United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2021, 09:47 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I was pinning my hopes on them stopping City from winning the league cup yet again. But it appears everybody apart from City are in a bit of a funk at the moment.
It’s not being mentioned anywhere in the press, but the break they engineered for themselves over Christmas has sorted everything out for them

Unread 11-02-2021, 09:52 AM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He’s addicted to calling players out in the press. Yes, Alli may be lazy, or Bale may be finished as a top player, but most sane people keep it in house and move on or risk unsettling the squad. Mourinho literally can’t stop himself from bringing drama to the changing room.
I used to think he was employing the tactic Fergie would use by making a controversy about himself on the back of a bad result/run, but he is turning into (or has turned into) a bitter, miserable, joyless fun sponge. I just can not see what he gets out of it. What sort of mindset enjoys being so £#%&!ing miserable all of the time? (Insert name of poster here)

Unread 11-02-2021, 09:56 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
I used to think he was employing the tactic Fergie would use by making a controversy about himself on the back of a bad result/run, but he is turning into (or has turned into) a bitter, miserable, joyless fun sponge. I just can not see what he gets out of it. What sort of mindset enjoys being so £#%&!ing miserable all of the time? (Insert name of poster here)
Narcissism would be my guess.

Unread 11-02-2021, 02:08 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Which of his players is he blaming for this one, then?
Where was Gareth Bale tonight? Is he fit?

Well I think it's better for me to say. So we played against West Bromwich on the Sunday and he didn't play. On Monday I was a little bit surprised by him wanting to have a scan because he was not comfortable with some muscular area.

So he didn't train on Monday and then on Tuesday he trained with the team but I was informed that his desire would be to work with the sports science for a couple of days to strengthen that area where he's not feeling comfortable. That's the reason why he's not here.

Is this an injury that will keep him out for the weekend?

I don’t think it is an obvious clear injury.

I would says he feels uncomfortable and because of that the training session he couldn’t be 100 percent, but I don’t think we can speak about an injury.

You've spoken in the past about wanting players to make themselves available even with little problems, do you want Gareth Bale to say he can play despite feeling a bit uncomfortable?

Sorry, this is Everton match press conference and Gareth was not here and the only thing I can say about Gareth was the question that I was asked and I wanted to make it very clear the situation which I'm being completely open and honest about.

Unread 11-02-2021, 02:42 PM
utd99

So in other words, I’m going to imply like a champ until you force me into an explicit statement, then I’m going to have a dig at you...

What a worm he is.

Unread 11-02-2021, 04:08 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
So in other words, I’m going to imply like a champ until you force me into an explicit statement, then I’m going to have a dig at you...

What a worm he is.
Tbf, it wouldn't exactly be a shock that Bale doesn't fancy it. Reckon Jose was deffo lumbered with him, stinks of a Levy signing....

Hahaha

Unread 11-02-2021, 05:13 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It’s not being mentioned anywhere in the press, but the break they engineered for themselves over Christmas has sorted everything out for them
that's where the disagreement between Pep and Klopp started in the press prior to them playing....klopp brought up that point

Unread 11-02-2021, 05:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
that's where the disagreement between Pep and Klopp started in the press prior to them playing....klopp brought up that point
The only time anyone has...

And Klopp can stfu, they had the perfect Christmas period fixture and rest wise, he just £#%&!ed it up, and they've played less games this year plus one of their games was against a bunch of teenagers. #@&%!.

Unread 11-02-2021, 05:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

And Klopp can stfu, they had the perfect Christmas period fixture and rest wise, he just £#%&!ed it up, and they've played less games this year plus one of their games was against a bunch of teenagers. #@&%!.
Playing half their first team against Villa's under 21s was one of the most brain dead things i've seen.

Unread 11-02-2021, 05:49 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Playing half their first team against Villa's under 21s was one of the most brain dead things i've seen.
Have a look at some of Our Carlton's posts.... in the words of Bachman–Turner Overdrive - you ain't seen nothing yet...

Unread 11-02-2021, 06:49 PM
Vida_15

Quote:

And Klopp can stfu, they had the perfect Christmas period fixture and rest wise, he just f***ed it up, and they've played less games this year plus one of their games was against a bunch of teenagers. b*****d.
he and pep have zero room to talk about fixture lists and how games have been scheduled. They both got nice breaks with the fixture list..hell it seems like every week that german @#%&!s team has an extra days rest between matches. Plus, both these guys have £#%&!ing cake draws in the cups while we keep getting premier league team after premier league team

Unread 11-02-2021, 08:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Would literally any other club have even pulled that one off, let alone had it airbrushed out of the record by a totally compliant media?

Unread 11-02-2021, 08:46 PM
Ethers

The City stuff is a bit cringe. It was out of order, but is being overstated. They were on a good run anyway. I don’t think getting 4 extra days rest has been solely responsible for them winning about a million games in a row, despite what the fitness lads want to claim.

They’re a very good team, with a big squad, and he’s got them playing very well again. It’s that simple.

Unread 11-02-2021, 08:52 PM
red in cumbria

Tbh its more the complete lack of questioning about it (Klopp almost the sole exception) that gets me. You just know that if United had done that, people would mention it for YEARS

Unread 11-02-2021, 08:52 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
The City stuff is a bit cringe. It was out of order, but is being overstated. They were on a good run anyway. I don’t think getting 4 extra days rest has been solely responsible for them winning about a million games in a row, despite what the fitness lads want to claim.

They’re a very good team, with a big squad, and he’s got them playing very well again. It’s that simple.
Totally. Shows a bit of guile if anything.

When you put it up with their perpetual cheating it’s not great but on its own then yeah. Put it this way, I won’t be using it in any arguments with any berts.

Unread 12-02-2021, 12:06 AM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Trump.

Unread 12-02-2021, 12:35 AM
dunk

Quote:

They drew with West Brom 2 weeks before, they were struggling for goals beating Southampton (a) 1-0 and Newcastle (h) 2-0 before they were due to play Everton away on the Monday night. They skipped that, had 10 days recovery and some actual training, then played a tired Chelsea, slapped them before rocking up at OT to face a United side that had played every 2-3 days since September and looked fresher as they beat us, and have had a spring in their step ever since. No question it helped them massively. Not saying they wouldn’t have got there eventually, but to say getting a long break in the midst of the busiest period of the season hasn’t helped them is wrong.

Unread 12-02-2021, 01:36 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

He has. They've become very pragmatic and functional as a team. They're not blowing teams away they're just putting up wins and not conceding goals.

It helps that all the other traditional 'big' teams are extremely flaky right now.

Unread 12-02-2021, 04:17 AM
utd99

No one believes anything City do or say is on the level anymore. They’ve outed themselves as cheating @#%&!s; just because they squirmed out of punishment doesn’t change that.

Unread 12-02-2021, 09:25 AM
AK14

Quote:

Yep

Like you say they were on a decent little run anyway and when you’ve got quality x2 in every position it shouldn’t be any surprise when you’re in the position they find themselves.

It’s pretty shit obviously but at least we haven’t got them and Liverpool up there solely fighting it out to see who can reach a million points first for the 3rd or 4th season in a row.
Closed Thread