United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2023, 10:25 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Still don’t get the hate or in dunks case, the obsessive and continuous vitriol against one of our players.

The punch was shit and he’s shitter with his feet and in commanding his area than we’d all like. He’s had a great season so far though unless I’m missing something.

There are issues that could be better. Guess what, there are issues with every single one of our players that could be improved and there’s a long list of other priorities imv.

And who do we get to replace him? Every keeper in the prem makes absolute howlers on the reg and every keeper that’s joined us has been utter shit. Did someone mention Pickford? Wtaf?

He’ll be phased out over the next 2-3 years I reckon but is nowhere near being a priority imo.

Unread 24-01-2023, 10:25 AM
Ethers

Comparing him to Rooney ffs

United legend status. As if.

Unread 24-01-2023, 10:48 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
That punch is living rent free in my head, I pretty much accepted that result 5 mins after final whistle but that £#%&!ing punch has been jumping back into my thoughts constantly, hes a shit bag of a keeper and I dont care how many 'worldy' saves he pulls off it doesnt hide the fact hes a liability.

In fact i'd love to see his great saves offset by goals we concede because of his nervousness or cowardice, the guys in his £#%&!ing 30's he should be well past being a timid keeper but the yellow streak in him runs deep.

Cant wait til ETH shows this @#%&! the door

Every team that achieves has a commanding keeper. It starts from the goal line and go’s forward through the team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
That’s the problem

You must love Phil Jones

Unread 24-01-2023, 11:03 AM
dunk

His biggest strength is his shot stopping? Doesn’t make the top half for best PL goalkeepers..

https://fbref.com/en/players/7ba6d84e/David-de-Gea

Literally a bottom 4 goalkeeper

21st best goalkeeper in the league for intercepting crosses there’s a sub keeper better than him. By every measurable statistic he is average, other than clean sheets, which can be attributed to all those in front of him more than him himself.

but of course, I’m wrong, he’s World Class, the least of our problems…

Unread 24-01-2023, 11:10 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
no one has said this.

Unread 24-01-2023, 11:11 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no one has said this.
Yes they have.

Unread 24-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Ethers

That video is generous if anything, he should have also claimed the through ball that went for a corner which led to their last goal.

Unread 24-01-2023, 11:18 AM
jem

Quote:
Yes they have.
he's not the biggest problem, weaknesses acknowledged, he's overpaid, etc... is not the same as he's world class and the least of our problems. where you are wrong is in wanting to have the same £#%&!ing conversation every time he does something that isn't a world class save that keeps us in a game (which he does a lot). we get it. you hate him.

Unread 24-01-2023, 11:19 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Still don’t get the hate or in dunks case, the obsessive and continuous vitriol against one of our players.

The punch was shit and he’s shitter with his feet and in commanding his area than we’d all like. He’s had a great season so far though unless I’m missing something.

There are issues that could be better. Guess what, there are issues with every single one of our players that could be improved and there’s a long list of other priorities imv.

And who do we get to replace him? Every keeper in the prem makes absolute howlers on the reg and every keeper that’s joined us has been utter shit. Did someone mention Pickford? Wtaf?

He’ll be phased out over the next 2-3 years I reckon but is nowhere near being a priority imo.
Because he’s £#%&!ing shit, but manages to hide it and bamboozle everyone somehow, case in point…

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
In 2-3 years he’ll be 35 and will have been at United 14 years. He’s currently 10th in our appearance list and will likely finish up 4th or 5th. That alone should give him more respect than he gets and elevated him to United legend status.

If we made a list of players over the last ten years who contributed to our decline, he’d be in the bottom 5%. The hate he gets is weird as £#%&! but then again so was the hate Rooney got so hopefully in ten years everyone will revise their stance and say they thought he was great all along.
I’d say he’s contributed massively to our decline by undermining the team time and again and is evidence of the fall in standards.

