painting print of Beckham's shot against spurs in 1999. Signed by the squad

print painting of Dennis law signed.

My first united shirt. Written on it: To Sean Best Wishes Bryan Robson #7

signed shirt by Teddy

signed shirt by Nicky Butt

The programme against Shef wednesday 1958 after munich. Team name left blank.

Got some more, those are my favs

Unread 22-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Zorg

A mint condition brochure from 1957 signed by all of the Babes. Worth a few grand. It's actually my dad's but it's on my shelf at the moment.

Also programmes from various Cup Finals, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1994.

I washed my Rotterdam ticket

Unread 22-03-2007, 08:44 PM
MrBishi

A steward's seat from Villa Park '02 is about the best I can claim.

Unread 22-03-2007, 09:20 PM
acanofcant

Loads of stuff over the years most prized possession is Gordon Strachan,s shirt after going on the pitch 85 semi against liverpool, met him in a club in Alderly Edge in 89 sat with him for most of the night and the cheeky @#%&! asked for it back.

Unread 22-03-2007, 11:23 PM
denis lawless

got quite a few bits

amongst others......

Signed picture of the last Babes line up by Sir Matt Busby

Signed Sportsmans dinner menu by Georgie Best

Juve signed shirt

various unique signed marquetry pictures of Eric, Alex and Kiddo, Ole, Becks, Keano and the Lawman
Closed Thread