United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-04-2018, 09:41 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Our Asprilla

We need a right footer on the right wing.

We need to see how we are to play Pogba.

Sell Sanchez, Martial and Mata.

Play Pogba as the most forward in a midfield 3

Play Rashford, Lingard and Lukaku upfront and Poggers, Matic and a good passer there.

A left footed left back, a New right back and Bailly and ??! And we are back there.

Unread 15-04-2018, 09:48 PM
Ethers

Our Asprilla?

Unread 15-04-2018, 09:53 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Our Asprilla?
The title was in the bag until Sanchez signed

Unread 15-04-2018, 09:55 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
The title was in the bag until Sanchez signed
Still think we will get 2nd?

El Midgeto will take us to 4th and then we will lose to a CSKA Petrolio.

Twici.

Unread 15-04-2018, 10:00 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Still think we will get 2nd?

El Midgeto will take us to 4th and then we will lose to a CSKA Petrolio.

Twici.
Honestly couldn’t give a £#%&! at this stage

Unread 15-04-2018, 10:04 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Our Asprilla

We need a right footer on the right wing.

We need to see how we are to play Pogba.

Sell Sanchez, Martial and Mata.

Play Pogba as the most forward in a midfield 3

Play Rashford, Lingard and Lukaku upfront and Poggers, Matic and a good passer there.

A left footed left back, a New right back and Bailly and ??! And we are back there.
Stick to wrestling Jezza ffs

Unread 15-04-2018, 10:16 PM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Stick to wrestling Jezza ffs

You should hear my thoughts on getting the 3 Harry’s.

Harry Kane ( the white Harry Kane)
Harry Maguire (the next John Terry)
The next N’Golo Kante (good at harrying other players)

Unread 15-04-2018, 10:17 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Correct. And it's down the manager to organise a team out of individuals. And he's failed.

No doubt jose has bought time with last week's comeback. He'll be here for another season. Another nothing season.
He'll sort it out in the summer.

Bring some more MEN in. Ditch some more deadwood.

A world class replacement for Herrera in that 3rd midfielder role. Keep Herrera as Fellaini's bench replacement. One fullback, one central defender. Sort Sanchez's head out.

That'll do it for me.

Unread 16-04-2018, 06:37 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
He'll sort it out in the summer.

Bring some more MEN in. Ditch some more deadwood.

A world class replacement for Herrera in that 3rd midfielder role. Keep Herrera as Fellaini's bench replacement. One fullback, one central defender. Sort Sanchez's head out.

That'll do it for me.

I admire your optimism Cream, I wish that I possessed it but I don't. To me we look like a tired, dispirited football team who have no team spirit or work ethic. We're a collection of big name players who have no idea how to play like a team with a manager who appears to have no idea how to create a team.

Unread 16-04-2018, 07:28 AM
believe

I’m not his biggest fan by any means but I thought he tried yesterday and was our most creative player. He just got more and more frustrated having no one to make the final pass too and tried to do too much himself.

Unread 16-04-2018, 08:01 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:

You should hear my thoughts on getting the 3 Harry’s.

Harry Kane ( the white Harry Kane)
Harry Maguire (the next John Terry)
The next N’Golo Kante (good at harrying other players)
Harry Maguire is basically caucasian Chris Smalling. He won't sound like Moss in interviews but he's exactly the same English style solid defender who isn't exactly peak Ferdinand with the ball at his feet. What the defence needs more than anything is full backs who know how to play the position properly (though Mourinho seems to rate getting up and down the pitch above positional sense and tackling) and a midfield that can string more than 3 passes together and retain the ball.

Plus we're entering the market as a team who thought Victor Lindelof was worth £30 odd million quid so Christ knows how much we'll have to pay for someone who can play centre half, if Mourinho didn't get some Top Cashback on Lindelof's fee via a Cayman shell company the deal makes no sense at all.

City's defence is bang average, but they disguise that by battering teams at the other end, we conclude it's the centre halves fault that the midfield and attack play like they last did a passing drill in high school.

