United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 22-11-2020, 01:32 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
That we’re reliant on Mata just shows how desperately we needed a right winger this summer. Take nothing away from him as he put in a shift and played some smart stuff, but he should be a back up at best now.
I can't believe we're having to field juan mata on the wide right in 2020. £#%&!ing hell.

Unread 22-11-2020, 01:43 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I can't believe we're having to field juan mata on the wide right in 2020. £#%&!ing hell.
Don't fret as i'm pretty sure you'd find something else to bitch about even if they'd signed Sancho .

Relax - they'll always be a black cloud on the horizon for you to obssess and moan about

Unread 22-11-2020, 01:46 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Don't fret as i'm pretty sure you'd find something else to bitch about even if they'd signed Sancho .

Relax - they'll always be a black cloud on the horizon for you to obssess and moan about
Shut up you £#%&!ing stupid @#%&!

Unread 22-11-2020, 01:50 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Shut up you £#%&!ing stupid @#%&!
Well that's me told

Unread 22-11-2020, 02:16 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Well that's me told

Unread 22-11-2020, 02:20 AM
5 Cantona's

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Think we all know the real reason people are singling martial out...
Black?

The title green smiley doesn't look good.
Don't know how to get rid of the green smiley @#%&!.

He's still shit though.
(Martial, not the green toothy thing)

Unread 22-11-2020, 02:50 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
I'm not sure why some on here at pitting our own players against each other.

I'm glad Bruno won us the game but I'm also not as sold on him as others on here.
Bruno has done more in 10 months at the club than Pogba has in 4 years, hth

Unread 22-11-2020, 07:57 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Its ridiculous to be honest when in the grand scheme of things we're still seeing the same problems in the team that we saw 2 years ago.

Continually dropping points at home, can't deal with a high press, too slow moving the ball from back to front, non-existent wide attacking threat, no recognised striker, all our attacking players spend the entire game outside the opposition 18 yard box. Nothing's been addressed, nothing's changed. Our summer business was absolutely appalling.
Have you posted this from an alternate reality where we didn't win the game?

Unread 22-11-2020, 08:47 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
I'm not sure why some on here at pitting our own players against each other.

I'm glad Bruno won us the game but I'm also not as sold on him as others on here.
Yet you're sold on a player who has done £#%&! all.

Strange.

Unread 22-11-2020, 10:27 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Bruno has done more in 10 months at the club than Pogba has in 4 years, hth
But he is not black

Unread 22-11-2020, 10:50 AM
Dasilvatwins

It’s almost as if we needed a CF and a RW and a CB in the summer but did not get them

Shock horror, our wingers are mata james Greenwood , rashford and martial (the latter being two more forward players rather than wingers). It’s almost as if we needed signings but didn’t get them due to Woodward

Unread 22-11-2020, 11:23 AM
Coracao

Turned it off after 40 minutes and put the boxing on.

Unread 22-11-2020, 11:36 AM
Maureens P45

Shit performance but at least we’ve won. Defo need a kick of the arse to sort this lot out

Mata on the wing though?

Unread 22-11-2020, 12:27 PM
utd99

There’s also this new thing our supporters do of trying to take comfort by comparing us to whichever of the big six are currently doing the worst. This year it’s City, usually it’s Arsenal. It’s so two-bob.

Our biggest problem atm is that we’re lop-sided defensively. In order to stem the flow of goals conceded Ole is now regularly lining up with 7 defensive players, leaving only 4 to create and score everything. If you do that they’d better be really £#%&!ing good at it and give 100% effort or you’ll struggle.

Spurs don’t set up much differently - but the difference in quality and effort from their front four, and the support they get from midfield is like night and day.

Unread 22-11-2020, 12:36 PM
redhegemony

We are lop sided #@&%! all comes down the right though poor Bruno busts a guy to play all across the field. If the attacking players don't provide width it has to come from the full backs and Telles looks decent but we have to solve the right back

We might be better playing 3 at the back at home to weaker sides one of whom is Matic so he can step out and pushing Telles and AWB or Williams further up field.

Unread 22-11-2020, 12:53 PM
Hyman_Roth

The really galling thing is that if we win our game in hand, we’re still 4 £#%&!ing points off Tottenham who are top.

Potentially 4 points off the top in November ffs - feels like a huge gap with what, a third of the season played already? It just feels like there’s no way back from such a damming position with the season as old as it is.

When you look at it like that, even the die hard ole crew have to question themselves.

Unread 22-11-2020, 12:53 PM
shenwen

Yeah one positive for me yesterday was Telles. Looks like a decent addition. Aside from that, thought slab played well again and McT looked comfortable when he came on. Would like to see more Beeky. Don’t get what we hope to learn by playing Mata. Martial - again - was terrible. He’s never going to be the player we think he could be is he?

Unread 22-11-2020, 12:54 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
We are lop sided #@&%! all comes down the right though poor Bruno busts a guy to play all across the field. If the attacking players don't provide width it has to come from the full backs and Telles looks decent but we have to solve the right back

We might be better playing 3 at the back at home to weaker sides one of whom is Matic so he can step out and pushing Telles and AWB or Williams further up field.
3 at the back falls down very quickly if you don’t have proper wing backs mate. Telles might be suitable on the left - it remains to be seen - but we have no one in the squad even close to being able to do it on the right. I’d rather see WB try right sided CB than watch him fumbling about like a non-leaguer in the final third. Good recovery tackler, beyond awful on the ball. 50m

Unread 22-11-2020, 12:55 PM
armchair

The first game I've ever fallen asleep during. I did have a big lunch tbf.

Unread 22-11-2020, 12:56 PM
Bunker Buster

We were £#%&!ing awful....

A top day of Barclays ruined by us again...

No intensity, no desire..... horrific