United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 02-11-2023, 03:20 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Paying average players above their worth meaning they won’t accept lower wages when the eventual time comes we try to sell them…

That’s definitely down to the people running the club imo.
Beat me to it.

Marlo openly defending the Glazers now, I’ve called that as his MO for a while now.

Unread 02-11-2023, 03:46 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Beat me to it.

Marlo openly defending the Glazers now, I’ve called that as his MO for a while now.
I don't back the glazers but with ETH they've given him 400m and let him have total control. they've not overruled any of his decisions.
most transfers are negotiated by his agents agency ffs.

there has to be some accountability.

he has taken us backwards.
we cant even play well against a half decent team. his signings are amongst the worst players at the club.

malacia
antony
eriksen
casimero
mount
hojlund
turkish keeper
martinez
Onana

wouldn't miss any of them if we sold them.

Unread 02-11-2023, 03:48 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I don't back the glazers but with ETH they've given him 400m and let him have total control. they've not overruled any of his decisions.

we cant even play well against a half decent team. his signings are amongst the worst players at the club.

malacia
antony
eriksen
casimero

mount
hojlund
turkish keeper
martinez
Onana

Not having those in bold as bad signings

Unread 02-11-2023, 03:50 PM
AK14

Quote:

malacia
antony
eriksen
casimero
mount
hojlund
turkish keeper
martinez
Onana

More signs of poor ownership being our biggest issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Too early to call Onana and Mount poor signings too.

Malacia signed for peanuts as a young back up, hardly a poor signing.

Unread 02-11-2023, 03:54 PM
marlo

Quote:
hojlund is probably the worse signings of the bunch all things considered .

If I garden furniture without having a garden then its a bad purchase.

the state we were at this summer.

-58 goals scored....need to get it up to 75/80 to be there to there abouts
-our senior forwards are rashford, Antony, sancho and martial.

you sign a reliable striker. you dont drop 75/80m on a 20 year old with stats not that much better than garnacho.

especially a striker that attacks the areas and wants to get on the end of things when you ONLY two wingers are cutback and shoot merchants.

so its a bad buy. it was the wrong environment to bring a green raw striker into.

he hasn't even score yet for us and we are averaging a goal a game. we spent 80m on a striker this summer and managing 1 goal a game.

Unread 02-11-2023, 03:56 PM
AK14

Quote:

you sign a reliable striker. you dont drop 75/80m on a 20 year old with stats not that much better than garnacho.

especially a striker that attacks the areas and wants to get on the end of things when you ONLY two wingers are cutback and shoot merchants.

so its a bad buy. it was the wrong environment to bring a green raw striker into.

he hasn't even score yet for us and we are averaging a goal a game. we spent 80m on a striker this summer and managing 1 goal a game.
More lies.

believe

Quote:

So you don’t think there’s a problem with the signings but you think there’s a problem with the ownerships involvement with the signings?

silv

Quote:

Sorry I massively disagree. It's that logic that saw us miss out on Bellingham and Haaland. 'Ah we need experience lets not sign these future worldies'.

Unread 02-11-2023, 03:58 PM
marlo

Quote:

the funny thing is...

a lot of on here talk about if we were run like a proper club. a proper footballing structure behind the scenes might have sacked him by now

and its worth noting while the suits get every decision wrong....how come no one is suggesting they got this managerial appointment wrong as well
that would be about right

Quote:
Sorry I massively disagree. It's that logic that saw us miss out on Bellingham and Haaland. 'Ah we need experience lets not sign these future worldies'.
no but its different.

signing halend from ole for about 17m would have been about right..

signing haaland from dortmund for 80m would have been about right.

us signing hojlund for 80m given what he has accomplished would be like Chelsea dropping 75m on ganarcho right now when they have no strikers for him to feed. a bad buy. simple as.

Unread 02-11-2023, 04:01 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
So you don’t think there’s a problem with the signings but you think there’s a problem with the ownerships involvement with the signings?
U wot m8.

Quote:
the funny thing is...

a lot of on here talk about if we were run like a proper club. a proper footballing structure behind the scenes might have sacked him by now

and its worth noting while the suits get every decision wrong....how come no one is suggesting they got this managerial appointment wrong as well
that would be about right

no but its different.

signing halend from ole for about 17m would have been about right..

signing haaland from dortmund for 80m would have been about right.

us signing hojlund for 80m given what he has accomplished would be like Chelsea dropping 75m on ganarcho right now when they have no strikers for him to feed. a bad buy. simple as.
Isn’t the price we’re paying for these players down the owners/board or are you suggesting ETH and is people have been allowed to structure and negotiate transfers?

Unread 02-11-2023, 04:05 PM
marlo

Quote:
U wot m8.

Isn’t the price we’re paying for these players down the owners/board or are you suggesting ETH and is people have been allowed to structure and negotiate transfers?
the manager is kept in the loop for prices.
also eth son works for the agency doing the deals with the headof the company being eth agent.
at some point if the Antony price was getting ridiculous he could say no.

like for example if you managed united, went to say Munich and then wanted lindelof, you'd pull the plug if the price got to 40/50m.

Unread 02-11-2023, 04:13 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
also eth son works for the agency doing the deals with the headof the company being eth agent.

like for example if you managed united, went to say Munich and then wanted lindelof, you'd pull the plug if the price got to 40/50m.
I know we are really badly run and our transfer negotiators terrible, but I’d like to think even United would pull the plug on that deal a lot earlier than £40-50m, considering Lindelof already plays for us.

Unread 02-11-2023, 04:14 PM
AK14

Quote:

I don’t believe for one minute him or his people have that much say in prices etc. Ultimately it’s down the the owners/people in charge of football operations above the manager.

I’m guessing the fact we were so late in the window meant ETH didn’t have any other choice but go along with the price, if what you say is true. It was either overpay for Antony or sign no one and that’s on the owners/board for leaving it so late.

Unread 02-11-2023, 04:39 PM
djsst

Quote:

malacia
antony
eriksen
casimero
mount
hojlund
turkish keeper
martinez
Onana

So who are the best players at the club ?

Unread 02-11-2023, 05:35 PM
croady26

I wonder if him & Varane have had enough of players not putting it in and are declaring themselves unfit

Unread 02-11-2023, 05:46 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
I wonder if him & Varane have had enough of players not putting it in and are declaring themselves unfit
They'll have seen Rashford rolling into Carrington in an ermine coat, purple trilby and spats and realised they have made a grave error.

Feel for them. Hojlund too. Poor £#%&!er thought he was coming here to play football.

Unread 03-11-2023, 03:28 AM
westcoastvan

Well that's what happens when u buy over the hill players at the end of their careers.

....they pick up injuries (Casemiro, Cavani ect) or gas out.

They are also seemingly the first to want out when things go sour, because their at the end of their careers, and are use to a winning culture.

The Glazer's can't afford, nor attract, the best young talent to the club, so they sign past their prime players....think of it as the Joel Glazer special.

Unread 03-11-2023, 01:16 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
Well that's what happens when u buy over the hill players at the end of their careers.

....they pick up injuries (Casemiro, Cavani ect) or gas out.

They are also seemingly the first to want out when things go sour, because their at the end of their careers, and are use to a winning culture.

The Glazer's can't afford, nor attract, the best young talent to the club, so they sign past their prime players....think of it as the Joel Glazer special.

he's out for months at least

Unread 03-11-2023, 01:28 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
Brilliant.

Unread 03-11-2023, 01:39 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky