United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-10-2023, 12:18 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
was he 'nightmare'
No, that’s another absolute weapon who attached himself to any racist nationalistic organisation he could. UDA, rangers, EDL etc Utter wrong one. Pretty sure marriner has a tattoo of the queen on his chest.

Unread 03-10-2023, 01:03 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen
No, it's really, really clear. Let me make it simple for you: do the crime, do the time. Man up and take it on the chin.
The point being, people are questioning whether it should be a crime full stop.
So it may be really, really clear to you, but unfortunately you're looking in a different direction to everybody else.

Unread 03-10-2023, 01:40 PM
wiganste

I didn't find the Bradley Lowery thing funny but I wasn't offended.

The Philpott's house thing - I found it slightly amusing and I know what happened isn't funny. But aren't we a nation that relies on gallows humour?
It's no different to what you would hear up and down the country if you went to see a comedian.

If we're not careful, we'll be left with the likes of Michael McIntyre to entertain us.

There's more important things to be getting on with than arresting folk for pixels on a screen.

Unread 03-10-2023, 01:52 PM
Ethers

The Bradley Lowery thing is grim, and I’d happily see the guys banned from attending football matches or whatever. I presume at some point they will also be receiving a good kicking.

Making it a criminal offence though ffs. Some people even talking of jail time. Surely there’s more important things to be concentrating on?

The Philpott thing is an absolute nonsense. I’ve said worse myself.

Unread 03-10-2023, 02:57 PM
armchair

This is blowing my mind completely. I cannot believe these are now crimes.

Unread 03-10-2023, 03:08 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
The Bradley Lowery thing is grim, and I’d happily see the guys banned from attending football matches or whatever. I presume at some point they will also be receiving a good kicking.

Making it a criminal offence though ffs. Some people even talking of jail time. Surely there’s more important things to be concentrating on?

Reported.

I reckon 95% of people on here are in a WhatsApp group that would probably make Bernard Manning blush. The other 5% are liars. The shit that gets said is outrageous to some but it doesn't mean that the people saying have those type of beliefs. Like Ste's said - gallows humour.

I'm baffled as to why they'd do this about a kid dying from cancer - its deplorable, obviously. But jail? No, not for me.

Unread 03-10-2023, 03:11 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Both of these are perfectly acceptable responses.

Criminal offence? No chance. One small step away from being arrested and charged for singing "Always the victims" at a Liverpool game imo.

Unread 03-10-2023, 03:14 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Reported.

I reckon 95% of people on here are in a WhatsApp group that would probably make Bernard Manning blush. The other 5% are liars. The shit that gets said is outrageous to some but it doesn't mean that the people saying have those type of beliefs. Like Ste's said - gallows humour.

I'm baffled as to why they'd do this about a kid dying from cancer - its deplorable, obviously. But jail? No, not for me.
I think esters needs to do a poll on this.

Unread 03-10-2023, 04:00 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
This is blowing my mind completely. I cannot believe these are now crimes.
The website "Sickipedia" is the new Anarchist's Cookbook
Closed Thread