Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-04-2011, 12:08 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Re: How shite did you feel yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Maybe, big might and huge if though

Thought we were nailed on for an FA Cup, really £#%&!s me off that we don't treat it with the respect it deserves nowadays.

We played strong team expect S'Hampton and Crawley.

More disapointed for Edwin, he wanted the cup medal and wont get one

Unread 18-04-2011, 12:11 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

We played strong team expect S'Hampton and Crawley.

More disapointed for Edwin, he wanted the cup medal and wont get one
There wasn't the same gusto or verve there was Tuesday. Wasted the effort on a competition we have little chance of winning I £#%&!ing hate the CL

Unread 18-04-2011, 12:14 AM
taff

still feels shit when i think about it, but sod it, we move on, and there are bigger fish to fry than playing one-upmanship at whatever shitty level city are at. 35 years or not, we outstrip them in every conceivable way, and if all goes according to plan over the next few weeks the gap will only get bigger as those dead-leg @#%&!s huff and puff in our wake.

Unread 18-04-2011, 12:59 AM
Neo

Quote:
Wasted the effort on a competition we have little chance of winning I £#%&!ing hate the CL
I dunno about that Dunk.

No disrespect to Schalke, but we've definitely got the 'easiest' game. The other semi is a coin toss IMO and could go either way. Then the final is a one off game at Wembley.

I think we've got as good a chance of being crowned European champions this year than any other time.

Given the choice of the two I'd rather be playing a cup final at Wembley for the European Cup than the FA Cup. £#%&! City.

Unread 18-04-2011, 01:45 AM
wonky no

i was gutted at the fact that we let ourselves down. nothing else.

Unread 18-04-2011, 08:13 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
There wasn't the same gusto or verve there was Tuesday. Wasted the effort on a competition we have little chance of winning I £#%&!ing hate the CL
What a pile of shit. Think about the history of this club in relation to the European Cup.

Unread 18-04-2011, 08:25 AM
MUFC One Love

Dunk are you joking or what?

We have a relatively 'easier' tie in the semi, it will be tough but we have a great chance.

The final is 50/50. It'll be at Wembley, we'll have most of the the ground, the players will have learnt from 09, whether it's Barca or Madrid they won't make the same mistake.

I'd fancy us in a one off game at Wembley in the European Cup.

I think Madrid will knock Barca out.

At the end of the day if we get past Schalke, when the Berties are all getting giddy about the F.A Cup final, we'll have maybe already won number 19 and be getting ready for the European Cup final at Wembley in a Saturday night game, what more could you want?

Unread 18-04-2011, 08:29 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
what more could you want?
Another chance to pit our wits against Rory Delap and Robert Huth, clearly.

Unread 18-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Dunk are you joking or what?

We have a relatively 'easier' tie in the semi, it will be tough but we have a great chance.

The final is 50/50. It'll be at Wembley, we'll have most of the the ground, the players will have learnt from 09, whether it's Barca or Madrid they won't make the same mistake.

I'd fancy us in a one off game at Wembley in the European Cup.

I think Madrid will knock Barca out.

At the end of the day if we get past Schalke, when the Berties are all getting giddy about the F.A Cup final, we'll have maybe already won number 19 and be getting ready for the European Cup final at Wembley in a Saturday night game, what more could you want?
So that's the league and the european cup in the bag.

Unread 18-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I dunno about that Dunk.

No disrespect to Schalke, but we've definitely got the 'easiest' game. The other semi is a coin toss IMO and could go either way. Then the final is a one off game at Wembley.

I think we've got as good a chance of being crowned European champions this year than any other time.

Given the choice of the two I'd rather be playing a cup final at Wembley for the European Cup than the FA Cup. £#%&! City.
19 and 4 are the numbers that matter. Not 35 and 36.

Blackburn bought the league. City bought an Fa Cup...final.

Unread 18-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzare
I've had worse days than yesterday following United.

Don't want to bring them all to mind at the moment thanks, but I don't recall ever having a "wipe the slate clean day", 24 hours later.

Didn't kill the bitch after her "Its only a game" comment.

