United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:12 PM
wonky no

Default what a player we have

in evans.

For all the hype and discussion about valencia, nani, anderson and ronaldo. one man who has not got anywhere near as much praise as he should id Evans, be it on here or in the media.

what he has produced is nothing short of immense, as if the seamless step up isn't enough he's played along side Rio when vida was out, vida when rio was out and Brown when they've both been out. i don't think we've ever had a player who adapts so brilliantly before.

rio used to struggle without vida and struggle with sylvestre. Brown struggled with different partners too. Today evans has come into a huge game against a so called unstoppable machine in chelsea with an attacking pair who are often referred to as the strongest in the league.

absolutely faultless display.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Big Norm

Default Re: what a player we have

3 years ago I went to Windsor Park to watch N Ireland play Spain in a World Cup qualifier. Evans was picked at left back, never played there before. He was immense, never gave Raul or Joaquin a kick the whole match. He was 19.

Everyone in N Ireland knows how good he is and apparently his younger brother Corey is even better!

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Switching Off

Top class.

Rio for me is the best centre back in the world, not seen a better footballer in that position since Baresi. Form is temporary, class is permanent remember.

Same for Vidic, having a bad time but he's not all of a sudden a bad player.

Evans at 21 or 22 is immense. To be that good at that age for a centre back is amazing. Another 12 or 13 years ahead of him at the top level.

Great dilemma for Fergie to have.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:23 PM
rafabio

In my opinion one of Rio and Vidic will leave this summer. It will be interesting to see which one gets the nod. Rio's back or vidic's wife.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
In my opinion one of Rio and Vidic will leave this summer. It will be interesting to see which one gets the nod. Rio's back or vidic's wife.
Wouldnt surprise me if Vidic left but only because of his wife. I tihnk you're reading too much in to all this paper talk (with all due respect). Its nonsense.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:26 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Wouldnt surprise me if Vidic left but only because of his wife. I tihnk you're reading too much in to all this paper talk (with all due respect). Its nonsense.
Agreed.

I do think Vidic will leave for what it's worth. And Fergie will let him leave because of how far Evans has come on. I thought we was made to reject Sunderland's £8m two years ago but fair play. Definitely worth keeping.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Agreed.

I do think Vidic will leave for what it's worth. And Fergie will let him leave because of how far Evans has come on. I thought we was made to reject Sunderland's £8m two years ago but fair play. Definitely worth keeping.
Oh, ive changed my mind now you think he'll leave. Nailed on.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:30 PM
rafabio

Quote:
I am not at all going by paper talk. I just gave wife as one of the reasons. I certainly think one of them will be off not only because of their problems but I don't think fergie can hold back evans much longer.

I certainly think evans is better than vidic even when both are on form.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
I am not at all going by paper talk. I just gave wife as one of the reasons. I certainly think one of them will be off not only because of their problems but I don't think fergie can hold back evans much longer.

I certainly think evans is better than vidic even when both are on form.
Maybe so, I wouldnt get rid of either unless Vidic really wanted to go.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:33 PM
rafabio

Quote:
my main reason for thinking that is that vidic and rio wouldn't settle for a place on bench. they would start in virtually every team across europe. its just our luck that we have evans coming through.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:34 PM
koppas

Quote:
That's the thing, I think he wants to go. Barcelona bound. NQOT. Wouldn't begrudge him the move, either. Been a good servant.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
That's the thing, I think he wants to go. Barcelona bound. NQOT. Wouldn't begrudge him the move, either. Been a good servant.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:55 PM
borsuk

evans is an amazing talent, got a lot stronger last season and has now added some good aggression to his game. really fast on the turn, aggressive in the tackle, great acceleration, dominant in the air. he must be a £#%&!ing nightmare to play against.

look at the way drogba's strength unsettles big strong players like vidic or carragher. today evans was manhandling him, drogba really didn't fancy the physical battle. tremendous stuff.

fletcher motm though.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:57 PM
thatsfuctit

Jonny Evans FUC

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Sandman

Thumbs up Re: what a player we have

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
evans is an amazing talent, got a lot stronger last season and has now added some good aggression to his game. really fast on the turn, aggressive in the tackle, great acceleration, dominant in the air. he must be a £#%&!ing nightmare to play against.

look at the way drogba's strength unsettles big strong players like vidic or carragher. today evans was manhandling him, drogba really didn't fancy the physical battle. tremendous stuff.

fletcher motm though.
I can't believe how good he's become.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:58 PM
The Mull

I thunked Johnny and BiG Bad Wesley were outstanding today.nft

Unread 08-11-2009, 08:00 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: what a player we have

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
drogba really didn't fancy the physical battle.
Getting kicked in the chest will do that to a man

Evans is magic. Be nice if he could play for an extended run without picking up an injury.

Unread 08-11-2009, 08:01 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
3 years ago I went to Windsor Park to watch N Ireland play Spain in a World Cup qualifier. Evans was picked at left back, never played there before. He was immense, never gave Raul or Joaquin a kick the whole match. He was 19.

Everyone in N Ireland knows how good he is and apparently his younger brother Corey is even better!
I remember that well mate. Torres even drifted wide a lot that night to try and get in to him. Wasn't fazed at all. I still didn't think he would come on so quickly mind. Remember posting on here at the time saying I didn't think he would do us long term.

Never been so pleased to be wrong.

Unread 08-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Redhod99

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
in evans.

For all the hype and discussion about valencia, nani, anderson and ronaldo. one man who has not got anywhere near as much praise as he should id Evans, be it on here or in the media.

what he has produced is nothing short of immense, as if the seamless step up isn't enough he's played along side Rio when vida was out, vida when rio was out and Brown when they've both been out. i don't think we've ever had a player who adapts so brilliantly before.

rio used to struggle without vida and struggle with sylvestre. Brown struggled with different partners too. Today evans has come into a huge game against a so called unstoppable machine in chelsea with an attacking pair who are often referred to as the strongest in the league.

absolutely faultless display.
He was immense today and didn't even break sweat.

Unread 08-11-2009, 08:23 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm

No he's not. A very limited player. And a totally different player, too.
Closed Thread