United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-01-2023, 03:47 PM
Chris Quayd

Default 28 Years Ago

So much to unpack from that day and subsuquent events, the follow-up haymaker right after the kick was sublime, Schmeicel and Ince don't get the credit they deserve for offering out half the stand either, Ince was charged with affray iirc.

On the back of that we got the seagulls quote, Eric battering the ITN reporter and the double double which also doesn't get the props it should because of the treble. Favourite player by a country mile.

Unread 25-01-2023, 04:07 PM
est.1878

can someone suceed where ive failed and post a high res image of it so we can get the definitive list of crowd characters. del boy is the one who pops out first for me

Gadget 100pc came straight from a hard days meeting rooming at MI5

bottom right looks like an uncommisioned fast show character

Unread 25-01-2023, 04:09 PM
tatty

Butthead top right.

Unread 25-01-2023, 04:12 PM
est.1878

hadnt spotted ben thornley enjoying the game from the stands next to gadget

Unread 25-01-2023, 04:12 PM
Dr Stranger

The busy fat cow always bothered me much more than Simmons. Wish he’d roundhoused her as well.

Cost us the title, but I absolutely love that he did it.

Unread 25-01-2023, 04:16 PM
Chorlton74

i couldn't abide that fat dollop. she was plastered all over the world clearly laughing at what simmonds was doing.

but the day after, she was horrified and sickened and could smell coin.

i wish Eric had banjoed her as well as that disco pant, plastic jacket wearing tool.

Unread 25-01-2023, 04:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Fans really are idiots, aren’t they? He’s giving it loads thinking he’s shouting at a television. It never occurs to him that Eric might actually do something back. That famous freeze frame image is just superb. Erics about 6ft 2, he’s flying at full pelt with studs on his shoes into Simmons who looks The Ordinary Boys tour manager. It’s a fantastic mismatch.

Unread 25-01-2023, 04:27 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Fans really are idiots, aren’t they? He’s giving it loads thinking he’s shouting at a television. It never occurs to him that Eric might actually do something back. That famous freeze frame image is just superb. Erics about 6ft 2, he’s flying at full pelt with studs on his shoes into Simmons who looks The Ordinary Boys tour manager. It’s a fantastic mismatch.
deserved it just for going to a match in Niall Quinns disco pants and a plastic jacket.

Unread 25-01-2023, 04:31 PM
no fun

Duncan thickett in the rugby shirt bottom right

Unread 25-01-2023, 04:34 PM
Dr Stranger

I like the contrast of the Diedre Lovejoy “please think of the children” girl and the emotionless gay-bully-from-seinfeld next to her.

Unread 25-01-2023, 04:37 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Duncan thickett in the rugby shirt bottom right
shout.

aldi britney back right appears to have jibbed in behind the guy with a fake upright claw hand

Unread 25-01-2023, 04:52 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
aldi britney back right appears to have jibbed in behind the guy with a fake upright claw hand
Would

Unread 25-01-2023, 05:02 PM
thatsfuctit

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...kung-fu-kicked

Unread 25-01-2023, 05:02 PM
Chorlton74

Cassandra's dad from Only Fools appears to have gone with the fella to his right from press gang.

#gumbo

Unread 25-01-2023, 05:09 PM
Drexl

Cream directly above the number 7 on Cantona's shirt

Unread 25-01-2023, 05:12 PM
goldfinger II

Unread 25-01-2023, 05:21 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Just as it didn't occur to this rat that following Eric to some lawless Carribean island and harrasing him might not end well.

ITN reporter Terry Lloyd said that he and a two-man crew approached Mr Cantona yesterday on a public beach on the Caribbean island of Guadeloupe, where the former French team captain is on holiday.

Mr Lloyd said they wanted to know when the footballer planned to return to England. Last Wednesday, Mr Cantona failed to report to police for questioning over an attack on a Crystal Palace fan two weeks ago.

The footballer ignored ITN's questions, said Mr Lloyd. "He then grabbed me in a headlock and said `Come with me, I'd like a chat with you'." He told the other crew members they should go "somewhere quiet".

Mr Lloyd went on: "Suddenly, without warning, he came running at me, launched into the air and kicked me in the chest." While he was down on the sand, Mr Cantona stood over him and said: "I'm going to kill you."

An ITN spokesman said police had confiscated their film, saying they would give it to Mr Cantona.

Unread 25-01-2023, 05:33 PM
Pop

"Off you go Cantona. An early shower for you"

Unread 25-01-2023, 07:07 PM
Sparky***

Loved it. What a moment. A glorious boot to the face of an awful south London shithouse.

Unread 25-01-2023, 07:14 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
"Off you go Cantona. An early shower for you"

Closed Thread