Unread 09-08-2019, 09:00 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Getting rid of my season tickets
The youngsters

Unread 09-08-2019, 09:33 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
ole cant lose like said before , the fans well most bar sparky and his mate will back him all the way , he gets shafted think as said before , that could be the one where theres a riot .
Lose the first 2 and it's going to get very ugly very quickly imo.

Looking forward to watching AWB, Axel, The Scottish Player, Garner, James, Martial, Rashford, Chong, Greenwood and Gomes, and maybe Pogba, got a feeling he'll feel the need to put himself in the shop window this season, big time. The rest, meh.

Unread 09-08-2019, 09:35 AM
Clownbones

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We wont.

Unread 09-08-2019, 09:41 AM
Jethro

A few snide @#%&!s have left
Seems to be some good harmony in the squad especially with the young'uns
Football should be fast swashbuckling nonsense
A back four that picks itself
Ole should be given the time needed

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:01 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Looking forward to watching AWB, Axel, The Scottish Player, Garner, James, Martial, Rashford, Chong, Greenwood and Gomes, and maybe Pogba, got a feeling he'll feel the need to put himself in the shop window this season, big time. The rest, meh.
yep but the bile wont be aimed at the manager ... and agreed so hope pogba leads them

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:08 AM
andyroo

Quote:
ole cant lose
Hold his beer etc

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Seamus

I hope Fred turns it around.

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:44 AM
Baron

Surely the makeup of the squad the & performances of the youngsters will dictate a shift in approach to a youthful zip & attacking football?

Matic, Young, Jones etc can't be seen unless required, they play a different game to the one we're (hopefully) evolving to aspire to.

Fingers are crossed we find some fluency & start fast as £#%&! against Chelsea, momentum will be key with such an inexperienced side.

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:08 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
The positivity comes from Ole.

We all know the restrictions all our managers have faced, so its case of working within the restrictions.

We've sold two players who are avatars for the antithesis of our style - Fellaini and Lukaku.

We haven't been held to ransom and just paid up crazy wages - Herrera.

We've identified the defence as a weakness - Valencia gone, shaw reinstated.

Rashford and Martial given a platform/enough rope to hang themselves

The kids coming through will get chances and do look like prospects.... not just Paddy McNair, Donald love making up the numbers.

The three lads in are young, hungry and will grow into the club. Seeing them signing, their families at the club with them felt like a proper throwback to players feeling privileged to play for the club

We need that. We need that mentality and that hunger back.

We all knew this would take a long time to sort. Weve never been further from the top since Fergie left, but this feels like the first part of getting the ship turned round.

A change in style, a change in player profile and building from the back.

Expectations are (rightly) low, so let's hope we can surprise a few and use that to form a bit of steel.

I like what Ole is all about and a win on Sunday would go a long way to bringing some belief into the group.
I don't think Rashford is at that stage tbh, or even that close to it. He'll be forgiven inconsistencies if he puts decent numbers on the board. But Martial is definitely at a bit of a crossroads. 24 in December and a clear path to cement a place in the side every week, so it's time for him to become a regular match-winner. As he looked he was going to be early on in his United career.

For all the frustration, the idea of Pogba-Martial-Rashford-Greenwood all staying fit and developing understandings does excite.

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I don't think Rashford is at that stage tbh, or even that close to it. He'll be forgiven inconsistencies if he puts decent numbers on the board. But Martial is definitely at a bit of a crossroads. 24 in December and a clear path to cement a place in the side every week, so it's time for him to become a regular match-winner. As he looked he was going to be early on in his United career.

For all the frustration, the idea of Pogba-Martial-Rashford-Greenwood all staying fit and developing understandings does excite.
I for one am stunned you've picked up on the Rashford part of the post

Whatever the individual view of expectation, the wider point is that Rashford is very much the main man now, for the first time in his career.

It's a bold and positive move from Ole and one many have championed for years.

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:14 AM
Bunker Buster

Positivity thread, talk of lynching our young black lads....

This forum

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:14 AM
Sandman

Everything hinges on how much faith Ole will show with the young players, if he really lets them step up, I think we'll be closer than many believe. My only real concern is Matic being first choice.

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:15 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Whatever the individual view of expectation, the wider point is that Rashford is very much the main man now, for the first time in his career.

Tbh I felt my post was more about Martial. He's the one I'm hoping takes the chances we know he's going to get. Needs to stay fit for a start; the constant little injuries really don't work for players like him. I think he needs momentum. If Ole makes him a worldy

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:16 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Not necessarily
He's played wide most of pre-season with Martial up top

Would prefer that tbh as Martial is so static when stuck on the wing
Let's see if he really is much better at centre forward as many of his biggest fans believe

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:16 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Positivity thread, talk of lynching our young black lads....

This forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Not necessarily

Let's see if he really is much better at centre forward as many of his biggest fans believe
A bit pedantic.

First choice. One of the first names on the team sheet etc.

Hard work on here sometimes.

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:19 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Not necessarily

By any measure, a static front three is a problem, they should be interchanging & using their pace to move the oppo about.

If we play a 4-2-3-1 with Martial up top, it's an issue.

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:24 AM
puressence

all pre season they interchanged its been top to watch

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:25 AM
Baron

Quote:
all pre season they interchanged its been top to watch
Good to hear, I missed all of it as I was travelling down the west coast - thanks again for the car big man

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Everything hinges on how much faith Ole will show with the young players, if he really lets them step up, I think we'll be closer than many believe. My only real concern is Matic being first choice.
That and there appearing to be absolutely no alternative to him in the squad

Harsh to limit The Scottish Player to the Matic role, as I don't think it suits him.
Closed Thread