United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink

Unread 04-07-2019, 11:45 PM
Mr_Ed

Default Southern Fried Chicken

Is there anything dirtier when you’ve had a few beers? Love the stuff I do. It’s a good job my nearest KFC is 20 miles away...

A dirty product

Unread 05-07-2019, 12:05 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed View Post
Is there anything dirtier when you’ve had a few beers? Love the stuff I do. It’s a good job my nearest KFC is 20 miles away...

A dirty product
Literally just ate a guilt laden zinger tower after a client event. I was too self conscious to eat the canapés while talking and came home starving. There was a woman in there wearing Adidas sliders and screaming at the staff because her pot of mash potato was only half full. Dreadful place, will deffo return. Fried chicken is the devils work nqat

Unread 05-07-2019, 12:07 AM
armchair

I wish we had proper competition over fried chicken in the uk/ireland.

kfc was mana from heaven when i was a kid but it's muck now. some local chippers do a great sfc but i need a popeyes or whatever.

Unread 05-07-2019, 12:08 AM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up

Actually quite easy to make yourself fwiw

Unread 05-07-2019, 12:08 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser View Post
Literally just ate a guilt laden zinger tower after a client event. I was too self conscious to eat the canapés while talking and came home starving. There was a woman in there wearing Adidas sliders and screaming at the staff because her pot of mash potato was only half full. Dreadful place, will deffo return. Fried chicken is the devils work nqat
every bit as bad as crocs.

as is fast food chicken stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa View Post
Actually quite easy to make yourself fwiw
I would have repped this. not really, murderer!

Unread 05-07-2019, 12:19 AM
Arnold Muhren

A new fried chicken shop opened this week across from where I work. I may not last the month..

Massive fried chicken breast. Came with a hash brown on top Was good.

Unread 05-07-2019, 12:55 AM
ScarFace

Ever tried kfc cold? its much better. ( room temp ) its not as greasy/sloppy as its all firmed up.

Try it.

Unread 05-07-2019, 12:58 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace View Post
Ever tried kfc cold? its much better. ( room temp ) its not as greasy/sloppy as its all firmed up.

Try it.
#its-not-real-until-the-fat-congeal

it's not real until the fat congeal.

Unread 05-07-2019, 06:45 AM
FraUtd

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
I wish we had proper competition over fried chicken in the uk/ireland.

kfc was mana from heaven when i was a kid but it's muck now. some local chippers do a great sfc but i need a popeyes or whatever.
Supermacs?
Not been in ages, but preferred it over KFC

Unread 05-07-2019, 07:05 AM
Clownbones

In an age where there are hipster Burger places every 43 millimeters, why is there nowhere* you can get proper, on-the-bone fried chicken that isn't greasy, takeaway.

None of this mini fillets, boneless banquet baby bullshit either.

*unless anyone knows of anywhere.