United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-01-2023, 12:46 AM
Mr Kaboom

He'll have played 6 premier league games since we extended his contract in 2019.

Unread 28-01-2023, 08:52 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom
He'll have played 6 premier league games since we extended his contract in 2019.
£2.26m per game

Or to put it another way, almost four Denis Irwins.

#value

Unread 01-02-2023, 12:11 AM
Dr Stranger

Another window closed

Unread 01-02-2023, 12:21 AM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Another window closed

I think you should all buy a book called Forever Young. It`s about a boy/Manchester United junior Adrian Doherty
who was allegedly better than Giggs at the same age. He was a one off and had a very different personality to the other juniors he was playing/lodging with. Just as he was about to break into the first eleven he suffered a career ending cruciate liagament injury. Maybe you will understand what Phil Jones is going through. The book is available on ebay. I admit I cried a bit when I read it.

Unread 01-02-2023, 12:29 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
I think you should all buy a book called Forever Young. It`s about a boy/Manchester United junior Adrian Doherty
who was allegedly better than Giggs at the same age. He was a one off and had a very different personality to the other juniors he was playing/lodging with. Just as he was about to break into the first eleven he suffered a career ending cruciate liagament injury. Maybe you will understand what Phil Jones is going through. The book is available on ebay. I admit I cried a bit when I read it.
Tbf, I too cry a bit whenever I read about Phil Jones.

Unread 01-02-2023, 12:31 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Must be bloody terrible for Jonesy now you put it like that.

Unread 01-02-2023, 12:40 AM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Tbf, I too cry a bit whenever I read about Phil Jones.
Read the book and then give me some cheap I don`t really care response. That is if you read books and not comics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Must be bloody terrible for Jonesy now you put it like that.

Read the book. If you don`t understand what might be the problem is with the Phil Joneses injury I will refund you half the price of the book.

Unread 01-02-2023, 10:12 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Read the book and then give me some cheap I don`t really care response. That is if you read books and not comics?

Read the book. If you don`t understand what might be the problem is with the Phil Joneses injury I will refund you half the price of the book.
Nah you're alright ta.

How's Steph?

Unread 01-02-2023, 01:55 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:

£#%&! him and £#%&! you as well. Cretin

Unread 01-02-2023, 02:36 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
£#%&! him and £#%&! you as well. Cretin

Unread 01-02-2023, 06:20 PM
no fun

Quote:

Problem is….even when he’s fit he’s £#%&!ing bobbins

Unread 01-02-2023, 06:29 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Problem is….even when he’s fit he’s £#%&!ing bobbins
Except when this happened

After United had secured the Premier League title with a win over Aston Villa in 2013, Ferguson hailed Jones and tipped the United central defender to go on to achieve great things. "Jones, arguably, the way he is looking, could be our best ever player," he said of the centre-back.

Unread 01-02-2023, 06:32 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

After United had secured the Premier League title with a win over Aston Villa in 2013, Ferguson hailed Jones and tipped the United central defender to go on to achieve great things. "Jones, arguably, the way he is looking, could be our best ever player," he said of the centre-back.
He was probably sozzled pal

Unread 01-02-2023, 06:35 PM
dunk

The problem with Jones is the bulk of his playing time that we remember was while he was still a kid, being messed about positionally and prone to errors, as young players are. He was a cracking player who, playing regularly would’ve got better and better. He played well for us more often than not, everyone remembers the mistakes though.

His body and possibly brain let him down.

If he was shit he wouldn’t have started a game after 12 months missing and get motm in the PL, no reserve fixtures or anything, which he didn’t about 12 months ago.

I personally think the way his career has panned out is a crying shame, and FairPlay to United for sticking with him.

Unread 01-02-2023, 08:34 PM
92ToBury

Quote:

Ferguson 2010: No value in the market.
Also 2010: Yaya Toure signs for the berts for only £7m more than we paid for Valencia two years earlier.

Unread 01-02-2023, 10:53 PM
dunk

Unread 01-02-2023, 10:56 PM
Dasilvatwins

Hasn’t tuanzebe gone on loan?

Unread 01-02-2023, 11:06 PM
dunk

Yeah, only yesterday though. Programmes probably printed by then.

Unread 01-02-2023, 11:06 PM
red in cumbria

I blame the people who gave him his last deal here more, nqat.

Unread 01-02-2023, 11:14 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yeah, only yesterday though. Programmes probably printed by then.
They probably have binned him. Is he on the premier league official registration list?

Edit . He still is.
Closed Thread