United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2019, 09:07 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
No, arguably worse players in the team, but we also had the benefit of some genuinely world class players being in the team at the same time, a genius manager and a spine of players that could manage the entire the squad on their own.

But I'm team positive reds. Not quite as deluded as Pure in thinking that we'll win the league, but I think we'll have a better finish than I predicted before the start of the season. And I intend to keep this positive outlook until at least 10pm tonight.
the change of wind on here when we're 2-0 down at Wolves.

Unread 19-08-2019, 09:09 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
No, arguably worse players in the team, but we also had the benefit of some genuinely world class players being in the team at the same time, a genius manager and a spine of players that could manage the entire the squad on their own.

But I'm team positive reds. Not quite as deluded as Pure in thinking that we'll win the league, but I think we'll have a better finish than I predicted before the start of the season. And I intend to keep this positive outlook until at least 10pm tonight.
Exactly.

Yeah we had the likes of TC23 and Welbeck as part of squads and starting regularly in 2013, but like you say we had genuine quality in and around them.

There’s hope for this squad, but with a few injuries and we’re relying on the likes of Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Young and yeah three of those were a part of the squad in 2013 but we haven’t got the leadership, quality or SaF to paper over those cracks.

I’m positive going forward, but let’s not get carried away because there’s still plenty of work to do. Hopefully the younger kids kick on and show they’re ready to be considered as first team players.

Unread 19-08-2019, 09:13 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
the change of wind on here when we're 2-0 down at Wolves.

Unread 19-08-2019, 09:14 AM
believe

Not sure why people are trying to justify it, we've never won the league with a worse squad

Unread 19-08-2019, 09:21 AM
Bunker Buster

Why's everyone bum wolves so much....

Unread 19-08-2019, 09:25 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I think purely based on the fact they beat us twice last season and will go in to this thinking we can be beat again. Get your point though, we should be beating them comfortably but we're also a bit shit.

Unread 19-08-2019, 09:28 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:

Unread 19-08-2019, 09:33 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
What is it, chicken with cashew nuts?

Quote:
hipster manager

Unread 19-08-2019, 09:41 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Not sure why people are trying to justify it, we've never won the league with a worse squad
2013 was terrible

Unread 19-08-2019, 09:48 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
2013 was terrible
DDG

Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Evra

Nani
Scholes
Carrick
Giggs

Rooney
RVP

Unread 19-08-2019, 09:50 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
DDG

Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Evra

Nani
Scholes
Carrick
Giggs

Rooney
RVP

How’d we win the league with that shit playing regularly?

Unread 19-08-2019, 09:52 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
DDG

Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Evra

Nani
Scholes
Carrick
Giggs

Rooney
RVP

look at the age of that team 3 of the back 4 on last legs the other a liability nani shite scholes out of retirment giggs 106 rooney past his sell buy date and one incredible season for rvp

Unread 19-08-2019, 01:17 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
look at the age of that team 3 of the back 4 on last legs the other a liability nani shite scholes out of retirment giggs 106 rooney past his sell buy date and one incredible season for rvp
are those stormzy lyrics?

Unread 19-08-2019, 01:32 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
are those stormzy lyrics?
shut up

Unread 19-08-2019, 01:40 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
shut up
That's Joe Dolce surely?

Unread 19-08-2019, 01:41 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
shut up

Unread 19-08-2019, 01:43 PM
Seamus

Quote:

Unread 19-08-2019, 01:54 PM
dragflick

Quote:
shut up

Unread 19-08-2019, 02:00 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

No chance of winning the league but a good chance of closing the gap to the top 2.
We could definitely push for 3rd this season

Get Maddison, Sancho and a left back next summer and we could be back in business

Unread 19-08-2019, 02:04 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2

Get Maddison, Sancho and a left back next summer and we could be back in business
and we still wouldn’t have a midfield
Closed Thread