United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-02-2023, 08:12 AM
Bunker Buster

One poor game and the hate flows....

Unread 09-02-2023, 08:22 AM
Ethers

Standard isn’t it. So unexpected to see the usual faces turbo posting negativity after a bad result.

I do agree with Shenners that he doesn’t look much of a goal threat. With his height, expected him to cause more problems for defenders. But set up the right way, he contributes a lot to the team. He clearly shouldn’t be starting every game for a club of our stature, but unfortunately that’s where injuries and @#%&! like Martial left us.

Unread 09-02-2023, 08:32 AM
Patty_b

He's not been brought in to score 1 in 2, or at least I hope he's not. He's shown he's good at holding up the ball and bringing others into play, which I think is his primary role in the team.

But he was all round piss poor last night though, he shouldn't have been allowed back on the pitch in the second half.

Unread 09-02-2023, 08:39 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

This. I think the 2 games a week caught up with him last night as he was a bit leggy. He is a good option but probably better coming off the bench to make an impact

Unread 09-02-2023, 08:49 AM
shenwen

Quote:

He’s done nothing since he’s arrived. maybe I’m old fashioned in expecting strikers to have some goal threat.

Aside from the goal in the cup I think he’s had one header on goal. He shouldn’t be starting games now Sancho is back.

Unread 09-02-2023, 08:54 AM
Hyman_Roth

I really like him. He was piss poor last night but so was everyone else.

We need a goal scorer and he is most definitely not that man but I’d keep him at the club to come on in certain situations . But he’s a stop gap ffs - tenners needed someone who could quickly slot in to a way of playing that weggers would easily understand.

People’s anger should be directed towards martial who’s been at the club for nearly a decade and is about as unmotivated and lazy as can be possible.

Oh for the days of a few of us pointing out how weirdly lazy he was and being told by south side et al that he was exceptional and that we were too unsophisticated to see how amazing he was.

Unread 09-02-2023, 08:55 AM
Stickman

Quote:

Unread 09-02-2023, 09:00 AM
NedKelly

Criticism is fair but I think he’s getting a bit of undeserved hate (“new” poster ‘the Butcher’ being a prime example). As Hyman says, he was brought in because Martial can’t go a game without getting injured/too tired to play the next game.

Hopefully Rashford can play through the middle but for me his best form comes from that left wing.

No one was great last night, barring Sancho.

Unread 09-02-2023, 10:28 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Criticism is fair but I think he’s getting a bit of undeserved hate (“new” poster ‘the Butcher’ being a prime example). As Hyman says, he was brought in because Martial can’t go a game without getting injured/too tired to play the next game.

Hopefully Rashford can play through the middle but for me his best form comes from that left wing.

No one was great last night, barring Sancho.
I'm not sure there's any hate - except from the wums. I said when we signed him that I wouldn't be against keeping him as a back up striker, and I still feel that way. he brings something different to what we have. But that's his limit at a club like ours.

Now we have Sancho fit, I'd be playing Rashford through the middle as much as possible. Weggers probably dreams of being able to head the ball as good as Rashford did last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Oh for the days of a few of us pointing out how weirdly lazy he was and being told by south side et al that he was exceptional and that we were too unsophisticated to see how amazing he was.
Remember those days. Siders really put his well-earned sage credentials on the line with Martial. Dunk was a big fan as well - playing through injuries, etc. I assume Nedders was a wind up.

Unread 09-02-2023, 10:35 AM
Dasilvatwins

He’s had a couple of bad games but the service hasn’t been great.

Tbh the whole team have been “decent” the last 4 games. Decent isn’t good enough for us.

Doesn’t help when he is the only striker. We lack depth and it’s showing. We are playing every three days for a good 4-6 weeks and it’s showing.

Still doing very well regarding position of the league and cups. Ideally that fart martial comes back and takes some of the games

Unread 09-02-2023, 10:38 AM
AK14

Siders definitely had a blind spot when it came to Martial, but he knew his onions other than that tbf.

