United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football Auto-Threads

Unread 15-06-2020, 05:21 AM
fred tissue

Default 'Protect the vulnerable': Marcus Rashford's open letter to MPs

I would be doing myself, my family and my community an injustice if I didn’t stand here today with my voice and my platform and ask you for help

To all MPs in parliament,

On a week that would have opened Euro 2020, I wanted to reflect back to 27 May 2016, when I stood in the middle of the Stadium of Light in Sunderland having just broken the record for the youngest player to score in his first senior international match. I watched the crowds waving their flags and fist-pumping the Three Lions on their shirts and I was overwhelmed with pride not only for myself but for all of those who had helped me reach this moment and achieve my dream of playing for the England national team.

Related: Fears for gambling frenzy as Premier League and Championship return

Related: 'This has to stop': Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford join calls for change

Continue reading...

More...