United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2014, 02:11 AM
Serenity Now

Talking An Open Letter to David Moyes

Dear Mr Moyes,

I have a very simple question for you: how long are you going to have the nerve to remain as manager of Everton FC?

I have watched Everton for 50 years and I can honestly say that the football we are currently being subjected to is the worst I have ever seen us play. This isn’t a new problem; we’ve been gradually on the slide since we lost the FA Cup final. You have sold any flair players we’ve had and have claimed it has been your decision to do so. Pienaar, Arteta, Yakubu (who apparently could have gone to West Ham for a reported 6 million pounds and then was sold for peanuts a few months later).

[...]

We hear that Barkley is something special but never see him. The style of football is so negative it is beyond belief. This club has a proud history and a reputation for playing attractive football. We didn’t get the nickname of ‘School of Science’ for no reason. The greatest centre forward that ever played the game played for Everton and we built a reputation around that position.The number nine shirt at Everton means something to fans of this club, we expect to have top class centre forwards on the pitch every week and not sat on the bench while we attempt to eke out a one nil win or even a nil nil draw. Nil Satis seems to have been thrown in the bin nowadays at Everton.

We play games with no strikers on the pitch, something we don’t see from any other team. I remember you saying that if you ever lose the fans you would leave the club. Well believe me, Mr Moyes, you are seriously losing the fans as the dwindling attendances show.

If Everton played football worth watching the ground would be full every game. We constantly hear that David Moyes has worked wonders with little money. Sorry but that doesn’t wash: when you have had money it’s been wasted. Kroldrup, Heitinga, Bilyaletdino all spring to mind. Paul Lambert at Norwich and Brendan Rodgers at Swansea are living proof that you don’t need bags of money to compete at this level; it’s not the players you have on the pitch but it’s the way you tell them to play the game.

Every team can play passing, attacking football no matter how much money they’ve spent; the two teams I mentioned prove it and believe me, they are both far more exciting to watch than David Moyes’ Everton. You have turned strikers like Beattie, Johnson and Yakubu from being top class goalscorers into ordinary players by asking them to play wide chasing hopeful long punts from the back. Sorry but that’s not a centre forwards job, you provide service to any striker and they will score goals.And the place where they are most effective is in the penalty area, not by the corner flag. It appears that you have decided that the Moyes way is the way Everton are going to play even though it’s clearly not working, over half the season gone and not a single performance to get excited about.

[...]

Sadly, it appears that our priority is to not lose games rather than to win them and it’s simply not good enough. We see your after match interviews and you constantly tell us that we have played well when it’s clear for all to see that we have not only not played well, but we’ve been absolutely woeful week after week. That is treating the fans that work hard to pay your wages like fools and they deserve better. How can you seriously expect people to keep putting their hands in their pockets to watch the dreadful anti football that you have Everton serving up every week?

The fans aren’t fools and they wont be treated that way as you are seeing by the numbers that are staying away. Even in our dark days when we were in relegation fights we did the one thing that your team doesn’t do, we played attacking football. It seems the only option we have for getting the ball forward now is the big hoof up the pitch and it’s not acceptable. Fans would accept results going against us if they were watching good football but take it from me, as much as it pains me to say it, Everton play the most awful football to watch in the league without a shadow of a doubt.

I honestly don't know how you have the nerve to stay at the club being paid an enormous salary and making no apparent effort to put things right or change the way we play. I can assure you that I take no pleasure whatsoever in writing this letter but it’s the only way I can let off steam because I’m watching your tactics slowly destroy my club and it hurts.

Ten years at the club and no trophies whatsoever says to me that you have outstayed your welcome. Please do the decent thing and make way for somebody who wants to give the fans good football and some hope. We don’t want our teams ambition to be to finish anywhere above 17th every year but that’s the impression that you give now. We’re sinking fast and its time for change…….please.

Les Olsen

http://www.sos1878.co.uk/everton-fan...o-david-moyes/

Unread 11-02-2014, 02:22 AM
Out Of Control

Talking Boom!

Some corking comments.

"Jeff.

£#%&! off. Seriously, just £#%&! off with this ‘who would do a better job?’ and ‘get behind the team’ shite. It’s £#%&!ing boring.

Moyes is absolutely clueless when it comes down to his tactics, and by not challenging these @#%&!s running the club over where the money is going after each player he sells, then for me he is just sitting there happy to take his wage every week.