Wonder if she'd react the same finding me playing "hide the sausage" with her sister?

" It's only a game love, get over it".. yeah.
LINKAGE

Unread 18-04-2011, 08:57 AM
dunk

European Cup > CL

And no, they are not the same.

As for our 'history' in the European Cup/CL, apart from 3 occasions it has mainly been misery, failure and disaster. And in recent years it has cost us other trophies as a result of resting players, tiredness and disappointment, the league title last year for instance and this year the FA Cup, to name but 2.

I really can't stand the competition unless we are actually playing. Over bloated, over hyped and generally a bit shite.

We may or may not get to the final, after all, our record against German clubs in semi's is not too clever, or even claiming to be above #@&%! level tbh, but the final, at £#%&!ing Wembley, do me a £#%&!ing favour, just more £#%&!ing misery beckons.

Unread 18-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
European Cup > CL

And no, they are not the same.

As for our 'history' in the European Cup/CL, apart from 3 occasions it has mainly been misery, failure and disaster. And in recent years it has cost us other trophies as a result of resting players, tiredness and disappointment, the league title last year for instance and this year the FA Cup, to name but 2.

I really can't stand the competition unless we are actually playing. Over bloated, over hyped and generally a bit shite.

We may or may not get to the final, after all, our record against German clubs in semi's is not too clever, or even claiming to be above #@&%! level tbh, but the final, at £#%&!ing Wembley, do me a £#%&!ing favour, just more £#%&!ing misery beckons.
The european cup where you played teams like Anderlecht and Blackburn Rovers? no way, it's overhyped but it's better than it was before tbh.
Don't worry apparently we've won it already anyway.

Unread 18-04-2011, 09:06 AM
believe

dunk's on one of his stupid wums that no-one gets. most people have been touting city for league contenders for the last 2 years so if that's the reward for what they've spent then £#%&! it let them have it. there is still a good chance that city will fail to make the top 4 so I'm not sure if FA Cup Winners will be a big enough enticement for many of the top stars again in the summer. they are a fuking small time joke of a club with £#%&!ing idiot fans. yes it hurt but 19 + 4 is something we've dreamt of since 93 and before so come may when vidic lifts that trophy city's fa cup semi final win will be so insignificant that they'll probably have it on DVD.

Unread 18-04-2011, 09:08 AM
dunk

Not really. I've been saying the same thing about the CL for years tbh.

Just goes to show just how difficult winning all 3 is. That was the easiest of the 3 on Saturday, 2 games against no-marks and trophy in the bag and we blew it.

Unread 18-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Crumps

Stoooopid Bird "It was such a great day, United haven't got anything as ORIGINAL as the Poznan"

:shakehead:

I am strangely not bothered about the result, especially since the Verm did us a favour. More pissed off about the performance.

To Tuesday and onwards.

Unread 18-04-2011, 10:46 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

makes you sound like a Bradford* fan, (*insert any team that sings any song with 'till I die' in it) tbabsolutelyh there Dunk, feeling for you.

Unread 18-04-2011, 10:57 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Don't sweat it. We started the "whatever years and won £#%&! all" at 17 I seem to recall, for it to get to 35 has been great. So what if they win the cup, they'll always be a laughing stock and not fit to wipe our arses
Started it in the Kippax at half time two nil down IIRC?

Unread 18-04-2011, 10:58 AM
The Return of JC

Gutted at the time, but feel ok about it now. Yesterday's result at the Emirates helped. Big game tmrw. The good thing about going for everything is there's quickly a chance to put it right. I'm not gonna be too critical of them on Saturday. We've been brilliant in recent weeks, but just couldn't quite keep the standard up against a side who wanted it more and got the little breaks. It was City's day. League is the priority and we have a great chance to take a massive step towards that this week. 2 wins and it's all but ours.

Unread 18-04-2011, 10:59 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
makes you sound like a Bradford* fan, (*insert any team that sings any song with 'till I die' in it) tbabsolutelyh there Dunk, feeling for you.
Not at all. I've just always resented the extra onus put on a competition that his always been so monumentally cruel to us.
Closed Thread