Mourinho could buy centre halves until the end of the planet and he still won't make us any better until he learns to organise the rest of the team. If you can win a league with John Stones and Otamendi, David Luis and Gary Cahill or Wes Morgan and Robert Huth, you should be able to play some semblance of coherent football with 2 of Smalling, Jones, Bailly, Blind or even Rojo there.

Unread 16-04-2018, 08:40 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Harry Maguire is basically caucasian Chris Smalling. He won't sound like Moss in interviews but he's exactly the same English style solid defender who isn't exactly peak Ferdinand with the ball at his feet. What the defence needs more than anything is full backs who know how to play the position properly (though Mourinho seems to rate getting up and down the pitch above positional sense and tackling) and a midfield that can string more than 3 passes together and retain the ball.

Plus we're entering the market as a team who thought Victor Lindelof was worth £30 odd million quid so Christ knows how much we'll have to pay for someone who can play centre half, if Mourinho didn't get some Top Cashback on Lindelof's fee via a Cayman shell company the deal makes no sense at all.

City's defence is bang average, but they disguise that by battering teams at the other end, we conclude it's the centre halves fault that the midfield and attack play like they last did a passing drill in high school.

Mourinho could buy centre halves until the end of the planet and he still won't make us any better until he learns to organise the rest of the team. If you can win a league with John Stones and Otamendi, David Luis and Gary Cahill or Wes Morgan and Robert Huth, you should be able to play some semblance of coherent football with 2 of Smalling, Jones, Bailly, Blind or even Rojo there.
true dat (city's disguise is v thin).

not hard to see how we could pick a better team with a better plan using just the players available, but jose wants to spend money and people on here want to blame valencia and smalling.

Unread 16-04-2018, 09:00 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I’m not his biggest fan by any means but I thought he tried yesterday and was our most creative player. He just got more and more frustrated having no one to make the final pass too and tried to do too much himself.
Agree

He tries things, is full of energy and always looks for a forward pass. Something we’ve lacked the last few years

Compare his performance to that utter show pony @#%&! in midfield...

He’ll come good.

Unread 16-04-2018, 09:13 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Agree

He tries things, is full of energy and always looks for a forward pass. Something we’ve lacked the last few years

He’ll come good.
That's pretty much what the show pony @#%&! in midfield was doing too. Trying to make shit happen and getting frustrated when nobody else was on the same page.

What the whole team was doing really.

Unread 16-04-2018, 09:16 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Agree

He’ll come good.
isn't he almost 30?
come good?

Unread 16-04-2018, 09:23 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
not just him, but anyone who looks up to pass will see three players in the middle not moving. we have no idea how to stretch teams consistently, relying on low percentage tricks and interplay..... the rest of the time, we have a static attack around the penalty area and blind crosses. most of our passes do nothing more than shift responsibility. meanwhile, the players who will take defenders on with pace sit on the bench.

Unread 16-04-2018, 09:24 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
isn't he almost 30?
come good?
Yes come good, as in be a good signing eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That's pretty much what the show pony @#%&! in midfield was doing too. Trying to make shit happen and getting frustrated when nobody else was on the same page.

What the whole team was doing really.
What I saw him doing was strolling around with his finger up his arse and trying speculative shots.

Unread 16-04-2018, 09:31 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not just him, but anyone who looks up to pass will see three players in the middle not moving. we have no idea how to stretch teams consistently, relying on low percentage tricks and interplay..... the rest of the time, we have a static attack around the penalty area and blind crosses. most of our passes do nothing more than shift responsibility. meanwhile, the players who will take defenders on with pace sit on the bench.
If only, he actually knows how to put one in

Unread 16-04-2018, 11:41 AM
shenwen

The only player who seemed arsed yesterday.
Problem was he didn't seem to know where he was meant to play and was getting in everyone's way. Also trying to be smart when a simple pass would have been more effective.

So far down the list on @#%&!s who need to be shipped/beaten.

Unread 16-04-2018, 11:53 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Yes come good, as in be a good signing eventually
we haven't got eventually.

he's got about 1 year to do that until he loses a yard, then another etc.

was an awful signing.
Closed Thread