That is £#%&!ing unforgivable and he’s showing himself to be just as bad as the board, not to mention the contempt he holds for this club’s support, who deserve much, much better than the shite we are currently being served up.

‘Who’d do a better job?’ I’ll tell you right now – Paul Lambert. Get him in and watch him transform this club’s style of play, because Moyes’ expiration date passed a very long time ago, perhaps 30th May 2009.

And never mind ‘support the team’, I’ve held a season ticket for nearly all of my life. My dad, an Evertonian of 50 years, refuses to grace Goodison these days until change is brought about – why should WE get behind the team when these @#%&!s are taking every single one of us for a ride?

£#%&!ing wake up, you and anybody else who shares your same apathetic opinion on ‘little old Everton’.

And £#%&! you and anybody else who just accepts ‘where we are’, we’re Everton and we’re £#%&!ing dying."

Unread 11-02-2014, 02:26 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

can you fax it back in time to fraggle and cc SBC. That poor chap had ten years of that £#%&! me

Unread 11-02-2014, 02:31 AM
ZiggyStardust

This picture on that open letter page

What an unambitious @#%&! Moyes is

Why Fergie why

Unread 11-02-2014, 02:34 AM
Out Of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
can you fax it back in time to fraggle and cc SBC. That poor chap had ten years of that £#%&! me
The letters and the comments remind me of watching Everton at my mates with him and his dad years ago when Moyes hadn't been there long, how dour the football was and how he'd persist with blatantly awful footballers, Hibbert was their main gripe. His dad (grew up near the ground and what not) absolutely despised Moyes and his footballing management, he used to go crazy mental at the tv.

Unread 11-02-2014, 07:29 AM
barrington avenue

Horse bolted.
Stable door wide open.

Unread 11-02-2014, 11:00 AM
TelecasterMaster

Oh but he did a brilliant job at Everton with little money, he's cut from the same cloth y'know, he got time at Everton, blah blah £#%&!ing blah...

Unread 11-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Dear Mr Moyes,

I have a very simple question for you: how long are you going to have the nerve to remain as manager of Everton FC?

I have watched Everton for 50 years and I can honestly say that the football we are currently being subjected to is the worst I have ever seen us play. This isn’t a new problem; we’ve been gradually on the slide since we lost the FA Cup final. You have sold any flair players we’ve had and have claimed it has been your decision to do so. Pienaar, Arteta, Yakubu (who apparently could have gone to West Ham for a reported 6 million pounds and then was sold for peanuts a few months later).

[...]

We hear that Barkley is something special but never see him. The style of football is so negative it is beyond belief. This club has a proud history and a reputation for playing attractive football. We didn’t get the nickname of ‘School of Science’ for no reason. The greatest centre forward that ever played the game played for Everton and we built a reputation around that position.The number nine shirt at Everton means something to fans of this club, we expect to have top class centre forwards on the pitch every week and not sat on the bench while we attempt to eke out a one nil win or even a nil nil draw. Nil Satis seems to have been thrown in the bin nowadays at Everton.

We play games with no strikers on the pitch, something we don’t see from any other team. I remember you saying that if you ever lose the fans you would leave the club. Well believe me, Mr Moyes, you are seriously losing the fans as the dwindling attendances show.

If Everton played football worth watching the ground would be full every game. We constantly hear that David Moyes has worked wonders with little money. Sorry but that doesn’t wash: when you have had money it’s been wasted. Kroldrup, Heitinga, Bilyaletdino all spring to mind. Paul Lambert at Norwich and Brendan Rodgers at Swansea are living proof that you don’t need bags of money to compete at this level; it’s not the players you have on the pitch but it’s the way you tell them to play the game.

Every team can play passing, attacking football no matter how much money they’ve spent; the two teams I mentioned prove it and believe me, they are both far more exciting to watch than David Moyes’ Everton. You have turned strikers like Beattie, Johnson and Yakubu from being top class goalscorers into ordinary players by asking them to play wide chasing hopeful long punts from the back. Sorry but that’s not a centre forwards job, you provide service to any striker and they will score goals.And the place where they are most effective is in the penalty area, not by the corner flag. It appears that you have decided that the Moyes way is the way Everton are going to play even though it’s clearly not working, over half the season gone and not a single performance to get excited about.

[...]

