Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
He's apparently 6'1" (he's not is he).
£#%&!ing diameter maybe.

Unread 23-01-2023, 12:48 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Can’t recall Saka getting in behind him tbh. The problem you’re alluding to is Shaw backing off and keeping Saka in front of him.

I don’t recall anybody in the defence struggling with anyone from Palace tbh, the whole issues there was distribution and keeping the ball. Palace created £#%&! all.
He got to the byline a couple of times and put in a lofted crosses to the back post. One in particular was when shaw got caught on his heels and done for speed, because he was way too passive.

Shaw had his struggles second half v palace. I’m pretty sure it was his last challenge that gave away the free kick late on too.

Shaw is similar to De Gea… one of our better players through the dark times but his glaring weaknesses keep cropping up and causing problems.

Unread 23-01-2023, 12:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Four wins in a row at CB. Back to left back - no wins. Coincidence?*

*yes.

Unread 23-01-2023, 12:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He got to the byline a couple of times and put in a lofted crosses to the back post. One in particular was when shaw got caught on his heels and done for speed, because he was way too passive.

Shaw had his struggles second half v palace. I’m pretty sure it was his last challenge that gave away the free kick late on too.

Shaw is similar to De Gea… one of our better players through the dark times but his glaring weaknesses keep cropping up and causing problems.
The tackle for the free kick was Bruno I think, Shaw was in front of him.

Shaw is one of the best LB’s in the league. De Gea is bottom 1/4 for goalkeepers.

Unread 23-01-2023, 12:51 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
According to who? Liars?

I think it was a bit of both tbh. Shaw was too passive, but he was horribly exposed on several occasions, as was AWB. Arsenal do overload those flanks well though. Very City-esque. They’re pretty relentless when they get on top of you and I thought they pinned us back well in that last ten minutes. Shit goal to concede, but we were hanging on.
That’s fair.

Issue I have is this isn’t the first time Shaw has done it. He was poor, governor not be allowed Saka all the time in the world to do what he wanted.

Unread 23-01-2023, 12:56 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
That’s fair.

Issue I have is this isn’t the first time Shaw has done it. He was poor, governor not be allowed Saka all the time in the world to do what he wanted.
It was all far too easy for Arsenal to get in and around the edge of our penalty area. Not just in wide areas either. A couple of times Partey and Odegaard received the ball off the backline and simply had to turn round to find themselves with 20 yards of space ahead of them.

We missed Casemiro, as we were always going to, but Eriksen has a tendency to just fade away in the second half of away games. With his ability and composure on the ball, he should be the one relieving the pressure, but instead you end up looking at him and thinking he needs hooking.

Shaw was a little passive, but that whole back line was too exposed and you can’t get away with it against top teams.

Unread 23-01-2023, 12:56 PM
AK14

Quote:

Shaw is one of the best LB’s in the league. De Gea is bottom 1/4 for goalkeepers.
Pretty confident it was Shaw pal.

There’s a lot of poor left backs in the league then.

Unread 23-01-2023, 12:58 PM
jem

Quote:
He possibly could’ve been more aggressive, but chances are Saka would’ve got past him at least once or twice, dragging Martinez out and creating the space in the middle Arsenal craved.
Quote:
Which is exactly what Malacia would have done.
at least he didn't shoot himself in the foot.

Unread 23-01-2023, 01:03 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
at least he didn't shoot himself in the foot.
Quote the full post…

You’re better than that.

Quote:

Yeah was Shaw

Unread 23-01-2023, 01:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Pretty confident it was Shaw pal.

There’s a lot of poor left backs in the league then.
The foul was for the trip, that wasn’t Shaw I don’t think.

Edit: take it back. I’d switched Fred and Shaw.

Unread 23-01-2023, 01:05 PM
AK14

Quote:
The foul was for the trip, that wasn’t Shaw I don’t think.
See above.

It was Shaw.

Didn’t pick up on the free kick being taken further forward either, im even more fuming now ffs

Unread 23-01-2023, 01:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
See above.

It was Shaw.

Didn’t pick up on the free kick being taken further forward either, im even more fuming now ffs
Shit wall from de Gea too

Unread 23-01-2023, 01:08 PM
AK14

Quote:
Shit wall from de Gea too

Unread 23-01-2023, 01:21 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
According to who? Liars?

I think it was a bit of both tbh. Shaw was too passive, but he was horribly exposed on several occasions, as was AWB. Arsenal do overload those flanks well though. Very City-esque. They’re pretty relentless when they get on top of you and I thought they pinned us back well in that last ten minutes. Shit goal to concede, but we were hanging on.
Google "Luke Shaw Height"....seems to be a case of one lie is now repeated across the internet.

Unread 23-01-2023, 01:22 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
Google "Luke Shaw Height"....seems to be a case of one lie is now repeated across the internet.
He’s an absolute unit if true.

Unread 23-01-2023, 01:24 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He’s an absolute unit if true.
6 foot? %@#$&!s!!!

Unread 23-01-2023, 01:30 PM
AK14

Unread 23-01-2023, 01:31 PM
silv

Quote:

Those 2 kgs are all in Martinez's boxers

Unread 23-01-2023, 01:34 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

At 6ft that has to be borderline anorexic. Someone is telling fibs here.

Unread 23-01-2023, 01:51 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
At 6ft that has to be borderline anorexic. Someone is telling fibs here.
6'1" even.

Seems to have come from here:

https://www.premierleague.com/player...-Shaw/overview

Which has Rashford as 5'11".

https://www.premierleague.com/player...hford/overview

Somebody is lying.....
Closed Thread