Closed Thread

Unread 27-07-2023, 01:00 PM
Chris Quayd

Top 5 get Champions League this year

Unread 27-07-2023, 01:01 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Kane, for me, would be the difference between fighting for top 4 and fighting for a title. He's that good.

But we won't sign him because we're not shopping in that top section of the transfer market any more, thanks to our glorious owners running the club into the ground over the last 10 years.
kane would have been a better use of our limited funds than mount, onana and hojlund combined.

hojlund feels like an enormous gamble...our season really does depend on how he does

Unread 27-07-2023, 01:02 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Kane, for me, would be the difference between fighting for top 4 and fighting for a title. He's that good.

But we won't sign him because we're not shopping in that top section of the transfer market any more, thanks to our glorious owners running the club into the ground over the last 10 years.
He elevates us massively, but does he solve all 3 of those issues you pointed out?

It seems we had a choice this summer of 3-4 signings or just Kane and we chose the former.

I’m pleased we’re after Hojlund and he’s the type of player we should going for, but I’m disappointed that Kane seems to be buggering off to the shitty Bundesliga without so much as a whimper from us.

I’d love us to do a proper old-school United move and just slap £120m on the table.

A tiny tiny tiny hopeful part of me thinks we’re waiting til we’ve brought in around £80m from sales before making our move.

Unread 27-07-2023, 01:04 PM
magic_cantona

We have to get Hojlund. And hopefully add Amrabat too. Then I'll feel slightly calmer.

As people have said, if we could get Kane and act like the United of old, that would be marvellous - but it won't happen (Glazers).

Going into this season with an out and out striker who's fast, strong and isn't Martial or Weghorst will be a huge boost.

Unread 27-07-2023, 01:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
kane would have been a better use of our limited funds than mount, onana and hojlund combined.

hojlund feels like an enormous gamble...our season really does depend on how he does
I'm still struggling to believe we've spent 50 million on Mount. I know i'll be derided for being negative but i don't really care. i've never rated him, a cursory search of my posting history regarding Mason Mount will tell you that. I've seen him a couple of times in pre season now and pretty much forgot he was on the pitch.

He's got a hell of a lot to do to change my opinion of him as a footballer. He's neat and tidy but that's about it, certainly nothing about his game would in my mind justify us £#%&!ing about a 3rd of our summer transfer budget on him.

Unread 27-07-2023, 01:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I'm still struggling to believe we've spent 50 million on Mount. I know i'll be derided for being negative but i don't really care. i've never rated him, a cursory search of my posting history regarding Mason Mount will tell you that. I've seen him a couple of times in pre season now and pretty much forgot he was on the pitch.

He's got a hell of a lot to do to change my opinion of him as a footballer. He's neat and tidy but that's about it, certainly nothing about his game would in my mind justify us £#%&!ing about a 3rd of our summer transfer budget on him.
It's 2023 though pal.... £50m isnt a huge fee...

Myself, add rasmus and aramat andbill gd ready to go this season...
Erik's squad, eriks aims ..

Unread 27-07-2023, 01:15 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
really, wow...that's slipped under the radar.

taking city as dead certs, it's basically 6 teams vying for 4 spots. i would certainly fancy us to finish above at least 2 of Liverpool, Chelsea, arsenal, Newcastle, and spurs.

Unread 27-07-2023, 01:22 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I did NOT know that

Unread 27-07-2023, 01:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Joel and Avi will be absolutely delighted

Unread 27-07-2023, 01:29 PM
Baron

We need two forwards, it's essential.

Hojland & Taremi would be fine, possibly excellent.

Kane would have been exceptional.

We're not getting Kane unless he explicitly states he's not signing a new deal & not going anywhere else. It's that simple.

Without two forwards we'll struggle, you can't rely on one 20 year old to join & carry United ffs.

We need a miracle for Martial to stay fit & engaged.

Greenwood to Saudi for £70m or something & we could then make the moves that would change us from potential into a title winning side if everything went our way with injuries & form.

Unread 27-07-2023, 02:04 PM
Tuco

Definitely need a striker, and get rid of the unflushable turds.

The Scottish Player
Fred
Maguire
Martial.

Unread 27-07-2023, 03:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Define "happy".
Well, one definition is "much better than it could be considering we are still owned by THEM".

If - as looks possible - we add four very decent signings, it is little short of a miracle given the current ownership situation.

Unread 27-07-2023, 03:59 PM
jem

happy as in accepting the restrictions? costa, palhinha, bellingham and kane would have been nice.

onana - we needed a new keeper. not the one I'd have chosen, but ok, I suppose.
mount - pointless.
amarabat - yes, please.
hojlund - yes, please.

if we get all of those, that's the bare minimum.

mainoo coming on and greenwood coming back would help.

sadly, there is no £#%&!ing way we're getting kane.

Unread 27-07-2023, 04:03 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well, one definition is "much better than it could be considering we are still owned by THEM".

If - as looks possible - we add four very decent signings, it is little short of a miracle given the current ownership situation.
Not really, we signed 9 last season and generally spend most windows (summer)

Hardly a miracle....

Unread 27-07-2023, 04:04 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Not really, we signed 9 last season and generally spend most windows (summer)

Hardly a miracle....
Please stop saying this

Unread 27-07-2023, 04:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Please stop saying this
Players joining the club and being employed on a wage is a summer signing, if they haven't played first team football it's irrelevant....

(Only 1 has no minutes)

Please can you stop thinking football isn't a squad game....

Unread 27-07-2023, 04:18 PM
Vedder

Need two strikers and an Antony upgrade as he’s barely premier league quality

Unread 27-07-2023, 04:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Need two strikers and an Antony upgrade as he’s barely premier league quality

Unread 27-07-2023, 04:22 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Players joining the club and being employed on a wage is a summer signing, if they haven't played first team football it's irrelevant....

(Only 1 has no minutes)

Please can you stop thinking football isn't a squad game....
Don’t Butland us, Bunks. It won’t fly.

Unread 27-07-2023, 04:25 PM
believe

No but I’m not worried about pre-season. We’ve had plenty of years when pre season has gone well and we’ve won nothing and vice versa. I’ll give it time but I think we’re going to find out very quickly what kind of a season it’s going to be.

Not getting Kane is just stupid.
Closed Thread