Unread 21-07-2019, 10:11 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
3-1 comfortable 2 up first 15
I admire your optimism.

Unread 21-07-2019, 10:23 AM
utd99

They’re going to struggle badly without Hazard and none of their current players are going to give a flying £#%&! who fat F£#%&! once was for the club.

Prediction? Pain.....

Unread 21-07-2019, 10:28 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
They’re going to struggle badly without Hazard and none of their current players are going to give a flying £#%&! who fat F£#%&! once was for the club.

Prediction? Pain.....
I can see a new manager bump from him, but then they fall away badly.

Unread 21-07-2019, 11:01 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
That’s more of a thing if there’s a release of bad vibe by replacing the manager mid season. Chelsea have a transfer embargo and just lost their best player by an absolute mile. These players won’t give a £#%&! what Lampard was 10 years ago. He’ll be trying to get them to do things that his great Chelsea side did automatically and they just won’t do them, no matter how many speeches he gives.

He was a fool to take this job so early in his managerial career, and at this particular juncture; unless of course he has no faith in his abilities and was unsure if it would ever come around again. I’d say he’s exponentially more likely to be gone by Christmas than Solskjaer is.

Unread 21-07-2019, 11:06 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
That’s more of a thing if there’s a release of bad vibe by replacing the manager mid season. Chelsea have a transfer embargo and just lost their best player by an absolute mile. These players won’t give a £#%&! what Lampard was 10 years ago. He’ll be trying to get them to do things that his great Chelsea side did automatically and they just won’t do them, no matter how many speeches he gives.

He was a fool to take this job so early in his managerial career, and at this particular juncture; unless of course he has no faith in his abilities and was unsure if it would ever come around again. I’d say he’s exponentially more likely to be gone by Christmas than Solskjaer is.
Yeah, good point. I think he's onto a hiding to nothing there. Which is a shame. I actually don't mind him and he cares about Chelsea. I don't see that being reciprocated.

I think it's got draw written all over it.

'Six pointers' on the opening day so often end in stalemate as neither side wants to start with a defeat. Just get it out of the way.

Unread 21-07-2019, 11:32 AM
puressence

Quote:
new manager bump theyve just lost to a team from china

Unread 21-07-2019, 11:37 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
new manager bump theyve just lost to a team from china
And I'm sure Lampard will look back on that pre-season friendly as the beginning of the end.

Unread 21-07-2019, 11:40 AM
redhegemony

Lampard wont want to lose - question is whether we can break them down. An early goal and we get a comfortable win.

Unread 21-07-2019, 12:08 PM
Patty_b

I can't see anything but them struggling this season (hahaha), they needed to improve massively after last season, and instead they have lost probably the best player in the league.

Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic won't be able to make up what they've lost in Hazard, never mind what they'd need to improve on last season.

Unread 21-07-2019, 12:29 PM
utd99

On top of which Jorginho must be £#%&!ing crazy right now. His move to City got shanghai’d, and now Sarri’s not even there anymore.

Hints of van Persie being sold the vision only to be turning out for Moyes a year later; though at least he got a title out of the deal.

Unread 21-07-2019, 02:26 PM
MartialLaw

Two of Chelsea best young players snapped their achillies tendon at the end of last season, no sportsman has ever come back from that injury the same player.

They're £#%&!ed

Unread 21-07-2019, 02:27 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
And I'm sure Lampard will look back on that pre-season friendly as the beginning of the end.

Already written his exit press release i heard

Unread 23-07-2019, 01:56 PM
TheFatGoth

Just beat Barca

Unread 23-07-2019, 01:58 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Just beat Barca
who had neither Messi or Suarez playing, and changed their entire line-up at half time

#leaguechampions

Unread 23-07-2019, 02:06 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
who had neither Messi or Suarez playing, and changed their entire line-up at half time

#leaguechampions
Chelsea won the first half 1-0

Unread 23-07-2019, 02:12 PM
waynes ear's

stat £#%&!er

Unread 23-07-2019, 02:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Just beat Barca
everyone beats barca in pre season

we did last year