Sadly, it appears that our priority is to not lose games rather than to win them and it’s simply not good enough. We see your after match interviews and you constantly tell us that we have played well when it’s clear for all to see that we have not only not played well, but we’ve been absolutely woeful week after week. That is treating the fans that work hard to pay your wages like fools and they deserve better. How can you seriously expect people to keep putting their hands in their pockets to watch the dreadful anti football that you have Everton serving up every week?

The fans aren’t fools and they wont be treated that way as you are seeing by the numbers that are staying away. Even in our dark days when we were in relegation fights we did the one thing that your team doesn’t do, we played attacking football. It seems the only option we have for getting the ball forward now is the big hoof up the pitch and it’s not acceptable. Fans would accept results going against us if they were watching good football but take it from me, as much as it pains me to say it, Everton play the most awful football to watch in the league without a shadow of a doubt.

I honestly don't know how you have the nerve to stay at the club being paid an enormous salary and making no apparent effort to put things right or change the way we play. I can assure you that I take no pleasure whatsoever in writing this letter but it’s the only way I can let off steam because I’m watching your tactics slowly destroy my club and it hurts.

Ten years at the club and no trophies whatsoever says to me that you have outstayed your welcome. Please do the decent thing and make way for somebody who wants to give the fans good football and some hope. We don’t want our teams ambition to be to finish anywhere above 17th every year but that’s the impression that you give now. We’re sinking fast and its time for change…….please.

Les Olsen

http://www.sos1878.co.uk/everton-fan...o-david-moyes/

Truth carpet bombing :shakehead:

Unread 11-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Zorg

The fact that Everton fans did not give a shit about him leaving was an alarm bell in itself.

Unread 11-02-2014, 11:21 AM
TelecasterMaster

If Moyes was such hot property, why were the likes of Spurs, Chelski, Liverpool and Man City with all their managerial changes not banging on his door all those years he was at Everton? I may be wrong, but I can't ever remember his name being connected with a 'better' job all the time he was at Everton. And then all of a sudden the champions of England swoop for him like he's been some sort of master in waiting and was the only possible successor. Seriously, the more I think about this, the more my head wants to explode. The appointment was just madness, absolute madness...

Unread 11-02-2014, 11:25 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecasterMaster
If Moyes was such hot property, why were the likes of Spurs, Chelski, Liverpool and Man City with all their managerial changes not banging on his door all those years he was at Everton? I may be wrong, but I can't ever remember his name being connected with a 'better' job all the time he was at Everton. And then all of a sudden the champions of England swoop for him like he's been some sort of master in waiting and was the only possible successor. Seriously, the more I think about this, the more my head wants to explode. The appointment was just madness, absolute madness...
None of those clubs where cut from the same cloth as Moyes

The same Scottish cloth

Unread 11-02-2014, 11:27 AM
TelecasterMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

The same Scottish cloth
It really does seem like he was offered the job because he was Scottish. And because he was Fergie's mate. And that's it.

Unread 11-02-2014, 11:28 AM
irk

Quote:
John Russell 22 January, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Well said. I agree with all you have said. I have a feeling that Moyes doesn’t rock the boat at Goodison ie giving Kenwright a hard time over finances. I think this suits Kenwright who doesn’t expect Moyes to deliver quality football.
hmmmm

Unread 11-02-2014, 11:30 AM
teflon_terry

We don't know why he was appointed despite his obvious shortcomings and despite the availability of ostensibly far more suitable candidates, because nobody has ever bothered to explain the rationale.

Unread 11-02-2014, 11:36 AM
KenwrightsWallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecasterMaster
Linked with Spurs twice and Schalke last season

There was always rumours about him being the next Utd manager though

Unread 11-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
hmmmm
hmmmm indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenwrightsWallet
Linked with Spurs twice and Schalke last season

There was always rumours about him being the next Utd manager though
Spurs and Schalke.

No Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Juve in there then.

Unread 11-02-2014, 12:27 PM
KenwrightsWallet

Ian Holloway knew all along

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...-moyes-3353000

Unread 11-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenwrightsWallet
One of the comments

Quote:
"finishing 7th is the equalivant of winning the Champions League for us"....David Moyes April 2011

Does anyone SERIOUSLY believe a top club with big ambitions and expectations would pick a manager with so little expectations of himself???

Unread 11-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Whip Hubley

This thread is depressing as £#%&!. Gonna go look at real girls to cheer myself up.

Unread 11-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Larssonisghod7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

The same Scottish cloth
dont even know why, we are all depressed, fat and ill
Closed Thread