Fergie would’ve binned him ages ago. £#%&!ing legend

Unread 24-01-2023, 11:19 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
That video is generous if anything, he should have also claimed the through ball that went for a corner which led to their last goal.
Jem would have caught it....

Unread 24-01-2023, 11:23 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's not the biggest problem, weaknesses acknowledged, he's overpaid, etc... is not the same as he's world class and the least of our problems. where you are wrong is in wanting to have the same £#%&!ing conversation every time he does something that isn't a world class save that keeps us in a game (which he does a lot). we get it. you hate him.
No, where you are wrong is thinking the conversation doesn’t need to be had while you keep dropping ‘Dave saves us again’ after something hits him in the chest 30 seconds or so after he could and should have nipped the attack in the bud. The saves he makes are often a result of his own lack of intervention, then people give it a ‘straight at him again’ or some other such bullocks, laughable as it normally is all but straight at him, and its his indecisiveness and shithousery that meant he had to make the save anyway

I can see you trying to shift your position a bit, so just leave it yeah.

Unread 24-01-2023, 11:35 AM
jem

Quote:
No, where you are wrong is thinking the conversation doesn’t need to be had while you keep dropping ‘Dave saves us again’ after something hits him in the chest 30 seconds or so after he could and should have nipped the attack in the bud. The saves he makes are often a result of his own lack of intervention, then people give it a ‘straight at him again’ or some other such bullocks, laughable as it normally is all but straight at him, and its his indecisiveness and shithousery that meant he had to make the save anyway

I can see you trying to shift your position a bit, so just leave it yeah.
I'm not shifting my position at all [citation needed]. you are the one who claimed he only saved shots straight at him and it's actually other people who point out his good saves when they aren't straight at him (sorry for your confusion over who writes the comments, but there is a clue on screen). not that they need to, because it was a ridiculous assertion in the first place. as for his qualities, I have always said he was shit on crosses. no change there. I have pointed out when he was actually fouled though (calvert-lewin, sheff utd?, etc). that seems fair.

Unread 24-01-2023, 12:00 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Because he’s £#%&!ing shit, but manages to hide it and bamboozle everyone somehow, case in point…

I’d say he’s contributed massively to our decline by undermining the team time and again and is evidence of the fall in standards.

Fergie would’ve binned him ages ago. £#%&!ing legend
Look pal. You’re relentless over him. It’s weird af. Like water torture.

No doubt Erik will bin him at the end of this season and not offer him a new contract given how horrifically shit is so obviously is.

Let’s see….

Unread 24-01-2023, 12:13 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
You don't get legendary status because you've played loads of games ..

Especially for a goalkeeper...... Remember he was a mistimed fax away from leaving ...

There's no doubt he has cost us loads of points, he's also made some amazing saves, but he lost us a European cup final...

He's a mess.
pathetic absolutely £#%&!ing pathetic

Unread 24-01-2023, 12:14 PM
Hyman_Roth

Unread 24-01-2023, 12:15 PM
puressence

Quote:

His biggest strength is his shot stopping? Doesn’t make the top half for best PL goalkeepers..

https://fbref.com/en/players/7ba6d84e/David-de-Gea

https://twitter.com/yehblitzed/statu...MeVEuXvSkwdtdA

Literally a bottom 4 goalkeeper

21st best goalkeeper in the league for intercepting crosses there’s a sub keeper better than him. By every measurable statistic he is average, other than clean sheets, which can be attributed to all those in front of him more than him himself.

rawk levels of stats // ffs what next dunk a par league

Unread 24-01-2023, 12:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
rawk levels of stats // ffs what next dunk a par league
People are in denial, they need evidence. This is evidence. There’s more out there.

Unread 24-01-2023, 12:23 PM
Ethers

Unread 24-01-2023, 12:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Comparing him to Rooney ffs

United legend status. As if.

Unread 24-01-2023, 12:29 PM
dunk

Quote:

First conspiracy I’ve believed in tbh. Pretty sure the pundits etc. talk him up because they know he’s shit and holding us back.
Closed Thread