Why did he leave the forum?

As for Weggy, he’s a looking a bit average at the moment but we knew what we were getting with him.

Unread 09-02-2023, 10:39 AM
Jethro

Crosses being lobbed in after he was subbed off summed up the game for me. 90 messy minutes.

The fact he isn't scoring isn't that concerning. His overall busyness and build up is something we've missed for a while.

Winner on Sunday nqat.

Unread 09-02-2023, 10:46 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
Shocking delivery from Fernandes on all our set pieces. I thought we had employed a person to sort this problem out? Obviously he`s been on a long vacation!

Can`t have `a 6ft 7 forward trying to play on the ground, come on why did we loan him? To be fair I don`t know!
The person we employed was Eriksen

Unread 09-02-2023, 10:54 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
He's not been brought in to score 1 in 2, or at least I hope he's not. He's shown he's good at holding up the ball and bringing others into play, which I think is his primary role in the team.

But he was all round piss poor last night though, he shouldn't have been allowed back on the pitch in the second half.
This.

If he holds the ball up, chips in with 5-8 goals then he’s done his job. He’s shown he can be a focal point and he presses well. He was poor last night, as were several others. And if that shitbag martial could stay fit and Ronaldo wasn’t a @#%&!, we wouldn’t need him.

I’m not sure what people are expecting from a loan punt.

Everyone buzzed off Larson and he scored 3 £#%&!ing goals in six months.

He’s done fine and it’s better to have the option than not.

Having said that, I’d like to se Rashford ip top and Sancho out left on Sunday

Unread 09-02-2023, 11:08 AM
dunk

Couple of lovely deliveries from Bruno too tbf, the FK at the end Rashers nearly bagged from for instance.

Consistency seems to elude too many of our players in too many aspects of the game.

Felt a bit for Weggy, he wants to hold the ball up and bring others in to play, but when receiving, mostly shit passes, he was completely isolated and had no one to work with. Garnacho was on the left touchline, Rashford the right, bored as 90% of our game goes left, and £#%&! know where Bruno was playing, I’m not sure he even knew.

Someone more mobile is a desperate requirement though.

Unread 09-02-2023, 11:08 AM
believe

I obviously don’t understand the game but I do remember when we brought in strikers who were capable of scoring goals. We used to hope defenders would chip in with 8 goals a season.

Unread 09-02-2023, 11:11 AM
dunk

Lucky to get 5 from the current 8 defenders tbf.

Set piece delivery is a massive issue. Doesn’t matter who we bring in and how good they’re known to be with a dead ball, they instantly turn to shit

Unread 09-02-2023, 11:19 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I obviously don’t understand the game but I do remember when we brought in strikers who were capable of scoring goals. We used to hope defenders would chip in with 8 goals a season.
This context and circumstances can’t be understated. We are skint. We couldn’t even afford a loan for Joao Felix. It was a cheapo loan or nothing. He’s not the realisation of a dream.

5 goals is fine for a stop gap striker who wouldn’t be first choice if Martial could pull his head from his arse.

Sheringham got 5 goals in the treble season. Albeit rather important ones

Unread 09-02-2023, 11:25 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Lucky to get 5 from the current 8 defenders tbf.

Set piece delivery is a massive issue. Doesn’t matter who we bring in and how good they’re known to be with a dead ball, they instantly turn to shit
Absolutely sick of Bruno taking those mid distance free kicks, he's awful....

Tell you who can take a free kick..
.Sabi....

Did make me laugh though when Weggy went off and we started crossing balls into the box

Unread 09-02-2023, 11:27 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Absolutely sick of Bruno taking those mid distance free kicks, he's awful....

Tell you who can take a free kick..
.Sabi....

Did make me laugh though when Weggy went off and we started crossing balls into the box
Nice header from Rasheh too. Jem-esque.
Closed Thread