United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 11-01-2023, 09:34 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
We've had nearly a decade of general under-achievement tbf.

And many will be even more cautious after getting their fingers burned with Ole.
FINGERS BURNT WITH OLE ..

Unread 11-01-2023, 09:44 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
FINGERS BURNT WITH OLE ..
I’m #teamric on this one. Was hardly a resounding success was it? We all backed him at one point and it ended disastrously.

Unread 11-01-2023, 09:59 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I’m #teamric on this one. Was hardly a resounding success was it? We all backed him at one point and it ended disastrously.
The COVID kid

Only really worked without pressure.....

Erik THRIVES on pressure...

Unread 11-01-2023, 10:14 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
no not a success at all //

Unread 11-01-2023, 10:56 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
What an absolute disgrace of a performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
enjoyed that

Never really got out of 3rd gear (is 1st gear best? or 6th? confusing)

We all already knew that MehTominay, Mehguire, Mehlanga and Aaron Wan Mehssaka aren't anywhere close to first team quality. Presume 1 or all of them will be £#%&!ed off by the summer. Squad needs better 2nd options.

Bringing on Case, Eriksen and Rashford was grossly unfair. Alejandro is superb. Pellestri deserves his chance. Up the £#%&!ing on the way to wembley tricky reds

Unread 11-01-2023, 10:59 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Who is whinging?
Sparky.

Unread 11-01-2023, 11:13 AM
Dasilvatwins

Pellestri has to be second choice RW now until Sancho comes back. Last night was the last straw for elanga for me. He can’t even be a squad player.

Mainoo looked good in places. Probably a couple years away from a loan to get first team football but the experience would have done him the world of good.

The Scottish Player another one that needs the chop in the summer.

I think if we keep mejbri next season and sign a CM, get rid of The Scottish Player . It should leave us with enough options in midfield.

Unread 11-01-2023, 11:15 AM
dunk

Unread 11-01-2023, 11:30 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
Thankfully we are through. Some shocking passing nearly caused a few unnecessary last ditch tackles witch could have resulted in more injuries to key players. A great strike from Anthony but he was poor for most of the game. Maybe losing Dalot didn`t help him. Maguire shocking, McTominey even worse and Malacia had a bad one to. It was a good move to bring on the Ist team subs because it looked as though we might ship a goal at any time. I was impressed with Pallistri when he came on but I thought Garnacho was my MOTM apart from Rashers of course whose on fire! Thank you to Trafford Borough Council for issuing me with a parking ticket at 12 minutes past 10 in the poring rain. @#%&!s!
I got one of those at the Bournemouth game. @#%&!s

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:49 PM
Dasilvatwins

Anyone who has watched United could tell you when Ronaldo did play there was a sense of “ play him in through first” . Whether it was subconsciously because of who he is or an actual tactical direction I don’t know.

But there were elements of , get it to him first even if there is a slightly better option. I understand you have to play to your strengths and if you have a world class player the team should be driven to create as much for him. But Ronaldo had been poor all season (by his standards) . Lack of goal scoring aside, he misplaced passes, heavy touches, arms going up after the first misplaced pass to him or even if the wasn’t picked out .

The couple of europa league games against the cannon fodder where he wasn’t struggling to keep up with them physically was hard to watch.

Take him out, we play better as a team. we can see it with our eyes. I am glad he is gone and we can start to build for the future

Unread 11-01-2023, 01:17 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Anyone who has watched United could tell you when Ronaldo did play there was a sense of “ play him in through first” . Whether it was subconsciously because of who he is or an actual tactical direction I don’t know.

But there were elements of , get it to him first even if there is a slightly better option. I understand you have to play to your strengths and if you have a world class player the team should be driven to create as much for him. But Ronaldo had been poor all season (by his standards) . Lack of goal scoring aside, he misplaced passes, heavy touches, arms going up after the first misplaced pass to him or even if the wasn’t picked out .

The couple of europa league games against the cannon fodder where he wasn’t struggling to keep up with them physically was hard to watch.

Take him out, we play better as a team. we can see it with our eyes. I am glad he is gone and we can start to build for the future
You have to think we were building something at the time when Ronaldo arrived.

Absolutely disrupted the squad, caused havoc with the wage structure, cost Ole his Job which ended up being our worst season in sometime with the disaster that was Ralf and then if course the interview

Was this all worth it just to stop him going city? Yes it probably was

Unread 11-01-2023, 01:44 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by History

Absolutely disrupted the squad, caused havoc with the wage structure, cost Ole his Job which ended up being our worst season in sometime with the disaster that was Ralf and then if course the interview

city would have won the CL last season if they had ronnie IMO

Unread 11-01-2023, 01:57 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by History

This is true. They create about 5/6 clear cut chances a game. He would have won the golden boot as he was doing it and probably took them far in the champions league too.

Unread 11-01-2023, 02:17 PM
Travis Bickle

Ronaldo, Pogba, Lingard all gone. Look to the bright future.

Unread 11-01-2023, 02:23 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
city would have won the CL last season if they had ronnie IMO

Unread 11-01-2023, 03:51 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Are you kidding?

Every recent match thread has had people in it saying that actually we weren’t that good. Signings are being written off after a handful of games. Heads are falling off because we’re trying to sign someone who played for Burnley.

This is the most positive place the club has been in for years, and some people still want to see the negatives in everything.
No negativity here Geoff. It's great watching us at the moment. Think Antony is waaaay overrated by some but let's see how he develops once he learns he has a right foot.

Unread 11-01-2023, 04:06 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
A few there who's days are numbered. Just take whatever Everton put on the table for Elanga.
Elanga is not very good, But we have had to put up with The Scottish Player for years now and he is utter turd. sell the Scottish fraud too

Unread 11-01-2023, 06:19 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
No negativity here Geoff. It's great watching us at the moment. Think Antony is waaaay overrated by some but let's see how he develops once he learns he has a right foot.
Is he way overrated though? Aren't people saying he's not played many games?

Unread 11-01-2023, 06:45 PM
dunk

This Antony has no right foot meme has run its course already tbh. Literally scored with it on Friday ffs

Unread 11-01-2023, 06:53 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This Antony has no right foot meme has run its course already tbh. Literally scored with it on Friday ffs
ffs. he could have used his head to score that and he wouldn't be great in the air.