United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 28-10-2022, 07:49 AM
Pop

The bosch taking discipline to a new level. On Antony last night....

"But if it's a trick because of a trick, then I will....correct him."

Unread 28-10-2022, 07:52 AM
NedKelly

Can’t believe the hate Antony is getting for wanting to entertain. Hope he does it every game.

Unread 28-10-2022, 07:52 AM
Coracao

The 'trick' was ridiculous. That ridiculous and out of place that it was actually amusing. I think it was the fact that he then kicked it out for a goal kick which made it.

Unread 28-10-2022, 07:57 AM
puressence

savage is fuming cos his kid wasnt on the bench the dick.. Bet his weird brother on twitter is singing the same tune ffs

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:02 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
The 'trick' was ridiculous. That ridiculous and out of place that it was actually amusing. I think it was the fact that he then kicked it out for a goal kick which made it.
He didn’t exactly kick it out for a goal kick did he. He very nearly played someone in. The spin itself creates time and space to allow him to make the pass.

If it had come off people would be creaming themselves over it and calling him a genius

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:04 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Can’t believe the hate Antony is getting for wanting to entertain. Hope he does it every game.
Completely bizarre. In a competition almost everyone openly says is mind-numbingly dull, he does something admittedly a bit mental and people lose their minds. Who £#%&!ing cares?

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:08 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He didn’t exactly kick it out for a goal kick did he. He very nearly played someone in. The spin itself creates time and space to allow him to make the pass.

If it had come off people would be creaming themselves over it and calling him a genius
That's the way I saw it. He was trying to bamboozle the defender who told him he would stick to him like glue, and it almost worked

In the grand scale, it was as big a deal as someone miscontrolling a pass and it going out for a throw in. Plus it looked cool as flip

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:08 AM
Dr Stranger

87 shots on goal, 33 shots on target in our last 3 home wins. Must be doing wonders for our expected goals, chances created and anticipated joy stats.

The stat reds are coming over the hill, and I’m sorry, Mr Klopp, but there’s nothing you can do about it.

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:09 AM
Selhurst Samurai

It was just a bit of entertainment FFS. There were a couple of kids sat behind me who kept talking about it for the rest of the match. Savage is a #@&%!, as ahive probably just seething that his bang average kid isn't getting a game.

I found it far less offensive than the utter shite the opposition served up. Made absolutely no effort to compete and the only thing they managed to do successfully was feign injury a few times.

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:10 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
87 shots on goal, 33 shots on target in our last 3 home wins. Must be doing wonders for our expected goals, chances created and anticipated joy stats.

The stat reds are coming over the hill, and I’m sorry, Mr Klopp, but there’s nothing you can do about it.

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:10 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
It was just a bit of entertainment FFS. There were a couple of kids sat behind me who kept talking about it for the rest of the match. Savage is a #@&%!, as ahive probably just seething that his bang average kid isn't getting a game.

I found it far less offensive than the utter shite the opposition served up. Made absolutely no effort to compete and the only thing they managed to do successfully was feign injury a few times.
It’s ridiculous isn’t it. I can understand teams keeping it tight to play for a point. But they don’t need the point. They don’t come out once they go behind. The whole game is just to defend and concede as few goals as possible. Shite.

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:12 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
It’s ridiculous isn’t it. I can understand teams keeping it tight to play for a point. But they don’t need the point. They don’t come out once they go behind. The whole game is just to defend and concede as few goals as possible. Shite.
Mourinho would have had us park the bus after going 1-0 up.

Lost a lot of respect for Erik when he brought Maguire on. No need for that kind of negativity.

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:12 AM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
I don't get it. It might be the only chance you get in your career to play at Old Trafford. Why wouldn't you want to have a bit of a go and maybe make a name for yourself.

Alright if you're getting absolutely leathered then I understand damage limitation for your own dignity, but they had no intent whatsoever.

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:15 AM
Ethers

Scholes, Savage etc have been more vocal about that spin than when Ronaldo refused to come on as a sub last week.

Absolute cranks

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:17 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
I don't get it. It might be the only chance you get in your career to play at Old Trafford. Why wouldn't you want to have a bit of a go and maybe make a name for yourself.

Alright if you're getting absolutely leathered then I understand damage limitation for your own dignity, but they had no intent whatsoever.
They end up getting leathered anyway once they tire. Their aim was to keep it tight. They conceded 3 and faced 28 shots on goal. Might as have had a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Mourinho would have had us park the bus after going 1-0 up.

Lost a lot of respect for Erik when he brought Maguire on. No need for that kind of negativity.
Hopefully just a pity outing.

Big important second half for you here, Skipper. Look! Here’s that armband you like…

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:19 AM
Hyman_Roth

This Anthony thing. The guy just wants to entertain at the end of the day. Like something a young Dele Alli would do. How could anyone not like that?

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:19 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Scholes, Savage etc have been more vocal about that spin than when Ronaldo refused to come on as a sub last week.

Absolute cranks
Sub refuses to come on - understandable frustration
Showboating - pathetic

They spent about five minutes talking about it on BT, including how many spins would have been acceptable. Weird bastards. Hope he does it every game.

Anticipated spin stats

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:21 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
savage is fuming cos his kid wasnt on the bench the dick.. Bet his weird brother on twitter is singing the same tune ffs
he popped up on my timeline the other week, what a needy tw*t

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:22 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Absolutely spot on.

Not sure about this, though. Look at the impact Erik’s made over a dozen games or so and far from giving him credit, they can’t think of enough negatives to whinge about. Scholes one of the biggest culprits. Savage never made it at United and nor will his lad. Bitter @#%&!.

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:26 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
This Anthony thing. The guy just wants to entertain at the end of the day. Like something a young Dele Alli would do. How could anyone not like that?
Doing it was fine as far as I was concerned. It was more the fact he played a shit pass afterwards and gave them the ball back. Had he set up a goal nobody would care but don’t showboat then give the ball away.