Unread 21-11-2020, 12:04 PM
Big Norm

Jojo Rabbit. Absolutely loved it tbh.

Funny and touching in equal measure ***spoiler***
The scene where he finds his dead Mum

Sam Rockwell is just brilliant in everything he does. 8 Heil Hitlers/10

Unread 21-11-2020, 12:18 PM
CamelToe

fatman - mel gibson as santa and walton goggins as the hitman hired to assassinate him. sounds great, right? i cant believe they played this premise completely straight - as a result it's just not very interesting or eventful. i kept waiting for it to kick up a notch but even the final showdown was underwhelming. a sad, wasted opportunity of a film.

Unread 21-11-2020, 01:28 PM
Buck

Non-Stop

Liam Neeson stars as an alcoholic and sunken US Federal Air Marshal who on a flight from New York to London receives anonymous text messages from someone on board demanding $150M ransom deposited by authorities to an account number that turns out to be in the marshal's name, or a passenger will be killed every 20 minutes.

Quite exciting film and every character that has any depth as the film progresses comes across suspect. There's no giveaways which is key in a film like this.

Unread 21-11-2020, 04:32 PM
Stone Monkey

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Non-Stop

Liam Neeson stars as an alcoholic and sunken US Federal Air Marshal who on a flight from New York to London receives anonymous text messages from someone on board demanding $150M ransom deposited by authorities to an account number that turns out to be in the marshal's name, or a passenger will be killed every 20 minutes.

Quite exciting film and every character that has any depth as the film progresses comes across suspect. There's no giveaways which is key in a film like this.
Sounds ewrate that. MIght watch tonight.

Unread 21-11-2020, 04:43 PM
Baron

The Trial of the Chicago 7

Outstanding.

Unread 21-11-2020, 04:43 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Mangrove

Steve McQueen. Despite Caspar Salmon's rave review, I thought this was a let down. The court scenes were good and the Darcus Howe actor was great, but much of the rest was choppy. It's been getting five star reviews so expected much more. Hope for better with the rest of the films in the series.
Might give this one a miss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Non-Stop

Forgot about this one. Big Liam fan.

The one on the train was absolutely shite. He should do a car one next, complete the trilogy.

Unread 23-11-2020, 01:03 PM
My Name is Heath

Princess Switch - Princess Switched Again

Not as good as the first but the big thing was....it takes place in the same universe as the Christmas Prince series

At the coronation at the end the Christmas Prince, Princess and Royal Baby are there in the pews

Not sure if Netflix is trying to rival the MCU/DCU here with a NRCU but I'm excited for it.

8 switched princesses out of 10.

Unread 23-11-2020, 01:07 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi View Post
Didn't you see Mercy's top
yes. wangers like fried eggs and covered up. No busters.

Have to be out to qualify for `few/plenty of busters`.

Unread 23-11-2020, 01:13 PM
Jethro

Patriot Games - Your uncles favourite thriller. Slick and thoroughly enjoyable

Deathstalker II - Sword and sorcery nonsense. So many times it almost crosses the line into soft p***.

Unread 23-11-2020, 01:41 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
Patriot Games - Your uncles favourite thriller. Slick and thoroughly enjoyable

Deathstalker II -
Sword and sorcery nonsense. So many times it almost crosses the line into soft p***.
I was obsessed by this film. Rented it out loads of times.

Monique Gabrielle was perfect in this both as the 'good' girl and the 'bad' girl.